PDA

View Full Version : What oil do you like the best?

peachy.pudding
April 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Please mark the one you like the best. You can also comment why and which ones you dont use and why.

peachy.pudding
April 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
My absolute tried and tested fave has to be olive oil. It just makes my hair so soft and beautiful. I always use it in deep treatments, and i always use it before i slepp. Not only does it work wonders for my hair but my scalp to.

Elainehali
April 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
I use coconut oil cause I think it's cool how it melts in my hands.

A little goes a long way, and I like that it washes out easy.

vindo
April 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
Camellia, no stickyness just smooth hair (and no scent) :)

saracuda
April 2nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Olive oil. I've tried a couple others and didn't like them. Olive is soft and I just like it.

ChloeDharma
April 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
I voted coconut, but i like quite a few others too. Coconut i keep coming back to because of it's effectiveness, the fact i find it easy to control how oily my hair gets with it, the smell and the fact my favourite commercial oils (dabur vatika and hesh bhringraj) use it as their base.

A couple of years ago i did make a list of the effects i found from different oils, some gave my hair more strength and some more softness. I remember that for light oiling Jojoba was one of my favourites, and for heavy oilings Avocado, Sweet Almond and Macadamia Nut were among my favourites.

Garnett
April 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
I chose coconut because I can't get enough of the smell. I also love EVOO as a treatment, jojoba as a refresher and coconut for my skin.

I sometimes eat the coconut oil.

j4zzin
April 2nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
I use grape seed, and I voted 'nut oil', but in retrospect I don't think it's a nut at all...

Nynaeve
April 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
I voted cheese because I use several, but not always in a mis, and I don't currently have a favorite.
I like coconut (which i don't have atm) jojoba, olive, rosemary, and tea tree.

thankyousir74
April 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
I voted jojoba oil, mainly because I haven't tried any of the others yet :/ I've been kinda new to lhc and I'm just taking up tips as I go along. I will say since I started using jojoba oil, I've seen less split ends.

Requiax
April 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I chose mixed because a mix of jojoba and coconut is my favorite. Kimberlily's hair butter is a great recipe.

Sorus
April 3rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
My hair reacts well to most oils but nothing makes it as silky and soft as coconut oil. :inlove:

hazelceleste
April 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
I voted for jojoba. It's not really my favorite oil, but it gives me the most consistently good results.

I prefer coconut since it's cheaper, smells nicer and works better as a deep treatment than jojoba oil does. But, coconut oil also makes my hair crunchy if I use it for daily light oilings, whereas jojoba never does anything bad to my hair, no matter how often I use it.

MerryKat
April 3rd, 2008, 01:28 AM
I love Coconut Oil as I find it is the best for soothing my sensitive, irritable scalp and for softening dry ends. If I over apply within a day it has soaked in.

I have used almond, evoo and sunflower for various treatments and found that with them if I over applied I had to wash to get out.

I want to try jojoba / grape seed / camellia - when I can find them.

Snowblood
April 3rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
I don´t like oil as a leave in but treatments with oil are great! I like avocado oil but also other sorts of oil (amla, rapeseed oil).

k_hepburn
April 3rd, 2008, 04:45 AM
My absolute favourite oil is evening primrose oil, not listed above.

It is a lighter-weight oil, somewhat similar texture to jojoba oil (that I also like).

I've tried using coconut oil, but found my hair just didn't take to it - it was always either too little (showing no effect) or too much (leaving my hair visibly greasy. It hass been put to good use as a body lotion since.

If my hair is very dry, I will switch to shea butter for a while.

katharine

Lavendula
April 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
My hair loves oils: EVOO, coconut and jojoba are my favourites. I voted jojoba however, because I couldn't do without since I use it on my hair, body and face. It's a good oil to mix with EO's.

harley mama
April 3rd, 2008, 07:27 AM
I voted mixed oils. I use several different ones.
I use SSO on my damp hair after each CO.
I use coconut oil in between CO's on dry or misted hair to tame it a bit.
I use olive hair for deep conditioning.

amaiaisabella
April 3rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Jojoba is okay so far, it's been the only one I've tried. I'm curious to try coconut oil, though- do you use it the same way? I only use a dime-size amount of the jojoba.

