PDA

View Full Version : Hair emergency!

Electric Sky
March 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
First off, I toss and turn in my sleep, a lot. Actually, I still sleep in the same bed with my mom because I have epilepsy and its dangerous to sleep alone with it, and sometimes I keep her awake because I move so much. And this makes my hair tangle to the point where I'll have to get up, soak it in conditioner, and spend about 30 minutes gently combing it out, and still, quite a bit of it breaks. I have no idea what to do. When I wake up my hair is just one, huge knot. I've tried sleeping with a shower cap on, but it just comes out. I've tried ponytails and they just come out. I've even been using those tiny little elastics that break my hair, and those only help to salvage the tiny amount of hair that stays in them. I can't keep doing this to my hair. What do I do?

atlantaz3
March 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Sleep cap or buff? I think the buff might stay on better.

may1em
March 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Braid, or if you can, a bun on top of the head held either with a scrunchy (put hair through scrunchy, twist into bun holding scrunchy away, wrap scrunchy around bun so it crosses the top at least once), or little claw clips.

jivete
March 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Braid and make sure you have a satin pillow case.

SimplyLonghair
March 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Or try braiding a silk scarf in the hair. Get a long scarf and place over the top of head and either braid the one side in a side braid on each side or take the two ends and braid into one braid of hair at back. The material will help protect the hair.