PDA

View Full Version : Hair type me, please :)

Bianca
March 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi :p

Hair type me please. I'm leaving it alone from now on, embracing my wavy hair :cheese:

You can also see my natural color at the roots. Can't wait till the dyed damaged hair is gone :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=35280

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=35277

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=35278

Katze
March 29th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I'd say 2b. Pretty waves!

Are you another ashy, tawny haired person growing out bleach? From your roots it looks like it...I can say that is was the best decision I ever made for my hair, and that I actually really like my natural hair color. Seeing it grow out on its own, not in contrast with bleach or dye as 'roots', makes all the difference. You CAN do it, though you might want to trim eventually.

good luck!

Bianca
March 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I'd say 2b. Pretty waves!

Are you another ashy, tawny haired person growing out bleach? From your roots it looks like it...I can say that is was the best decision I ever made for my hair, and that I actually really like my natural hair color. Seeing it grow out on its own, not in contrast with bleach or dye as 'roots', makes all the difference. You CAN do it, though you might want to trim eventually.

good luck!

Thank you Katze :p

Yes, medium ash blonde. Up against the bleached hair it looks kinda dull, very grayish. But I hope I get it all natural, I am pretty tempted to just slap on some dye and get rid of the two toned look... :)

Honey39
March 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
It's pretty curly. I'd say 2c. Lovely hair!

viking_quest
March 29th, 2009, 03:44 PM
If the pictures were a little less blurry I would say 2b/2c if I could see some spirals, but it looks like 2b to me.

JamieLeigh
March 29th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I'd also vote 2b/ii. Most of the 2c's I've seen are a wee bit curlier, but as it gets longer, you might end up a curlier 2c. Length changes sorting, often dramatically lol. :)

spidermom
March 29th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I vote 2C, mostly waves with a few spirals.

RoseRedDead
March 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I say 2C; yours is more spirally than mine, but only by a tich.

Bianca
March 29th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Thank you all so much :flower:

I'm going to change it to 2C right away. I thought I was a 2A. But that was just a guess really. It's only resently that I have started to leave it alone. It does get frizzy, but nothing a little gel cant fix :p

danacc
March 29th, 2009, 11:40 PM
You definitely have a tighter wave than 2a.

I can't quite make out if you have some spiral curls going on among the waves near the bottom. If so, I agree with 2c. If not, then 2b.

Heavenly Locks
March 29th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I'd go with 2b/2c :) Great hair!

Bianca
March 29th, 2009, 11:49 PM
You definitely have a tighter wave than 2a.

I can't quite make out if you have some spiral curls going on among the waves near the bottom. If so, I agree with 2c. If not, then 2b.

I have to take some better pictures I guess :) I do have quite a lot of spirals, but they are a little difficult to see on these pictures... Stupid crappy camera phone :rolleyes:

Bianca
March 29th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I'd go with 2b/2c :) Great hair!

Thank you :blossom:

Katze
March 30th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Thank you Katze :p

Yes, medium ash blonde. Up against the bleached hair it looks kinda dull, very grayish. But I hope I get it all natural, I am pretty tempted to just slap on some dye and get rid of the two toned look... :)

Mine looked greyish too, but I found out I have gold highlights! :D

The problem with dye is that it also will fade, making the two-toned look last even longer. I dyed mine darker and within two months it was orange-and-ash again, lovely. But I stuck it out and eventually the dyed hairs shed more, making the demarcation line less visible. That last dye job was in 2006, and I still have orange ends, but it looks much better after a lot of trimming.

Personally I think ash blonde looks lovely and generally suits peoples' complexion better than yellow-gold-orange dyed hair, if that is their natural color. I always wanted lighter hair, but the yellow/warm tones never suited me, and I was always bleaching lighter to get the orange out. Now that I have my own ashy color, I don't find it dull at all!

Amoretti
March 30th, 2009, 03:54 AM
2b/c I'd say.

Bianca
March 30th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Mine looked greyish too, but I found out I have gold highlights! :D

The problem with dye is that it also will fade, making the two-toned look last even longer. I dyed mine darker and within two months it was orange-and-ash again, lovely. But I stuck it out and eventually the dyed hairs shed more, making the demarcation line less visible. That last dye job was in 2006, and I still have orange ends, but it looks much better after a lot of trimming.

Personally I think ash blonde looks lovely and generally suits peoples' complexion better than yellow-gold-orange dyed hair, if that is their natural color. I always wanted lighter hair, but the yellow/warm tones never suited me, and I was always bleaching lighter to get the orange out. Now that I have my own ashy color, I don't find it dull at all!

Golden highlights, that sounds lovely... I hope I get that too :)

I agree, I dont care much for the yellow blonde either. Back when I colored and bleached it, trying to achieve that light ash blonde, it never ended up like I wanted it too, so I finally decided to give up and go natural. Tired of the upkeep, and curious about how I'd look with all natural hair. Also looking forward to seeing how my hair will respond to the sun... :p

KajiKodomo
March 30th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Another vote for 2C. Your hair is lovely by the way! :D

Bianca
March 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Another vote for 2C. Your hair is lovely by the way! :D

Thank you :flower: