PDA

View Full Version : Cinnabun?

stardustbreeze
March 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I'm confused on what consitutes a cinnabun. For a long time, my hair has been worn n a ponytail, which is then twisted and wrapped around to make a ballet-type bun and secured with a elastic. Is this a cinnabun?

JamieLeigh
March 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Exactly. Twisted and laid into a circular bun. It's called that because it looks like a cinnamon bun. :)
Here's one of mine using sticks. Sorry about the frizziness. LOL:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2615&pictureid=32686

stardustbreeze
March 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ahh, thanks for the clarification!

s_tresses
March 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
i have a massive craving for a cinnamon bun right now lol just wanted to share that!

Anje
March 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM
The distinction is because you can also coil a ponytail and make a bun where each wrap goes under (closer to the head) than the one before it, so the bun sticks out rather than making a flat spiral against the head. That's a bee butt bun.

stardustbreeze
March 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that there's a difference. With my hair, it always wants to be in a bee-butt bun in that case (that's all it ever does).

Wavelength
March 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
The distinction is because you can also coil a ponytail and make a bun where each wrap goes under (closer to the head) than the one before it, so the bun sticks out rather than making a flat spiral against the head. That's a bee butt bun.

Right. Simply coiling the hair from a ponytail will result in a bee butt bun. (At least, it does on me.) If you want a cinnabun, you would press each coil flat to the head and guide it to lie outside the last coil, then secure. Not with an elastic though, as that would probably cause the coils to slide under each other again. Using hairsticks or pins works better to secure a cinnabun as you want the coils to lie flat on the head.

Hope that makes sense!

JamieLeigh
April 6th, 2009, 09:47 AM
My cinnabuns tend to turn into bee-butt before the day is out. :p

RedStripe
April 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Ah, thanks for this distinction. I've seen references to bee-butt bun and I was wondering what that is. :)