Jorchet
April 3rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
I voted Nut oils, in particular, Sweet Almond Oil. It works wonders for me. I use it with a bit of conditioner on wet hair when I'm co washing.
I've tried coconut oil, but I'm still not sure if the results are that good...I think that if I use it too often it makes my hair puffy.

cutenappygrl
April 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
I voted herbal oils - b/c I get scalp benefits as well and they seem to penetrate the hair shaft better and give more conditioning properties than the others.

shell78
April 3rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
I voted jojoba since it doesn't weigh my fine hair down.

I also love coconut oil for DTs.

JasmineDaisy
April 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
I voted for coconut oil. I love the way this stuff smells and it makes my hair super soft.

Eden Iris
April 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
I voted coconut, but I also use olive regularly: coconut twice a week and olive once. Coconut oil smells divine, and I like that I will never run out of olive because there's always a bottle of it in the kitchen.

orangeeyecrayon
April 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I am not huge on oiling, but when i do oil my hair i just use a mix of oils that came in a bottle from the drug store...

Some info about what i use:
it is called "doo gro mega thick growth oil"
i got it in the ethnic hair care section.

the ingredients say...
Soybean oil
sweet almond oil
oat protien
meadowfoam seed oil
tea tree oil

there are also a lot of herbal extracts...
there are parabens in it (i dont even know what those are)

i like it cause i am all about getting protien in my hair and it keeps it super hydrated, however i only use it once every 4 days

Nadezhda
April 4th, 2008, 02:47 AM
My favourite is non-refined coconut oil. It's easier for my to control how much goes on when I want to lightly moisturize my hair without it looking heavy, whereas when I use something like olive oil, it's far too easy to over-oil and end up with heavy, stringy hair.

DaSwiss
April 4th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Jojoba or Almond.

sahiba
April 4th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I find coconut oil the best ,esp. because its from the coconut trees of my house. So its really pure and smells heavenly. Though recently I have started mixing coconut oil with castor oil , and the results are even better.

KajiKodomo
April 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I said other, and I use Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil.

It has: Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

It smells wonderful! My husband and I call it "Miracle Oil," because we use it for everything, including getting gum out of my hair once, which is when we gave it that name. We've also used it to get the sticky residue off of video game cases, and I've used it as a hand moisturizer. I love it!

longhairedfairy
April 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Camellia, no stickyness just smooth hair (and no scent) :)

Yay, camellia oil! I love it. I used to have a small bottle of it that had a lovely delicate scent (I usually don't like much scent, but this was really nice). I don't think it's available any more, but I love the camellia oil I ordered at fromnaturewithlove.com.

Choccielocks
April 6th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I use coconut oil - I love it! I adore the scent and it has the perfect amount of 'oiliness' for my hair.
I also use it on my face for oil cleansing and put a dollop in my bathwater for all over light moisturising. :cool:

Sillage
April 7th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Avocado because it makes my hair feel stronger, distributes well, helps with frizz/fly aways, gives smoothness without looking too oily... it's a good all around oil that does pretty much everything except for making my hair shiny. Coconut oil is still the undisputed king shine, but I can't use it because it breaks me out.

Medvssa
April 8th, 2008, 07:31 AM
For my hair, which is very dry, with thick strands and pretty curly, coconut oil works best. Other oils make it feel crunchy, but my hair seems to absorb coconut oil. And it makes it softer. My boyfriend's hair is almost straight and of a medium thickness, and jojoba oil works best for him. And I put a little of BPAL on it so that he smells yummy :D I

to clean my face, which is also pretty dry, not sensitive, I use olive mixed 1:1 with castor oil, and a very small amount of lavender EO. This is fantastic. To moisturize I sometimes use rosehip oil.

chelles2kids
April 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Camellia oil, hands down.

Jojoba is okay, sweet almond oil is a bit better, coconut will get the job done, but so far nothing compares to Camellia oil.

Michelle

getoffmyskittle
April 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Coconut oil is king of my hair! I've used it ever since I was little and nothing else makes my hair as soft and reduces frizz the way coconut oil does.

Cassiopeia
April 8th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I use Monoi Oil http://www.monoi.com/ because of this awesome fragrance. I love it!
Especially in summer, it smells like beach *heavenly*

yzkaloha
April 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I voted for Coconut Oil. I love the shine and softness it gives to my hair, not to mention the proven abilities for it to enter the hair shaft to help strengthen it. Followed by Olive Oil and then Jojoba and Almond. I know I am supposed to pick just one, but haircare is never that simple ;).

zift
April 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I've tried lots and lots of oils but amongst all sweet almond oil is my best!

