PDA

View Full Version : Advice for "we with the thin hair"

lynnala
March 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I'm sure this was on the old site, but now I can ask: PLEASE give advice on how to thicken VTH (VERY thin hair). My full gathered hair is about the size of a nickel! (and that may be a generous assessment) I think each strand is probably in the 'nearly transparent' category. I've been taking really good care of my hair since I joined the board, and it is looking great, but still so thin! Is there any way to bulk it up?

BlndeInDisguise
March 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Some of the things I've heard.

MTG (Mane-Tail-Groom) www.shapleys.com. There's also a human form of it. It does contain sulfur, so if you're allergic to sulfur, you might want to stay away from it. It also has mineral oil, which there is some controversy over, from what I've heard.

Castor Oil--I've been putting it on my thinnish hairline, but I haven't done it enough to say for sure whether it helps or not.

Monistat. Never tried it myself (Not sure what my mom would say if I got it, especially when she found out it was for my HAIR! :D) but a lot of people say it's great.

Kirin
March 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Oh yes, F/1b here. I feel your pain. My hair hardly has enough substance to hold a ponytail holder or scrunchie. I can give a few ideas how to thicken it up, that tend to work for me, but may not work for everyone.

Clean hair is thicker hair. If i went a day without a wash, we're talking utter transparent. I may as well be bald. Many do not like to wash to often for damage reasons but i find, washed hair is present hair!

Silicone is thy enemy! Eghads silicone of any kind (check ALL your products) will make the hair "smooth" and lie "flat". Thin hair needs this like it needs to be sheered like a sheep!. Check shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, and leave ins. Avoid it, at least IMHO at all costs.

I use henna, it bulks up my hair......... but not everyone wants red hair. Instead try a cassia treatment. Cassia like henna from what i understand bonds to the keratin in the hair shaft, and will make it feel thicker. (and look that way too), its also a great conditioner.

Moisture is a double edged sword, be careful in using TOO much conditioner. Condition the length not the scalp or head.. and use only what you need, rinse well. Too much can make hair almost too soft, and flat, making it look and feel thinner. However, a good leave in conditioner (again silicone free) can add volume and thick feel to the hair.

Let your hair dry up in a towel for a bit longer than usual, and dont comb out until its nearly dry, or all dry. Fingercomb only, to get a straight part, then "tousle" your hair while damp, to give it "fluff".

During the day as my hair seems thin and flat, i "mist" with a mister with water and a few drops of vegetable glycerine, while my head is upside down and scrunch/fluff to give volume and body.

None of these things will actually make you have *more* hair, but it will help make the most of what you've got.

NightingaleLHC
March 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the advice, Kirin. I also find that my hair looks a lot better freshly washed because then it is fluffier. Henna is great, but I think next time I will try the cassia. I don't think henna looks too great with my skin tone. Hopefully it will have the same thickening effect.

Kirin
March 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
From what i understand, cassia works in very much the same way, without the color. Also I use amla with henna, amla in a treatment is supposed to give body and wave to hair (it does to mine, so at least for me it works). You could look into both of those. Amla however might give your heir some beigy tones.

Unnamed
March 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Not sure I can help too much...other than, if you've got a nickel's worth, :cool: as mine's right about a dime, apparently (I would have guessed nickel, too), and, yep, superfine!

There's henna that might thicken, not sure if cassia does or not. I think it does a little? I've not tried either.

Very, very temporary, but I found, er, Elyce's?? HALO mix or a similar variant (I think I used citric acid instead of the lemon/vinegar, and I don't think I used any oil) really made things feel and seem thicker. I even measured (because I just didn't know what to do with it...felt so...weird, and I was having trouble putting it up lol) and I got 3.5" pony circ. :eek: Given I was hitting right at about 2.25", that's a HUGE difference--literally 2 x the volume, at least. It went away rather quickly (day or so, I think?), as it's just from the honey/aloe/etc. I don't know what the recipe was, though, specifically, and it's been a while since I had tried it.

I do want to ditto the suggestion of not using conditioner toward the scalp, if your hair's okay with that. Dilute your shampoo if you're worried about the lack of conditioner being drying. I haven't used conditioner above my shoulders for many, many years (except for treatments from time to time, which I always shampoo out), but I also have an oily scalp, so there's no worry of anything drying out.

I don't know how long your hair is or how straight/wavy/curly, but if you're on the straighter side waves/curls (braid waves/bun waves/sock curls/etc.) seem to add the appearance of thickness.

ETA: Wanted to add that I don't do anything on a regular basis....I've more or less accepted that it's just gonna be the way it is. :oops:

FrannyG
March 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I also have very fine hair without much in the way of volume. Honestly, I have just learned to love my hair the way it is.

I agree about silicones. They really flatten out my hair. I do suggest cassia, because it does add a bit of volume to your hair, as well as giving really good conditioning benefits. It does need to be done every month or so, but you only need to leave it on for an hour, so it's not a huge commitment.

There are many beautiful heads of hair here at LHC with lower volume, and in my case my hair is perfectly straight, so it appears even thinner.

All I can tell you is that every hair type is beautiful, and I hope you learn to love your hair just the way it is the way I finally have with mine. :flower:

TessieAnn
March 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I also have very fine hair without much in the way of volume. Honestly, I have just learned to love my hair the way it is . . .

All I can tell you is that every hair type is beautiful, and I hope you learn to love your hair just the way it is the way I finally have with mine. :flower:

Yes, yes, yes!

It's important to start with acceptance of the traits we can't do much about changing. We are who we are.

Yes, try the different tricks to create volume. Most of them essentially make more space between the individual strands so overall the hair looks fuller. I'm an advocate of doing the best we can then forgetting about it.

About condish on the scalp if I don't use it all throughout my hair it's much harder to detangle and I get more shed in the shower. Can't afford to lose any more strands than I have to. As always, each of us is different.

The 1fis among us are actually pretty lucky that right now the trend is away from big hair. The 1980s would have been a nightmare, trying to make my tresses "big." Fortunately, I just didn't much care what anyone else thought.

We all need to find our own accommodations

Melisande
March 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I have fine hair, too, and try to give more volume to my hair on a daily basis.

I use Jessie's hair oil (base oil: jojoba, essential oils: cedar, grapefruit, lemon, rosemary, patchouly, juniper, lavender, sage, geranium, clary sage, thyme, and bay) every third night in a bottle with a tiny tip and massage well. This has helped my hair to grow and has reduced shedding noticeably.

I use very little conditioner, only on my ends, and dilute shampoo. A citric acid rinse helps, too.

After washing, I use dabur vatika oil which gives strength to my hair, and I also use cassia every couple of weeks.

While my hair dries, I keep it in little claw clips, clipped with lifted roots to add volume and fluffiness. Sometimes I sleep with little buns, not twisted too hard, and then I wake up with fluffier, wavy hair that looks good in an updo.

I keep my hair up most of the time to keep it healthy and strong. I damp bun it a lot, I feel my mixture of rose water, aloe vera and jojoba oil (only a tiny bit of oil!) helps to strengthen my hair, too.

But I have to say that for the first time in my life, since joining TLHC I made inner peace with my hair. I used to heap styling products on my head, I don't do that any more. I find my fine hair reflects the light nicely, and I can make updos earlier, with less length, than the thick-haired friends.

Sock buns add illusionary volume, so do braided buns with silk scarves woven into the braid. Beautiful hair toys adorn hair and show it's valued and loved.

I found that investing in good hair care, the way you do and I learned to do, too, is really the best solution. Healthy, natural hair that is loved by its owner has its own rewards and beauty.

lynnala
March 9th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I like the little claw clip idea! I've at times made a little braid on my lovely cowlick (read: almost bald spot) to give it lift when it dries, never thought of those little clips! And I haven't figured out a wash routine that works great for me, I've been doing the CWC, but I'm going to experiment with shampoo only (on the scalp) and then a dab of shea butter to smooth it down when dry. That's the other problem, no conditioner=frizzy 'finger-in-the-electric-socket' hair, while with conditioner=flat hair. Can't find just the right combo! Plus, I've let it get very straggly on the ends, I think a nice trim will give it more body.

tiny_teesha
March 9th, 2008, 04:28 AM
shea butter applied to i think dry hair plumps it up and acts as a volumising moose. I have not found that to be true for me, but i use shea butter with added oils and fragrance. Worth a try ( it is good for your hair too!)
oh and misting really helps fluff out my thin ends, the wave makes it look like there is more hair because it isnt lying flat. that's just what i found.

kate46
March 9th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I use cassia and also bun waves to add a little volume but what I find works best for me is a little aloe vera gel applied mainly to my roots after washing my hair, it isn't a huge difference but it does help a little.

