PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite part of having long hair

Laurel32
March 29th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I guess you could say I need some inspiration growing my hair out. :p

JamieLeigh
March 29th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Gosh, I don't know how on earth I'd ever decide on ONE thing I love about having long hair!! :confused:

~The way it looks on me (and now it's long enough to cover up anatomical parts I'm unhappy with! :D)
~The way it feels brushing against my hands when I'm walking and it's loose
~The ease with which I can put it up and out of the way when I need to...and vice versa. Hair sticks rocK!! :cheese:
~The individuality I get from living in an area that is almost exclusively BSL or above
~Feeling like a princess from a fairytale! (and being described that way by my daughters, who are still young enough to believe in princesses...)

There are so so SO many more reasons.....but then there'd be no reason for anyone else to post. ;)

LHGypsyRose
March 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I agree with Jamie Leigh. Also for me, on one warm day a few weeks ago, I got to wear shorts..and for the first time I could feel my hair brushing the back of my thighs!! And that feeling is just impossible to convey to another.

It's definitely worth it..so don't give up. :)

spidermom
March 29th, 2009, 04:29 PM
The very best thing is that I've intended to grow my hair out very long all of my life, but I used to be so impulsive that I'd see a new cut and immediately have to run out and get it. I'm so proud of the way I've been able to push my impulses aside and allow my hair to grow long. It's an accomplishment. Plus it can be very relaxing to comb it out and enjoy the fragrant silky-softness. It's better than a cigarette break ever was (I'm a quitter).

rach
March 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM
portable scarf?

rach
March 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
love the feel of it round my arms

Forever_Sophie
March 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
~The princess thing JamieLeigh mentioned (I workshopped Princess Jasmine for Disney and it came in handy ;) )
~Makes me look younger, an asset for theatre work
~You can easily hide a bad hair day
~Added warmth in the winter (yrs back, I always felt the urge to get a chin length bob in Dec., don't ask)
~Just the feel of it against me, makes me feel very feminine
~The Bible says good things about long hair...

flowers-n-waves
March 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM
-i like it blowing in the wind
-the curls at the end...when my hair's short it doesn't curl..weird
-makes me feel like a princess hehe

RoseRedDead
March 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
The way feels. The brush of silky hair on bare skin. Heavenly.

jojo
March 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I love my hair when its wet, especially when I can feel it tickling my back, plus I love how heavy it feels like this too.

dulce-de-leche
March 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
The way some people look at you when your hair is down---jelous !!!

Roseate
March 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I love the styling options- I can easily go from soft and wavy to sleek and modern, girlish double braids to grown-up French twist.

I like shorter hair too, but my hair is not very cooperative at shorter lengths and usually just has one or two 'looks' per cut.

Aisha25
March 29th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I like them long for the jewelry,braids and flowers:p

Jessikinz
March 29th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Oh wow I have so many favorite things :)
+I can hide my length and people would never know how long my hair really is.
+I love the feeling of it ticking my back and my elbows.
+The way it curls after being bunned.
+The compliments on the rare days where I have my hair down. Good mood booster ;)

janeytilllie
March 31st, 2009, 06:41 AM
I love having long hair because

* I can do many different updos and wear it lose
* If my hair is greasy or dry as a bone I can cover it up by doing a pretty updo
* I love buying hair toys and shampoo bars :D

Phalaenopsis
March 31st, 2009, 06:44 AM
I love how it feels lying against my back. I loooove braiding my hair. I also like the toys you can use and positive haircomments are also always fun :)

But most of all, it's just feels 'me'.

Finoriel
March 31st, 2009, 07:43 AM
I guess it boils down on two main points for me:
-itīs amazing how versatile long hair is
-itīs very low maintenance

Braidmaid
March 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
I love the feel of it against my skin, the gentle breezes blowing through it, The versatility of trying different styles, I love braiding my hair, and the looks and compliments I get. I also feel that this is God's gift to me and I want to enjoy it to the fullest.

Heavenly Locks
March 31st, 2009, 07:56 AM
I love the fact that it makes me feel beautiful. It's something I can do for JUST myself :) I like being one of the 'few'...I like being rather unique.

It's not as long as I want it to be, but it will be!

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2009, 08:13 AM
My hair is currently short, but I'm growing it out again, and I remember my favorite things from when it was longer.

-The feel of it on my arms and back
-The ease of styling (I especially love braids, usually either a single one, or double braids)
-Not having to wet my hair down and load it up with product to get it to stay down
-The versatility of it (wear it down, in a bun, half-up, in a braid, in a ponytail, etc. etc.)

Heidi_234
March 31st, 2009, 10:54 AM
I think the best part for me, and the reason I grow it long is the fact that it doesn't poofs up anymore, even when brushed. The hairs get to be pulled down under their own weight and I couldn't ask for more.
I adore the feel of it flowing over my arms, and at the small of my back. I feel empowered by it, I feel unique (even though there are aweful lot of girls with hair longer than mine where I live, but even the intention itself to grow it out I think it's unique), I feel so good when it's down, it gives me confidence, I feel like a queen. :D
How said a good thing should come in little packages? hehe

Dreams_in_Pink
March 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM
I love long hair, simply because i can style it ^^ When i had waist length hair, i used to try different size rollers every day, to get a new look for the next day... With short hair, you're restricted to blow-dried straight.

Spike
March 31st, 2009, 11:54 AM
The styling options, the sensuality, the TOYS.

With my hair short short, I spike it up and add glitter, and get a few compliments. Takes at least half an hour, and fervent prayer that half doesn't collapse before the evening's done. The I have to wash all the goop out before bed.

With my hair long, I toss it in a french braid, stick a hairstick or some flowers in it and run. Takes ten minutes--half of that choosing a hairstick or buying a flower. Stays up all evening, no sweat. When the event's done, I go home, brush it out, fall into bed.

enfys
March 31st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Feeling a bit Rennaisance (it's the grown up version of princess)
The tickly feel on your back
Just stroking it
Feeling like you are looking after yourself when you take care of it. It's involved and natural
Everyone thinks it must be loads of effort to make it look that good. Nope, I just brushed it.

Arctic_Mama
March 31st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Well I am nowhere near my goal length, but my favorite things about growing longer are the versatility and the looks!

I can do SO much more with longer hair, and it is unusual to boot. But I was blessed with thick, wavy/curly hair that is much more suited to long than short, and embracing it makes my life a lot easier in the appearance department.

And I'll be honest, I love having something special and pretty about me, that not everyone has. Growing up my mom and hairdresser used to always ooh and aaah over my hair and I didn't realize that there was something to it. My hair has always been my best feature and I took that for granted for a lot of years. Well now I want that back and it's never too late to start again! I love the compliments and admiring looks from strangers, it makes my day.

Yes, I am a bit shallow in this regard :lol:

ratgirldjh
March 31st, 2009, 12:41 PM
ok - i like the princess thing very much
but - it is starting to get warmer here and this is the first year my hair has been this long in a long time - and it feels weird against my back when i'm wearing scooped neck shirts! but i can always put it up...
what is bothering me though - is now it goes down the drain when i wash my hair in the sink! guess i need to get one of those screen things... i was wondering why the ends were all weird and i think that going down the drain is part of the reason - LOL ;)

Pierre
March 31st, 2009, 03:53 PM
In the middle. :silly: When it was short it was on the side.

I like the softness of my hair on my face, back, and arms. I like to sniff it. I have fun with hairtoys and braids.

Chanterelle
March 31st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Getting compliments :)
Oh, and that it looks good with minimum efforts.

Carolyn
March 31st, 2009, 05:04 PM
There are so many things I love about long hair. I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it. I love the way it looks and feels. I love all the ways I can style it. It's never boring. It makes me feel pretty and feminine. It's fun to care for. It's different and I like being a little different from the mainstream masses. It's a joy and a comfort.

Cinnamon Hair
March 31st, 2009, 07:07 PM
My favorite part is knowing it's there and just how long it is.

InTheCity
March 31st, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'll echo everyone else - the way it feels against bare skin.

My hair is the longest its been in my entire life and the feel of it brushing up against my back, getting caught places, having to actual pay attention to it - is amazing. It's also looking really great - length and healthwise. (Thanks LHC!)

Nyghtingale
March 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
It's my super hero cape! :cool:

AutumnSky
March 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM
I love to feel the weight and swing of it when I move.
It feels sensual and feminine...romantic, and a little exotic.
I can do more with it...up, down, girly, mature...rope braids, buns, ponytails..you name it!
It just feels right to me.
And oh yeah....ATTENTION. I love making people stare. ;-p

kimi
March 31st, 2009, 11:58 PM
Ah, I can't say anything everyone else hasn't already covered! Just - don't give up! You'll never regret growing it as long as you can, and the rewards are so very very great. Look forward to the day when you too will feel your hair's silkiness on your skin, and you'll rejoice in the toys, the fun, the individuality that your hair will bring you. Good luck!

lorig713
April 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
It is my one special thing. :D