MadHatter
April 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I don't use any oil. Makes my hair look dirty.
And, I figure it wouldn't help my hair to use any, that would just be more manipulation (which I'm trying to cut down on).

1nuitblanche
April 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I've used olive oil for a couple of years, and it seems to do fairly well. I'd really like to try coconut oil, but can't find it anywhere. Maybe one day...

Deborah
April 9th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I love shea nut butter! :)

lavenderblue
April 9th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I mostly use jojoba now, my hair feels great after using. I also have virgin coconut oil, which my hair doesn't like at all, sweet almond which I like also (but more for my skin) and avocado oil which I use for prewash heavy oiling, I like the oil but I dislike the smell even though I added eo's, when I'm finished with it I won't buy it again.

XtinaXposed
April 10th, 2008, 03:29 AM
i voted for jojoba but now that i tried coconut oil i think coconut is definitely my favourite one.

Kunzang
April 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
My favorite is Amla - can be found in Indian grocers. It's especially good for cooling the head in hot weather. Makes my hair shiny.

chrissy-b
April 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I absolutely LOVE coconut oil and jojoba oil comes in at a very close second.

chloeishere
April 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I voted Mixed oils, no favorites. I definitely HAVE favorites, but I use different oils for different things.
I love coconut oil, but if used more than once (between washings) as a leave-in, it makes my ends crunchy. It's perfect for deep treatment, and I love the way it makes my hair feel.
Avocado is also very nourishing for a deep treatment, but I don't care for the smell, so I can't use it as a leave-in.
Sunflower oil is fantastic on my hair and scalp, but is kind of heavy for use as a leave-in. Also can have a sort of "foody" smell, at times. I still love it, for the way it makes my hair feel.
Olive is fantastic, but is too heavy most of the time (very difficult to wash out). I keep intending to mix up some olive and other oils in a blend to use as a deep treatment, but need to get more olive oil.
I have Manor Hall deep conditioner, which is my normal leave-in (and it's the best I've tried, hands down). It contains unrefined shea butter, olive, coconut, and jojoba oils. And a bunch of herbal infusions and eos.

Jojoba is okay, but I prefer other oils that I've tried. It was the first one I tried, and it works alright. It's more of a "surface" oil, in my opinion-- but good for a leave-in.
I am getting, but haven't yet tried camellia oil, neem oil, and amla oil. I'm also getting some cocoa butter, which I consider an oil as well.

Missa
April 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Olive oil has made my hair softer and more moisturized than all the times I used coconut oil. I haven't tried jojoba. The olive oil seems to make my scalp more moist than coconut oil ever did too.

Elizabeth
April 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Oil doesn’t seem to work for me. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? It doesn’t seem to matter how little I use, it makes my hair look stringy and lackluster.

Sakura07
April 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I always seem to come back to coconut oil not matter what. It leaves my hair feeling soft and healthy.

Although I have tried other oils, coconut is definitely my favorite. Currently I am revisiting EVOO, at first my hair didn't like it, now it seems to for some reason.

Laululintu
April 11th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I like coconut, monoi and jojoba oils equally, so I voted for the mixed oils one.

rubyann
April 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
My hair and skin likes avocado oil. I use it to OCM and to oil my hair on occasion.

I find olive oil too heavy for my hair. Coconut oil doesn't seem to do much of anything. Jojoba makes my hair too stringy and greasy looking and doesn't seem to wash out as easily as avocado.

Irishred
April 11th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I like cocoa butter but have a new coconut oil stuff that I've tried once. I also have olive oil and jojoba.

nayver
April 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'm using monoi oil which basically is coconut oil and I love it!!! It does not give me a oily smell and is not oily at all!!! I put it in damp hair and over dry hair if I feel the ends crunchy.

Legend
April 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I really prefer coconut oil because it seems...well, less oily/heavy than others. My hair just loves it.

rosieposie
April 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM
I like EVOO best

GlassEyes
April 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM
I'm going with olive oil, though I use coconut the most.

I have to mix my coconut and jojoba to use it.

citcit
April 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM
My favorit is jojoba oil for everyday. For deep treatment I prefer olive oil. After my washing routine I use a few drops sweet almond oil.

Áine
April 21st, 2008, 03:32 PM
I luuurve coconut oil!

Aromatic
April 26th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I use macadamianutoil a lot and shea butter. It's just the best for my hair!!

