PDA

View Full Version : First trim in over 2 years

Shadow Walker
March 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I got about an inch to an inch and a half trimmed off, but not because I wanted to. After taking a shower Friday morning and getting the knots out of my hair from a gig the night before, I noticed that almost every end was split! I don't know how it happened, it literally looked like my ends exploded, and my only guess is that it must have happened from blow drying the other day when I was in a hurry to get out the door. I guess my ends couldn't take it, I needed a trim to begin with but up until this point I was content to S&D. It was starting to thin noticeably and I was hoping to hold off at least until the end of summer, but I didn't want the damage to get worse and end up having to take a ton off. The ends feel a lot better now and I'm happy with the trim even though it sucks having to lose a few months progress and being just short of waist length now.

Here's before the trim:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8453/0327091353.jpg

And after. It doesn't look even but it is, some of the ends are flipped from the way I was sitting when it was drying:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1204/0329091751.jpg

My barber does a great job and doesn't take off more than I ask for, and he complimented me on how healthy and well taken care of it is. One of the women working there said she was jealous of my hair and that it looks gorgeous, which is always nice to hear!

BlackfootHair
March 29th, 2009, 06:05 PM
At least you know the ends are healthy again. And it's good you have a barber you like. :) That's half the battle, right?

joyfulmom4
March 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
It really does look nice and I can barely tell you lost any length. Sorry to hear about the split ends. That has happened to me before. I had been doing S&D for splits and thought I had it pretty good. Hardly anything showing up on inspection. Then one day I tried a new shampoo bar and when I looked at my hair after it dried, the ends were just like you said, like they had exploded. I was really upset. I didn't actually go for a salon trim, but I aggressively searched out and trimmed every split I could find and did sortof a microtrim on the ends. I don't use those products anymore. They just don't seem to suit my hairtype. Be careful with that blow dryer. I have a tendency to over-dry mine too. It's so easy to do.

But in the end, your hair is still looking really nice and hardly anyone will even notice the loss of length. You do have really great hair.

justpuggy
March 29th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I am sorry about the split explosion, but I agree - the length still looks great!

spidermom
March 29th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I can't tell much loss in length either. Your hair looks fabulous.

Omens
March 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
That's strange that it just happened like that. I guess it could be from the blowdryer. Did you have it on a high setting when you used it?

Well, at least it's trimmed off. The difference in length isn't all that noticeable, and I'm sure it will grow back soon.

Your hair is lovely, by the way.

Forever_Sophie
March 29th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Your hair looks incredible, over 2 yrs w/o a trim? Despite what you said about the ends, they look so very healthy! (don't get me wrong, I believe you of course!) I'm just amazed at your "before" shot! :)

Yedda
March 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Looks great! I can hardly tell you trimmed off any length.:)

jojo
March 29th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Your hair looks amazing as usual and I see hardly any difference in length. I had to recently trim mine an inch too due to breeding splits, strange but my hairs done a spidermom and within a fortnight I seem to have grown the cut bits back. I think mine has just been breaking, when I thought it was stalling, its worth it and again your hair looks really beautiful.

brok3nwings
March 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM
i guess you did well with your trim because now you dont have splits AND it doesnt show difference to me. Your hair really is very beautiful

Melian
March 30th, 2009, 02:25 AM
I do not notice any major length taken off. Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

Arctic
March 30th, 2009, 02:58 AM
It looks great! I bet the ends also feels great after not trimming for so long, and it 's probably easier to comb now :) You have amazingly evenly growing hair, I must say!

zift
March 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Your hair's awesome:thud:

Pixna
March 30th, 2009, 07:03 AM
How great that you have a cooperative barber who really listens to you. Your hair still looks long and fabulous!!! Congrats on the compliment -- it was well deserved!!!

Juanita
March 30th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Your hair looks great. Usually barbers areally good at doing what you ask.

KajiKodomo
March 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
It looks great! The comments from your barber are really good, I'm glad that you have such a supportive barber that listens to you! :D

melrose1985
March 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
You have some fantastic hair! And yep i'm jealous of it! it looks great.

JamieLeigh
March 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Honestly, I can't tell a lot of difference in the length from those photos...you have a totally awesome barber! :D It looks wonderful!

enfys
March 31st, 2009, 12:41 PM
If it's the first trim in two years out of maybe 12" you've only lost 1"! And your hair looks great. The difference in length is tiny and compared to how great it must feel you definately did the right thing.

Robbi Dehlinger
March 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Gorgeous!

You got a cute butt too:) (Hope I am not being TOO fresh?)

LOL

feralnature
March 31st, 2009, 02:16 PM
You have hair that is awesome by this forum's standards. I can only imagine the attention and compliments you get in real life. Beautiful! Very attractive!

Oberon88
March 31st, 2009, 02:21 PM
It looks great! You barely can tell that you lost any length.

lora410
March 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Serious hair envy over here :D I love you hiar and always have!!

maskedrose
March 31st, 2009, 06:52 PM
It looks awesome, as usual! Your hemline has always been so thick and the trim just made it look better, if possible. Oh, and your tattoo looks great :D