Juanita
March 9th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I've just learnd to live with it now. Age diabetes etc have caused it to thin over time.I would love it to be how it was in my twenties but that isn't going to happen. Love it as it cheers
is.

Cheers
Juanita

Hella
March 9th, 2008, 05:58 AM
My thin hair was a big part of the decision to stop using conditioner regularly. I found I didn't really need the moisture that much, because my fine hair just doesn't drink it up like like curly hair for example does. Instead of improving my hair to the direction I wanted, using conditioner in every wash seemed to just make my hair limp and uncontrollable. I use conditioner occassionally, but I really don't think that at least my hair type needs as much moisture from conditioners to have to soak it in them regularly.

I gave up conditioner and replaced it with diluted shampoo and concentrating the conditioning to different leave-in type of conditioners. I agree with previous posters about 'cones necessarily not being the best option if you have thin and fine hair, because as too big amounts of conditioner, they can easily weigh your hair down by making it stick-straight and very light. Instead I try to give my hair conditioning with damp bunning with oils and cone-free leave-ins, to help the moisture stay in the hair.

If I want volume to my hair after a day or two since washing, I tend to dampen my hair with coldish water (some use misters, I just scrunch the ends and length with water by my hands), add a few drops of oil that I gently massage onto my hair, and then bun my hair on top of my head for bun waves. Damp bunning on the whole is what I find to give my hair the best look of thicker hair - no product itself has yet even come close.

Katze
March 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Washing more definitely helps.

Wearing it down as much as I can - or into a messy (more volume!) updo gives the illusion of more hair, and balances out my big head.

I have to disagree on 'cones - they help my ends hang together better so that they look thicker, though I use them fully maybe 2x a month. Same with hair gel - but I am a wavy, thin, finehair, so I can get away with using waves to make my hair look bigger. My length needs the moisture, at least once a day (misting, damp oiling) but my scalp hair gets weighed down too easily.

Friday I washed my hair, then towel- and partially-blowdryed it (mostly blowdrying scalp and EARS, as it's cold/wet here), put some coconut oil mixed with hair gel, then put it up (still damp) for a massage from my friend and neighbor. After the massage i looked in her mirror, and had HUGE crazy hair. The rest of Fri and Sat I wore it in a messy half twisted thing, held with a ficcare, two mini-max ficcares holding the wisps and curly neck hairs I have. Then a headband holding the bangs, front wispies, layers, etc in place.

The result was a really BIG 'do that I got compliments on, and which honestly looked like I had a kind of hair rat or bun filler thing poofing out the volume of my overall hair - but I didn't, I just had some extra help from the hair gel and drying damp. This made me feel like I have found an updo that doesn't directly call attention to my thin, fine hair, but makes me look good.

Now on day 2 after washing my hair still has more volume than normal, and thanks to misting before putting it up, the ends look good enough to wear it down.

it's definitely hard to feel so self conscious about one's thin or perceived-thin hair when we are bombarded with images of huge, dried-out, teased-out hair, but remember that our hair can also be healthy, beautiful, and long!

Katze

girlcat36
March 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I found that putting my hair in a ponytail and using a BBB on just the scalp has encouraged a lot of new growth. I have fine thin curly hair and wearing it half-up makes it look thicker.

Neoma
March 9th, 2008, 09:20 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have very fine hair without much in the way of volume. Honestly, I have just learned to love my hair the way it is.

I agree about silicones. They really flatten out my hair. I do suggest cassia, because it does add a bit of volume to your hair, as well as giving really good conditioning benefits. It does need to be done every month or so, but you only need to leave it on for an hour, so it's not a huge commitment.

There are many beautiful heads of hair here at LHC with lower volume, and in my case my hair is perfectly straight, so it appears even thinner.

All I can tell you is that every hair type is beautiful, and I hope you learn to love your hair just the way it is the way I finally have with mine.Franny, you have one of the prettiest heads of hair on this board. One of the nicest things about your hair type is the shine. Fine, straight hair, when well cared for, is super shiny. Playing up what you have is definitely the way to go.

