PDA

View Full Version : The Most Beautiful Braiding I Have Seen!

CaliRose
March 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I am sure some of you have seen this website before. And maybe the owner of the site is even part of the LHC site! But I was so excited to find this page, I just had to share...

I stumbled across this hair braiding website, and I am so impressed! These braids are gorgeous- real works of art. I would love, love, love to have a braid done by this woman. My favorites are the yin-yang, nautilus, and two-into-one braids under the "Standard Braids" link.

(I apologize if this link has already been posted!)

http://www.melissasbraids.com/braidphotos.html

Heavenly Locks
March 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM
:thud:

I usually don't much care for styles with braided in ribbons...but those, those are just amazing! I love them!

It may have been posted before, but I've never seen the link. Thank you!

RancheroTheBee
March 29th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Mary and Joseph, those look painfully difficult to make. How do you even do that? They're amazing. It's like embroidery for hair.

AprilElf
March 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I haven't seen that before. Thanks for posting!
You are right, they are stunning! :thud: I love her use of the thin ribbons and tiny flowers.

I didn't know there were apprenticehips in braiding and that you can become a master braider. Awesome. :D

manderly
March 29th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Wow! I am not a huge fan of braids either, but I think the Two into One's are fabulous!

kwaniesiam
March 29th, 2009, 01:41 AM
:thudpile: Thanks for the link :D

ilovelonghair
March 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I like those braids! But pity there are no instructions. I wonder how you'd start with the ribbons, because whenever I try something like that it just slips out of my hair. And I think she used really long pieces of ribbon, which get tangled for me when I try!

Teazel
March 29th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Wow. I actually had seen that site before, but hadn't saved the link. Amazing! I'd love to know her technique for keeping the ribbons on top of the hair strands. :bigeyes:

Gothic Lolita
March 29th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I'm a fan of complicate looking braid, but I never was a fan of the ribbons. It looks cool, but on me, I'd prefer something without them.

Finoriel
March 29th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Wow thatīs interesting, thanks for sharing. Usually I donīt care much for ribbons, but the braids would also look nice without them, there are some neat ideas I havenīt seen before. Iīm tempted to do the yin-yang one on my hair now, but I know my scalp would hate me for that :justy: and most likely my buns would gulp the dutchbraided parts anyways. Itīs really pretty though.

rach
March 29th, 2009, 03:05 AM
wow - pretty thanks for sharing

Arctic
March 29th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen that site before :) Some of the styles are too decorated for my liking but I must say some of the ribbon styles do look beautiful, colour combinations and all :)

viking_quest
March 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I've never seen that website before, thanks for sharing. Those braids look amazing, but too much ribbon.

SweetPea88
March 29th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Wow, I haven't seen that site before! It's really amazing what people can do with just hair and some ribbons!

PurpleAshes
March 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Wow, those braids are really beautiful!

AnneAdeline
March 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Wow. :thud:
I love the look of ribbons in braids, though I agree that some of them are a little over-the-top.

Noctifer
March 29th, 2009, 01:27 PM
That is some beautiful braids, but my arms would go crazy on me before i would mange to pull a braid like that of

patience
March 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for sharing. A little bit too much ribbon for me but still gorgeous!

Radulfr
March 29th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks for sharing the link. I love the ribbon in the braids.
Very beautiful styles! :)

kimi
March 29th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Ah, beautiful, thanks! My arms get tired and my eyes cross just thinking of trying to create hair works of art like those.

JamieLeigh
March 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Wow, those are some beautiful braids! I'm with Teazel, I'd love to know how to keep the ribbon on the outside of the braid...mine always twists under and around, lol. Thanks for sharing, that's a definite "SAVE". :D

WritingPrincess
March 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
When you go to the website home and click on the link for instructions, you get the Dreamweaver braiding site. I'll betcha they're the same woman, and we all know how good she is at braiding!

ilovelonghair
March 30th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I think the ribbons are good for people who don't have very thick hair (like me) so that the braids look fatter, but for people with really thick hair it might become bulky. Some of the pictures had too much ribbon in them, but most I liked, especially when it was combined with the tiny flowers. Wonder how those stay in!

BlackfootHair
March 30th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Those are some very awesome designs. I can tell a lot of hard work goes into those!

Melian
March 30th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Those braids are gorgeous! I love the nautilus design, but am also wondering how to keep the ribbon tidily on top of the braid! If you are doing it yourself it will be a very complicated task.

Arctic
March 30th, 2009, 02:49 AM
I think the ribbons are good for people who don't have very thick hair (like me) so that the braids look fatter, but for people with really thick hair it might become bulky. Some of the pictures had too much ribbon in them, but most I liked, especially when it was combined with the tiny flowers. Wonder how those stay in!

I think the tiny flowers are decorated hair pins, either bobby pin type or more likely small U shaped hair pins like these, but smaller. You could make easily your own!

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/LingonberryMist/20080829004_sm.jpg

metal_sugar
March 30th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I am officially impressed.

Juanita
March 30th, 2009, 07:33 AM
They are very nice. I think you would need someone to do them on you to keep the ribbons on top.

KajiKodomo
March 30th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Beautiful work! :D

pointydog
March 30th, 2009, 10:08 AM
That's amazing. The two-into-one is a braid I use often, I can do it by myself easily. I'd love to be able to do the nine-strand one, that looks really nice, especially with no ribbons.

When you braid your own, it's very hard to hold the hair backwards, reaching around your head and still pay any attention to the ribbon. For that you need a second person.

The ribbon could also be held aside and put through with a blunt needle every few bumps. That would be about the only way I think I could do it by myself and keep the ribbon on top.

Coriander
March 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
:thud:

Wow. That's about all I can say. I can barely do a "regular" braid lol

Thanks so much for sharing this link - her art is beautiful.

Áine
March 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I am so impressed by those ribbon braid designs... I may have to finally try it out myself!

Woven Darkness
March 30th, 2009, 06:44 PM
My hair is finally long enough to braid....
these braids are amazing and inspiring!

cynthia.md
April 25th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Gorgeous! Thanks for the link!

Ryanne
April 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I don't care much for ribbons, but those braids look amazing.

RavennaNight
April 25th, 2009, 05:51 AM
:thud: That truly does look painfully difficult! But gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Michiru
April 25th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Oh my gosh I love those. I wonder how long they would stay in because I would have to pay someone else to do it for me.

Kiraela
April 25th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Beautiful! Thanks for the link! I love the nine-strand braids, too.

milemma
April 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM
this is great !

Aang
April 27th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks for sharing this! I have a friend who does actually do ribbon braids, so I may try and convince her to do some of these!

wild_horses
April 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
WOW!! Those are some beautiful braids. I love doing braids in my hair. I don't know if I would do the ribbon myself, but I know my little nice would look adorable in some of those!

Jessica Trapp
April 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM
:agape:WOW! Those are gorgeous!

drquartz1970
April 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Wow ! Awesome looking amazingly complicated braids. Won't be seen dead wearing them in public though (I'm a guy) but do sure look good on the heads of the girls. :poot:

ButterCup02
April 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Gorgeous thanks for sharing!! What a talent!

Redheaded Raven
April 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM
WOW they are stunning! :thud:

charlotte meve
April 27th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I'm obsessed with braids! And those are just amazing!! Thanks for sharing that link.

winter_star
April 28th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Wow stunning braids! If I try anything other than a simple 3 strand braid, my hair turns into a big knot/birds nest on my head.

Periwinkle
April 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Those are truly stunning.