Patrycja
April 28th, 2008, 08:06 PM
yep-I'm like alot of the members here...I love coconut

I do enjoy some fruit EO's and herbal EO's

1MegMeg
April 30th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Where do you get coconut oil from? I know I could probably order it only, but is there a store I could get it from? Thank you! :)

jel
April 30th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I voted for the mixed option, as I've tried and liked a lot of oils. Once I learned that more is not always better!

I use jojoba (with added EOs) on my scalp.

On my ends, as a leave in or a heavy pre-wash oiling, I use any (or a mixture) of the following: coconut, olive, almond, castor, monoi, avocado, shea butter... Yes, I think that's it! :p

psvzum
April 30th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Coconut oil-my hair eats it up.

Lillian
April 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
For a long while it was jojoba oil. Then, I tried unrefined coconut oil, and it was massively different from the refined stuff I had tried before - so much better. Now unrefined coconut is my favourite and I use it after every wash.

Leisha
April 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I voted coconut oil. I use it straight or otherwise in a mix (with shea butter and a small bit of jojoba).

Sofoulee
April 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Olive.

I'm greek, and ever since I was little, I've used it in my hair. It's always been great and I'm familiar with how much my hair needs/wants.

lirael
May 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
I just started oiling and olive is the only kind I've tried. I'm still figuring out how much my hair likes but so far it is nice and soft.

Tresses
May 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Well, it seems like I've been running around the boards yelling, "I LOVE CAMELLIA OIL!! :cheese:" for the past few days. :o

It's my new favorite. I'm using it as a leave-in on damp hair. :inlove:

Phalaenopsis
May 2nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
I like olive oil the best, just because we always have a bottle standing at home...

florenonite
May 2nd, 2008, 07:30 AM
I voted coconut oil, because it's the only one I've ever used it. I like it: it smells yummy and has a million and one uses.

socks
May 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I like coconut oil and tea tree oil for my skin and olive oil and coconut oil for my hair. The problems with olive oil are that it's hard to judge how much to use and that the smell is a bit strong. I'd have to say that my all-around favorite is coconut, though.

freznow
May 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I just got grapeseed oil, and I am loving it! So light, perfect for skin and hair. But I've only used it for a day or two, we'll see how it works in the long run.

kwaniesiam
May 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I love coconut as a carrier or pure, but often I mix them with others. Jojoba oil has worked well for me too, and essential oils to me have a totally different use. Love those as well. I'm just an oil freak :silly:

RavennaNight
May 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
my vote was definately with coconut oil, as my dyed hair is feeling much more conditioned and soft. I have been adding jojoba as well after reading about it here and am liking the results. I'm really interested in trying rosemary oil because I read it helps enhance hair growth. I'd love faster hair growth, I average 1/3 to 1/2 inch per month and would love a boost. I'm still researching how to add that to the mix

mira-chan
May 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Voted "mixed oils", I do make soem mixes but I also vary the oils I use depending on the condition of the hair and room temperature (no shea or coconut in the winter). I use sasame or coconut on the scalp and camellia, jojoba, coconut and avocado on the length. Shea on and off on the ends and for frizz smoothing.

Sana
May 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM
It's interesting that coconut oil is suddenly more popular:) I was at whole foods the other day & their oil section was full of different brands of coconut oil. It used to be Jojoba before.

I voted for jojoba as I really like how it makes my hair smooth without the greasiness. I do use some old dabur amla once in a while for deep conditioning but love the jojoba on a daily basis.

Also has anyone had problems with coconut oil frosting on hair during winters? DH loved to use coconut oil....but his short hair showed white beads at the ends during winter & now he uses gel but keeps missing his dear homemade coconut oil!!

Angellen
May 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Coconut is my oil of choice. I'm also fond of jojoba, but find olive too hard to work with in my hair. Coconut oil is quick and fast and makes my hair even more glossy, which is nice.

savi
May 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I voted coconut, but I'm waiting for the Camellia oil to arrive. If Flaxen and Tresses are trusworthy or anything to go by it might become a new favourite. :rolleyes:

flapjack
May 9th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I use coconut, jojoba and/or castor oil. No olive or grapeseed goes anywhere near my hair, it takes days to get it out.

Nynaeve
May 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I love coconut as a carrier or pure, but often I mix them with others. Jojoba oil has worked well for me too, and essential oils to me have a totally different use. Love those as well. I'm just an oil freak :silly:

I'm an oil freak too. I have at least 7 different kinds (that i can think of) scattered around here....

