PDA

View Full Version : Multi Textured Hair ?

rach
March 29th, 2009, 03:20 AM
i was just wondering is it just me or does anyone else have multi textured hair.
top half my hair is silky and slippy and very well behaved, the bottom half is very thick and wirey in texture which makes up the mass of my thickness in my hair , also very easy to mold into shape.
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/hair3.jpg
you might be able to see the difference on this photo.
does anyone else here have this type of hair?

CrystalStar
March 29th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I have the exact same thing! It means I can never wear half up do's! :p

Top half looks nice but underneath it's all bushy :p

rach
March 29th, 2009, 04:14 AM
yep, same problems. mass coconut oil or braiding it for waves , but it's hard work to get it looking reasonable.
it's nice to see i'm not alone :)

rymorg2
March 29th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I'm a stylist....it's totally normal to have several textures of hair on one head like that. I have it too btw. sigh.....

Arctic
March 29th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I have too fine strands and much coarser, wirier strands. They are distributed everywhere more than in certain place(s) on me.

spidermom
March 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
My hair is fine, medium, and coarse. It is also straight, wavy, and curly.

ravenreed
March 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have too fine strands and much coarser, wirier strands. They are distributed everywhere more than in certain place(s) on me.

Me too! I posted a thread about this very thing once. I can find a very coarse, thread like hair, and not long after, one so fine I can barely see it. Since I am the only long hair, in burgundy no less, in the house, they are all coming from me, but they certainly seem like they belong to two separate people. But when I look at my hair, I cannot pick one area or another where they congregate together...

Helen Baq
March 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I have baby fine hair on top and an underneath layer that's more medium. Neither one likes to curl, though, but they're different colors.

Rohele
March 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I've got coarse, medium and the occasional fine strands, but they are evenly distributed over my head. I'm also very curly/wavy on top, and fairly straight underneath.

Arctic
March 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I've got coarse, medium and the occasional fine strands, but they are evenly distributed over my head. I'm also very curly/wavy on top, and fairly straight underneath.

Oh yes, I forgot to say I also am more wavy (2b) from the underside of my hair and the canopy is straighter, about 1c/2a.

spidermom
March 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
My varying textures and types seem to be pretty evenly distributed over my head also, although I've got several areas where there are enough curly hairs clumped together to form spirals.

1nuitblanche
March 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hey--that sounds like my hair too. The bottom is generally wiry and unruly while the top is finer and smooth.

Katze
March 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
definitely, and I started a thread about it too:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20900

This is one of my hardest issues in hair care, but is getting better as the M parts are now finally growing!

rhubarbarin
March 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I have three different hair types on my head:

Most of my hair is 2b-2c, depending on the products I use and how long it's been since it's been wet, and a light sandy brown color that can get very honey blonde, depending on how much sun exposure I get. Strands are medium texture.

At the center of the nape of my neck, I have a patch of fine, blonde, silky, 2a hair. I LOVE this hair! If only all my hair was like this! It tangles a great deal, though.

At the left and right of this patch, is darker ashy-brown, coarse textured, curly 3a/b hair, more on the left side than the right.

rach
March 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
yeay i'm normal - i try to tell myself :p

GlassEyes
March 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Yep, though mine is mostly from damage. My hair is mostly F/M, with fine on the underside and in the top, and moer medium throughout. There's some coarseness on the ends from dye damage though, and then the oddities that henna gives me.

Brat
March 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Mine is very coarse, thicker, and curly on top, but very slick and straight underneath. The underneath will not curl, but it will tend to get at least a wave when scrunched.

BranwenWolf
March 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Yup, mine's wiry closer to my neck and then on top I have super slippery glossy strands that look nice all the time. The multiple types also take color completely differently, which drove me bonkers. And some let the color (I didn't use permanent) fade out faster.

You can see some of the glossy strands in this pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Mighty_Mule/honeyhair001.jpg

wonderlywroughte
March 29th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Yep, my under-layers are very straight with medium hairs. Most of the other hair on my head is coarse and curly, with the hair around my face being a mixture of fine/medium and straight/wavy. It's a strange party on my head! :o

karli
March 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I took a picture of a piece of my underlayer and put it in my album. Without oil, it looks weird

RocketDog
March 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
All of my hair is finefinefine, but I do have different curl/wave patterns all over my head. The hair at my nape is kind of kinky/frizzy, the hair at the back of my head and at my temples forms beautiful spirals, and my canopy is more wavy than curly. I usually pin the 'fringe' back when it's down, to expose the spirals underneath. Once I gain some length I expect the curls to relax into waves so that my hair will look more uniform, but until then the pinning works!

Tressie
March 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I have "variety hair" too! I am trying to learn to love it! Might as well! (o: