PDA

View Full Version : Aloe vera makes my hair to fall!!!

purush
March 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I used aloevera from the plant at my home today by putting it over hair for 2 hours and when i combed evening 20-30 hairs fell. i dont know what type of aloe plant it is .it remained at my home for more than 2 yrs and i put it .

Is the type of the plant causing the hair fall or aloe is causing it???

Noctifer
March 29th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Might not be the aloe vera at al that made the hair lost.
The average daily hairlost is about 50-100 strain, so if it was the first combe thrue for the day it might just be what you normaily loose on a day

Aisha25
March 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Did you just do aloe alone on the scalp?? Maybe cause it was sticky:shrug:

Susana
March 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I use Jason 84% Aloe Vera Shampoo, http://www.jason-natural.com/products/everyday_hair_care.php , although I have never used aloe alone on my hair. I'll do some more research and come back.

Susana
March 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Ok, I put Aloe make hair fall out in Google engine bar and found the opposite. Apparently, it's good for preventing hair loss. So I am guessing not.

purush
March 31st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Did you just do aloe alone on the scalp?? Maybe cause it was sticky:shrug:
hello aisha ya yes i used only aloe for my hair from plant itself and also it was sticky itching my hair scalp after wash .....
if that is the reason please tell how shall i use it

Anje
March 31st, 2009, 08:13 AM
Well, aloe gel definitely makes my hair tangle more, which could also make more come out. I haven't tried it directly from the plant (though I should -- I just repotted babies and I have tons of them!) because it smells funny and seems likely to be stickier.

Aisha25
March 31st, 2009, 08:17 AM
hello aisha ya yes i used only aloe for my hair from plant itself and also it was sticky itching my hair scalp after wash .....
if that is the reason please tell how shall i use itYou have to mix with something to make more smoother appliation like adding alittle of the aloe to milk or conditioner or herb paste ok?? Dont use too much aloe cause that can make it too sticky and cause hair fall

ktani
March 31st, 2009, 08:27 AM
I did find this, for aloe gel, Date, 2007.
"Adverse reactions from topical application have been described after dermabrasion and chemical peel. .... Herbalists are currently split on whether aloe helps hemorrhoids heal or makes them worse." (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=526743&postcount=205)

I also posted this from the same source, on ingestion during pregnancy and more. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=526743&postcount=205)

beatrixn
March 31st, 2009, 10:20 AM
I don't know about the difference between pure aloe and store bought aloe gel, but are you sure you don't have an allergy to it? I just ask because of the itching you experienced. And if you did a lot of rubbing it into your head, that can dislodge hairs that were ready to shed anyway.

I don't use aloe because it's high in salicylates (same stuff that's in salicylic acid) which irritate the crap out of my scalp and causes shedding. But that might not be your problem - I just have weird chemical sensitivities.