PDA

View Full Version : Spring -is- in the air!

Kittee
April 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Since everyone else is doing it and at my hubbys bequest that I thin down my collection...

Here are some items that no longer work for me and my hair. All are lovenly used with care and all are in good shape. Most are just too small for my hair as it has gotten longer / thicker.

The leather slide is definitely for a type i hair or someone who wants to wear it just for a 1/2 up.

The handcrafted (by me) animal sticks are 6-7 inches long, and I think the mouse/rat one is longer. Surely for the "stout" of heart and hair types!

If you have any other questions please let me know. Prices are below and they INCLUDE shipping. (Unless you are overseas and no insurance unless you request then its 2.00 more. Just ask me if you live across the pond or whatnot we can work something out.)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/workbucket007/SpringHairsale.jpg

1. 5.00USD
2. SOLD
3.PENDING 10.00
4.PENDING 10.00
5. 5.00USD
6.10.00USD
7. PENDING 10.00
8. 5.00USD for all 3. or 2.00USD each.
9.6.00USD
10. 2.00USD

Remember to ask me if you have any questions or want additional detailed/solo photos of the item of interest.

I will accept checks, money orders and Paypal but please understand I cannot ship it until payment has cleared.

:blossom:

DotDotDot
April 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
How long is #5, the fakkare? (It is a fakkare, correct?)

Kittee
April 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
HI Dot,

Yes, it is a "Fakkare." The usable lenght looks to be 4' and the total lenght is 4.5'.

Kittee
April 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
#2 the mouse is sold. =)

PseudoScot
April 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
It looks like the sibling to my gerbil stick you made me! Your work is so cute!

Kittee
April 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
He was your gerbil stick until I realized he looked more like a mouse than a gerbil! LOL! :blossom:

PseudoScot
April 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
I wondered about that LOL!! It's very cute but I do love my gerbil!!! :D :D

Nynaeve
April 2nd, 2008, 09:47 PM
How long are 5 and 7? (the fakkarre and slide)

Garnett
April 3rd, 2008, 12:06 AM
How do the bows get used? I love bows.

Kittee
April 3rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
How long are 5 and 7? (the fakkarre and slide)
The usable lenght looks to be 4' and the total lenght is 4.5'.
On the Fakkare and the Slide I am not 100% sure. I will measure it for you when I get home today. :D

Kittee
April 3rd, 2008, 06:19 AM
How do the bows get used? I love bows.

They have the standard french clip/clasp on the back of them. :eek:

FoxFire
April 4th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Can you explain more about #6? Is it a slide? Thanks

Kittee
April 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Sure Fox.

#6 the Silver tone thing is a pony tail holder clip. Its pretty unique, at least to what I've seen! It just doesn't hold enough of my hair to be really useful, but its really pretty. It has a modified french clasp on the back of it. It's like curved to fit a ponytail inside.

Kittee
April 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
3-4-7

Pending! =)

Silver & Gold
April 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Some days my hair is a real rat's nest.

I like . . . he suits my sense of play and humor just about right.

I needed to shorten the stick just a wee bit. I decided that my electric pencil sharpener would just about do the trick. Squeeky got a bit nervous and asked me to watch out for his tail . . . but not to worry, I didn't even come close. Then I used a bit of sand paper to smooth the point. So, any advice on what kind of paint to use to cover the tip? This is my first hair-toy alteration . . . I need to be guided a long just a bit.

Oh, and by the way, you were right - he doesn't eat much. But he seems to have a real fondness for . . . :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=317&pictureid=8572

Kittee
April 12th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I am SO pleased you got him alright! =) *HUGS*

Yes it was a longish stick. I just used acrylics on the stick, so if you go to a craft store and match up some gray paint, you should be all set! Actionshots!!

Silver & Gold
April 12th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Excellent, thanks for the advice. I'm glad he was a bit on the long side rather than the other way around. You can always make it a bit shorter but much more difficult to add length.

PseudoScot
April 12th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Silver&Gold - you got the rat stick? I had Kittee make me a gerbil one awhile ago and they are very similar [and sooo cute!]. We're the only people in the world I bet with a rodent in our hair. I love mine! I was curious to see who got the one from this swap. Neat! :cheese:

TheHippieChick
April 12th, 2008, 09:02 PM
OMG! That is so cool!

Kittee
April 12th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Oh my gosh lol! He's PERFECT in your hair! Totally off the chart cute! I am so glad you got him!

*edited*

Btw you have no idea the joy in my heart that I have when I see someone wearing one of my sticks that I made. Truly wonderful.