Katrina
May 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I voted for olive oil because it makes my hair very soft. Jojoba oil feels a bit too light but I use it sometimes. It's wonderful for dry hands. Coconut oil falls between those two.

julya
May 23rd, 2008, 01:01 AM
I don't use it that often, but jojoba oil works pretty well. I've been wanting to try coconut though.

Chamomilemaiden
May 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I voted for coconut oil. I´ve got it only few days ago but so far I really like it, it doesn´t seem to make my ends crunchy when using on dry hair. I wasn´t sure if I will like the smell but I love it :D

I also like to use cheap and not very pure calendula oil, however, I have to use it only on damp hair.

And castor oil in hair masks.

daydreamer
May 27th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I picked no oil -- my hair doesn't like it very much. It does like a little shea butter now and again though! It's really easy to overdo just about anything on my fine hair.

Saranne772
May 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
coconut is sure to win although i also use sweet almond

silverwoods
May 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I use shea oil or Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil.

CrowningGlory
May 29th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Sweet almond oil for night-time oiling and a blend of coconut:olive:almond in the ratio 2:1:1 for deep conditioning.

I tried olive oil first and had good results but then I tried sweet almond and loved it! My experiences with coconut and jojoba have been mixed. The coconut/olive/almond blend works well for me when added to boiling water and my favourite condish as a pre-wash treatment. But if I could only have one oil I'd choose sweet almond.

goldenwaves
May 29th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Hi I have no idea! I really want to start though so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread! Where can I get these oils from? Can I just use normal cooking olive oil? Thanks :)

Captain Nikki
January 8th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I was using sweet almond oil which was wonderful but i bought coconut oil the other day & i am in love with the smell!

mowo
January 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Jojoba, coconut and almond oils - these are my favorite ones. Sometimes i mix them, sometimes i use one of them :-)

burns_erin
January 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I prefer grapeseed oil and rosehip seed oil.

TheCatSaidQuack
January 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
i love how jojaba oil makes my haircolor last forever (or as long as its realistic). it used to fade within weeks before i discovered the stuff, and now, i can't imagine how i ever went without. the smell is nice, too.

~*Dulce*~
January 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
jojoba Oil
it makes my hair really shiny and super soft i just love it!! and my ends?!!??!!.... ohh woow!!! love it,love it!! haha:D:D

I was using Coconut oil b4...i didn't like it that much... especially during the winter..makes my hair look/feel so gross =\

melikai
January 8th, 2010, 10:15 PM
My favourite oil is Avocado, closely followed by Camellia. I found Olive Oil quite horrid.

emeraldfaery
January 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I've tried quite a few over the last few years and it seems like coconut is the best.

Sammich
January 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Coconut oil! :) I haven't tried any other oil but I'm planning on trying sweet almond oil. <3

csm--carla
January 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
If you have olive oil in the house....consider trialing it on your hair.

I am a henna'd red head with northern European genetic roots. Somehow, I thought that my hair wouldn't like olive oil--Mediterranean roots and all.

BUT my hair LOVES olive oil. I use about a teaspoon on my APL while wet and a bit more when dry if it appears frizzy in some places. AMAZING! My hair softens and stays soft for days instead of becoming crunchy at the second day the way it usually does. Just so pretty. I'm thrilled. :cheese::cheese:

Hope it works well for you!

Carla

ShadowSwallow
January 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
My favorite's olive oil since I'm allergic to practically every other oil out there. I can't use coconut, jojoba, any nut oils, avocado or mango oils... it's a huge drag when I'm out looking for lotions, I must say. :p

indigonight
January 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM
amla oil is what I swear by, only the pure stuff though not the dabur

violeteyes
January 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I like nut oils because they seem to be light enough for my hair :) I stay away from coconut and olive oil because they are so hard to wash out!

AmericanWoman
January 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
My favourite is coconut oil, but I also like Olive, especially as a pre-wash treatment. I'vew used jojoba, camellia and sweet almond oil also.

Tonks
January 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I voted for almond oil, because sweet almond oil is all I have. I used it one time so far since I'm new, and the next day, and even today, my hair is still super soft :)

Sammich
January 19th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Now I am a almond oil convert. Oh gosh, It's so much easier and faster to apply than my coconut oil.. makes my hair so softt...
but it does get my hair quite greasy because it's easy to overapply, woopsie! :D

enfys
January 19th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Jojoba to go on my hair; it's the only oil that works.

