PDA

View Full Version : Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time Sale!

Peggy E.
April 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
With all the great sales going on here at the moment, I'm rather surprised at this wonderful response! Thank you, everyone!

** SOLD **

Flexi-8 Aztec Clip - 04/02/08
Shooting Star Clip - 04/02/08
Lyrical Silver Pick - 04-02-08
Judy Stick - 04-02-08
Copper & Brass Pick - 04-02-08
Russian Lacquered Barrette - 04-02-08
Tulip Clip - 04-02-08

All Above Shipped 4/05/08

Horn Leaf Slide - Sold, Shipped 4/14/08

You've done it, I know. And apparently lots of people on eBay do it - as there's a profusion of "no refunds for buyer remorse!" warnings in big letters, underscored, in the sellers' instructions.

Peggy E.
April 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Continuing from the First Part.....

All Sold - Thanks, Everyone!

Wavelength
April 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Peggy E., I just wanted to say that even though I rarely buy anything from your collections (generally due to lack of funds), I LOVE reading your sale threads! They're very well-written and entertaining, not to mention persuasive. You missed your calling, you should've gone into marketing/writing ad copy and made a killing! :D

Kittee
April 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
PEggy Rocks =)

AmandaPanda
April 2nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Peggy E., I just wanted to say that even though I rarely buy anything from your collections (generally due to lack of funds), I LOVE reading your sale threads! They're very well-written and entertaining, not to mention persuasive. You missed your calling, you should've gone into marketing/writing ad copy and made a killing! :D

I totally agree...the wording is just hilarious at times :applause

seabear
April 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Gosh, I really like that tulip clip..... PM on the way.

naomimcc
April 2nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
pm'ing you...

Peggy E.
April 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Glad you enjoy reading these oddities of mine! I'm not sure I could ever really sell something if I depended on it for a living - the desperation would probably seep through:

"Buy this! Buy This!! BUY THIS!!!! OR ELSE!!!!!"

Might be a bit off-putting! ;o)

TheHippieChick
April 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Peggy! I Want The Laquered Barrette!!!!!! Pming You!

TheHippieChick
April 2nd, 2008, 04:25 PM
That weapon is spectacular! Boy could I use that! Let me know if you do want to sell it!

Tabitha
April 2nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Copper and brass, with beaded embellishments (which are removable, if you prefer a more stark appearance), this hand-crafted piece is 5"long and 1" wide across the top. A lovely decoration which is also good and strong. $6

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/CopperBronzePick.jpg

PMing you re this! I should have asked, if the beads are removable, are they fixed fairly sturdily so I won't inadvertently dislodge them when trying to fix my hair, cackhanded as I am?

TheHippieChick
April 2nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah! The barette is mine!

Nynaeve
April 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
This hand-crafted bone leaf slide is from France and was purchased here on LHC. Wish I could recall from whom, as there were links to the company that crafts them, which relates the high quality from the strength of the bone, to the fine carving - a true work of art.

This is a gorgeous, hefty, substantial piece - differing from so many available now, which are wonderful in their own right, but lacking in “staying power,” I guess you’d say. You will not be breaking this slide and the stick is lovely enough to use on its own.

The bone shimmers, the depth revealed by the careful hand-work, finished smooth and to a mirror shine. An heirloom piece. The slide itself is 4-3/4” wide, 2-1/4” tall, while the stick is 4-3/4” long and is a perfect match to the slide. Yours for $21

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/FrenchHand-carvedBoneLeafSlide.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so beautiful. It looks so sturdy. I don't think I want to know what you paid for it. :P

PMing you to ask you questions about it!

wendyg
April 3rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
The horn slide: Peggy got it from me. It is indeed a beautiful piece, and I had it for about 6-8 months and wore it some. I can only use a slide if it fits over a bun, and after a while it stopped fitting.

The original site it came from is www.atelier-licorne.com, a French site that sells a number of not-cheap-but beautifully-made horn items. I still have one of their combs, which I bought at the same time. As Peggy will attest, there is no comparison between the quality of this place's work and the Vietnamese horn items that go very cheaply here and on eBay.

wg

Peggy E.
April 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
The horn slide: Peggy got it from me. It is indeed a beautiful piece, and I had it for about 6-8 months and wore it some. I can only use a slide if it fits over a bun, and after a while it stopped fitting.

The original site it came from is www.atelier-licorne.com, a French site that sells a number of not-cheap-but beautifully-made horn items. I still have one of their combs, which I bought at the same time. As Peggy will attest, there is no comparison between the quality of this place's work and the Vietnamese horn items that go very cheaply here and on eBay.

wg

Thank you so much for adding this to the thread. I was hoping you might, as you knew much more about the horn slide than did I.

It's gorgeous and I love looking at it, but I just never seem to use it for the styles I wear. Probably should keep the slide and just change the styles, right?! ;o)

TheHippieChick
April 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Peggy...your siggy makes me hungry...makes me imagine me in a Holly Hobby dress walking down a dirt road when I was a kid watching the little puffs of dust by my feet as I skipped along! Thanks for the memory! Your a Gem!

wendyg
April 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Yes, Peggy, you should change the styles and keep the slide! One of the items you swapped for it is the Tasmanian blackwood 60th Street fork that I promised to offer back to you if I ever wanted to sell it.

As it happens, it really is just too long for me, so...want it back? :)

wg

Silver & Gold
April 9th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Peggy, I just wanted you to know that your unloved toys have found a happy home in my hair. Thanks for sharing the love!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/veeless/flexi.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/veeless/Photo15.jpg

Peggy E.
April 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Peggy, I just wanted you to know that your unloved toys have found a happy home in my hair. Thanks for sharing the love!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/veeless/flexi.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/veeless/Photo15.jpg

Wow! Those look infinitely better on you than they ever did on me! It's so nice to see them shown off in the manner for which they were designed - gracing a gorgeous head of hair.

So glad you like them and they really do look stunning. Thanks for sharing the pics!

TheHippieChick
April 10th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I am wearring my barrette Peggy! I just love it! thank you so much! And that mean little clip? It looks awesome in my ponytail! Thank you again! I will post pics as soon as my boy is home from school-he's my picture taker :D

Peggy E.
April 10th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I am wearring my barrette Peggy! I just love it! thank you so much! And that mean little clip? It looks awesome in my ponytail! Thank you again! I will post pics as soon as my boy is home from school-he's my picture taker :D

You mean you can wear the killer barrette without dire circumstances?! Great! So glad your goodies arrived and you like them. I'll be shopping for another Russian barrette before too much longer, no doubt.... ;o)