PDA

View Full Version : Colour Help!

Nutty
March 30th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I have had a my hair lighten (by a hairdressing friend) but not its too blonde! I was getting used to having darker hair -What can I do?

I usally have a few light and darks put in at the Hairdressers - When could I go and get a few darks put in! I really don't like it ant the moment!

Katze
March 30th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Are you asking how soon after one dye/bleach job you can have your hair dyed again? I always waited a couple of days, but of course waiting longer is better. Perhaps someone else has done this more recently and can give you a better idea.

With fine hair, bleach, dye, peroxide, all those things do damage it, though streaks are less damaging than full head dye. You could try asking your hairdresser not to 'double process' - to not dye the strands of hair twice - but in my experience, this never worked.

I see that you are new here. Most people here are trying to grow their hair very long, so we tend to be less positive about dyeing. While there are members who dye their hair, those who do long-term are very careful with doing so.

For me, I could not grow long hair when it was chemically treated. I have now chosen long hair over blonde hair, and am very happy with the results.

Nutty
March 30th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Hi, I am usally very carefully (now) I only have high/low lights put in my hair by the hairdresser, but for some reason I just said yes to having what I thought was a small bit of colour on. Its too blonde for me and wanted to know how soon can I go and get the blonde broken up with some dark put back in.

I have to colour my hair as I am starting to go very grey (which I don't like!) I'm too scared of hena!!

Do you think I should just wait for a couple of weeks before I go and get it re-dyed? It would only be a few sections on the top of my hair.

Is there anything I could use to fade the colour?

Thanks

Katze
March 30th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Hi, I am usally very carefully (now) I only have high/low lights put in my hair by the hairdresser, but for some reason I just said yes to having what I thought was a small bit of colour on. Its too blonde for me and wanted to know how soon can I go and get the blonde broken up with some dark put back in.

I have to colour my hair as I am starting to go very grey (which I don't like!) I'm too scared of hena!!

Do you think I should just wait for a couple of weeks before I go and get it re-dyed? It would only be a few sections on the top of my hair.

Is there anything I could use to fade the colour?

Thanks

In order to lighten your hair, you have to bleach it. So although the hairdresser may have said she was 'colouring' your hair, there was some lightening involved too.

Again, many people here at LHC question the idea of 'I have to color'. I am one of them, but I always wanted silver and LOVE the look of a glittery silver streak in my dark blonde hair.

Normal shampooing with sulfate shampoos will fade COLOR, but will not do anything to change the color of bleached hair. They are two different things. Your hair, from what it sounds, has been bleached (lightened) and then had a color applied to it. Using normal shampoos, rhassoul, honey, baking soda, vinegar, and many other things can sometimes fade hair dye, but they will not make the lightened hair darker.

I hope this makes sense. :)

The longer you can wait, and the more deep moisture treatments you can do, the more chance your hair has to rest. That said, there is always the risk that you won't like this dye job either, and will have to dye again, and again, and again...and, like many others here on LHC, my advice is if you want healthy hair, to stop dyeing, bleaching, highlighting, foiling, lowlighting, coloring, call it what you want.

Nutty
March 30th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Hi, Thank you for your advise. I know that if I really want hair in good condition I should stop but I just can't! not yet! However I have managed to give up straightening and drying everyday and that has improved the conition of my hair no end! (although I have probably ruined it now!) I think i will wait (if I can) for about 4 weeks ish and then go and see my own hairdresser and see if she can put the dark colour back in.