Olive oil to cook with, which I'm sure benefits my hair from the inside!

Delila
January 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm a fan of shea butter, my hair and skin seem to respond well to it.

I'm using the Fekkai shampoo and conditioner with it, and like the results.

windinherhair
January 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I have been happy with camilla oil.

karli
January 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Right now, avocado is my favourite for after wash oiling. I love camellia as well, but it is too light right now. If I don`t find the avocado I`ll reach for my jojoba. For heavy oiling pre-wash, I usually go for the Shea.

Coconut and olive is only used when cooking.

I can`t believe that I couldn`t use oils at all pre LHC - in spite of several tries to make them work!

Captain Nikki
January 22nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
I'd like to change my vote to sweet almond oil. Coconut oil has been making my hair crunchy lately. I'll keep adding it to my body lotion for hands & arms etc though because i LOVE the smell.

daisy
January 22nd, 2010, 03:38 AM
I voted jojoba.

I've only tried jojoba and coconut oil. Coconut oil makes my hair crunchy, very oily, and it is difficult to wash out. I'm probably putting it on too heavy or using it too often.

Jojoba is great for daily oiling of my fine hair. I got mine online at Hobacare. It was a decent price for a giant bottle that doesn't really go bad.

I don't use oil much lately. I find that it makes me need to wash more often. Maybe I should be using it. I've noticed my ends getting pretty ratty lately, and my hair is full of knots lately.

hmmm
January 22nd, 2010, 03:52 AM
I voted other oil, but I guess I wasn't paying attention, I should have voted mixed or coconut. I use coconut oil the most, but castor oil really changed the condition of my hair. I never use it alone though, always with coconut oil.

Peter
January 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Most of the time I do scalp massages to distribute sebum to my ends. I use coconut oil on my ends right after a trim or if they're feeling particularly dry.

FrannyG
January 22nd, 2010, 08:28 AM
I voted jojoba, because I use a drop or two every day and I adore it. However, I do love EVOO for occasional deep oiling, and I swear by coating my hair with coconut oil before I dye my roots.

Laylah
January 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
I love olive and coconut oils, but I chose olive because it has less smell, it's liquid, and it's fun to cook with.

Fiferstone
January 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Coconut oil for the win. Because of it my length is not fried, and is remaining soft and silky. Took a little bit of getting used to to know how much to use (yes virginia, a pea-sized amount is really all you need) and when to use (do not mix in your conditioner and then hope to rinse it out with plain water -- epic fail), but I love it. My brand did not really have a perceptible sent to me, so I decanted some into a small jar and added an EO that I like to give it a pretty scent. I saved the larger jar in the pantry just in case I did not like what it did for my hair, I'd have cooked with the leftovers :). I love it, cannot imagine not using it (or some version of oiling).

jmallen62691
January 22nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
I use coconut oil in the form of Dabur Vatika hair oil. I love it. The only other oil I've tried is olive oil. I like it to tame the frizzies when I have them, but not for any kind of deep treatment.

Sissy
January 22nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
I voted other oil as my favorite is Camellia Oil.

Floh
September 5th, 2016, 07:32 AM
My favorite at this time is almond oil.

lapushka
September 5th, 2016, 07:41 AM
J&J baby oil (aka light mineral oil).

TatsuOni
September 6th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Coconut oil.

Lullilt
September 7th, 2016, 07:43 PM
I chose a mix. I like both coconut oil, grapeseed oil, as well as Tresemme Keratin Oil, for all the good it'll do.

lucy.kate1994
September 12th, 2016, 10:53 PM
I really wish I could love coconut oil as much as everyone else! Macadamia oil is definitely my favourite so far but I can't wait to experiment with different types of oil - I honestly didn't know there were so many that would be beneficial to your hair!

maborosi
September 13th, 2016, 01:00 AM
My hair seems to prefer mineral oil, but for deep oilings, coconut oil blends are great. I like Hennasooq's cocoveda oil the best.

adrenaline
September 13th, 2016, 03:13 AM
My favorite oils are not listed ... that are cocoa butter, shea butter and babassu oil. Sometimes i use olive oil, i like that too!
somehow the most nut oils don't work for me, macadamia, hazelnut, etc... and also oils like apricot kernel and grape seed.

sommer
September 13th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I really wish I could love coconut oil as much as everyone else! Macadamia oil is definitely my favourite so far but I can't wait to experiment with different types of oil - I honestly didn't know there were so many that would be beneficial to your hair!

