PDA

View Full Version : Forum glitches

eresh
April 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
The last few days I keep getting "The server at forums.longhaircommunity.com is taking too long to respond."
messeges when I want to open the forum and when it does it shows the site without any backgrounds.

See screenshot:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9662/scrshtlhcaa1.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scrshtlhcaa1.jpg)

I don't have this problem with other sites

We're not going to crash again are we? uhoh *worried*

MemSahib
April 2nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Hmmmm... I've been having big trouble getting in and assumed it was my computer, but maybe not. Often when I click on the link in my favorites, part of the front LHC page comes up then locks. Ctrl + Alt + Delete. End Task in Task Manager, then try again. It takes multiples of times to get in sometimes. Is it just my computer or is there another problem?

capelli lunghi
April 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
I've seen it like that a couple times.. It is like the style sheet is what is holding it up.. weird..

eadwine
April 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
It's been down a little while ago, but it's been up and running fine for me since.

Wonder what is going on..

aisling
April 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
I had another weird glitch earlier today. I couldn't for example paste a link into a post because neither ctrl+v or the right click worked, the arrow keys didn't work either, this happened on two different computers. I first thought it was something with my Scandinavian keyboard, but now it works like normal again.

eresh
April 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Clearing cookies etc also doesn't help

Xanthippe
April 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
I had another weird glitch earlier today. I couldn't for example paste a link into a post because neither ctrl+v or the right click worked, the arrow keys didn't work either, this happened on two different computers. I first thought it was something with my Scandinavian keyboard, but now it works like normal again.

That sounds like a browser or PC glitch, not a forum glitch. Could you do anything on other websites when that happened? Could you paste into a document offline on your computers?

yogachic
April 2nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
I have also had pages come up that say something about data, and an email was sent to the technical staff of the site. I just got one 2 minutes ago and the other day, for several hours. I was worried the site was going to crash again too. :(

aisling
April 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
That sounds like a browser or PC glitch, not a forum glitch. Could you do anything on other websites when that happened? Could you paste into a document offline on your computers?

Other sites and program had no problem as far I was able to tell, I didn't have the opportunity to try another browser though, it might be Firefox as I used that on both computers. It was a bit weird as it happened on two different computers during the day.

eadwine
April 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Bump.

Eresh is still suffering from not well working LHC.

eresh
April 5th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I got in now!
But for hours I got the same error as in the first post.
This has been going on all week.
Doesn't matter which browser I use of if javascript is turned on or off.
I only have this glitch with LHC, other sites work fine.
What can it be? :shrug:

MusingFrog
April 6th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I've been having the same problem to for the last week or so. I'll go to load the page and I'll get an error that says the server has stopped responding. This is the first time I've been able to get in today after trying for several hours. It is a bit frustrating. And this is the only website this occurs at too.

Flaxen
April 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
We have our top people working on this ;) , but right now there's no clear answer why it's happening to some and not at all to others.

eresh
April 6th, 2008, 04:37 PM

Today it works fine, yay!