I've never heard of this one, thanks for the mentioning it, I need to try it now! :)
Personally I like the coconut oil but I can't use it very often, with this one my hair becomes very greasy time till time :D I prefer more the argan one, I didn't notice such effect with it, besides I like the professional shampoos with it like these ones http://machohairstyles.com/best-shampoo-for-men/, theyr were rather goof even for my very damaged hair :eek:
After checking this poll I definetely want to try the jojoba oil too! And the babassu one too! :D

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31tvBBKi6RL._SY355_.jpg

http://www.organik.ro/uploads/products/ulei_de_babassu_100ml.jpg

DweamGoiL
September 13th, 2016, 06:44 PM
For me hands down, Monoi Oil. I chose other because fractioned coconut oil does not behave quite like regular coconut oil.

Larki
September 13th, 2016, 07:21 PM
I've only tried jojoba, argan, coconut, olive and macadamia nut - my hair reacts exactly the same with all of them, they're all good for my hair. Haven't met an oil I didn't like yet. :)

animetor7
September 13th, 2016, 10:14 PM
I like coconut oil because it works well for my hair, it lasts a long time (One jar if carefully decanted to prevent spoiling can last several years in the refrigerator/freezer), is pretty cheap given how long I can use it.

Complexity
September 14th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Coconut oil, but only because it's the only one I have any experience with.

Garnetgem
September 14th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Olive oil as its the only one i tried on my hair results seem good...

meteor
September 14th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Hmm, difficult question. To be honest, I can make almost any oil work for my hair, especially by mixing and matching or by incorporating oils in my conditioners/masks, but I think I especially like coconut oil (especially infused, like Vatika or Ramtirth, for pre-wash treatments), mineral/baby oil (for post-wash "sealing" and "oil rinses") and neem oil (for random scalp issues that may happen).

AdaClare
September 14th, 2016, 06:50 PM
I love the smell of jojoba oil, and like it for everyday use. I do like coconut oil for when I want to do a deeper condition, too, though.

RavenRose
September 14th, 2016, 07:02 PM
I tend to shy away from coconut oil, I have a tendency to break out from it, so stick to the lighter, non comedogenic oils- mostly a mix of argon, jojoba, sweet almond., and occasional shea butter. these oils also tend to look less greasy on my fine hair.
https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html

XiaoBaiTu
September 14th, 2016, 08:39 PM
I'm not a huge fan of coconut oil, no matter how little I use it seems that it's just too much for my hair, and is difficult for me to wash out. I like argan oil, I can even use it without rinsing out if I apply sparingly to the ends.

My only problem with argan oil is the expense. I need to find a cheaper alternative.

animetor7
September 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I'm not a huge fan of coconut oil, no matter how little I use it seems that it's just too much for my hair, and is difficult for me to wash out. I like argan oil, I can even use it without rinsing out if I apply sparingly to the ends.

My only problem with argan oil is the expense. I need to find a cheaper alternative.

Have you tried almond oil? It might be cheaper and I've heard it's very light as well. Good luck!!!

yahirwaO.o
September 16th, 2016, 12:57 AM
Olive oil and baby oil are my winners! Others would be jojoba and argan oil, those work good for my fine hair but olive oil does seem to be absorbed by my hair!

Tahnee
September 17th, 2016, 07:59 AM
My hair loves Coconut Oil and Olive Oil (voted for Coconut). I also tried Almond Oil, but that's none of my favourites.

Belle Paix
September 17th, 2016, 08:14 AM
CHEESE!! Actually, shea butter, which I think is a base in Freya Salve, which is one of my favorite things. I'm not as good at oiling as I should be.

Begemot
December 27th, 2018, 10:19 AM
I haven't been using any oil in awhile. I'll apply some coconut oil rarely. When I used oils my favorite was either almond oil or avocado oil.

Margrit
December 27th, 2018, 11:26 AM
currently: Mixed oils, no favourites

LeyanaWhite
December 28th, 2018, 12:50 PM
I swear by almond oil, It's my absolute favorite

Danglish
December 29th, 2018, 12:58 AM
I voted jojoba, since it's the only one I can use every day. The only problem is that it doesn't work for deep conditioning(hair shines for only about a day, then it's back to normal) - it's like jojoba is only coating the hair, not working an a deeper way. Based on the responses here, I'll have to try EVOO and coconut

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:12 AM
I like to mix my own blends.