A mixture of amla and cassia, applied once a month, makes my hair feel a little bulked up. The cassia is also very drying, IMHO, so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep up with this. I may switch to straight amla, which is very conditioning, and does bulk up the hair a bit, though I don't think that the results are as lasting as cassia.

One thing that makes my baby fine hair feel "fatter" is shampoo bars. For a little info on what a shampoo bar is, how it works, and what it does for my hair, you can check out this thread (http://http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74).

KAADEC
March 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I also have fine hair (1aFi/ii). What helps for me, are the NIOXIN products. They have shampoo (CLEANSER), conditioner (SKALP THERAPY) and a VOLUME THICKENER (gel). They also have a leave-in, which protects hair against UVA and UVB. I use it in the summer.
Perhaps these products can help you too. I feel a great difference in thickness with them.
Success !:)

Anje
March 13th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hey, a nickel's thickness isn't bad! I've seen many do well with less, though I long for a pony the size of a $0.50 piece.

Henna definitely makes my hair seem thicker for a while. Problem is, you have to keep applying it to the length for that result, which means it'll get continually darker.

kwaniesiam
March 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
How lucky to have a nickles worth! My hair is 1b/f/i, about an inch and a half pony circumference (smaller than a dime). I now have dreadlocks and that has helped disguise how thin my hair is, but before what worked for me were french braids and braid waves from braiding overnight. Also things like sock buns, scrunchies, and ribbons over ponytails helped hide it as well.

lynnala
March 13th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Since I started this thread I've stopped conditioning, and it does help. Also my hair stays a tiny bit less oily for one extra day. I've also started a brushing routine to stimulate my scalp.

Neon Gloss
March 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I found that putting my hair in a ponytail and using a BBB on just the scalp has encouraged a lot of new growth. I have fine thin curly hair and wearing it half-up makes it look thicker.

Yes, this is when curly hair's good side comes into play. I notice whenever I straighten my hair and put it in a ponytail, it looks VERY thin, but when it's curly, the ponytail looks fuller.

So you girls with type 1 hair, maybe try using really small curlers to create an illusion of some sort? =) Also, sleep with your hair over your head when it's still damp, and then put it up the next morning. It works miracles for creating volume, no lies...

Delila
March 13th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Things that have helped me:

Not blowing my hair dry
Growing my hair to all one length
Conditioning only my length, not the scalp

I don't brush, just comb, and that only when my hair is DRY. If my hair is wet, I either finger comb, or just leave it alone.

alys
March 13th, 2008, 03:34 PM
what about fine hair that also happens to be frizzy/puffy?!?! It's the bane of my hair existence I swear! My hair is very thin, diameter of a nickel (nice analogy BTW) is about right. BUT- it's so freakin puffy that I want it to lie down :) I cant do the tousseling or flippig, because I create frizz.

I can say I would be much happier with fine, straight hair, rather than fine, puffy, wavy, 'mushroom' hair...maybe my hair is curly and I just need to give up on straight and encourage the curl...interesting now I must go and ponder this

squiggyflop
March 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
my hair used to be really really thin when i was like 15 years old. (nickle).. i think it may have been my diet... i was eating alot less protein.. now that protein takes up the majority of my diet my hair is thicker and my hair is less fine... i had baby fine hair... also i think henna has helped to thicken my hair as i went up about a quarter inch in circumference from my clean hair before henna to my clean hair after henna... im not sure how the henna did it but it was like i suddenly had thicker hair... i read on a henna site that henna increases the shaft diameter of each hair but who knows..

Velvettt
March 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
My hair is also very fine. Every day I go through the "I can feel it but I can't find it" routine, trying to get the hair that has shed and is stuck to my arm or leg and tickling me. Sometimes I have to resort to a damp tissue wiped across the skin to find the hair.

Everything suggested here is worth trying if you really want to. I wish I had thick hair and I admire thick hair so much, but I'm never going to have it. What I do have is shine, shine, and more shine. My ponytail is 1 1/2 inches. When I read about people whose ponies are 3, 4 or even 5 inches, I sigh with envy.

Thickest appearance of my hair is freshly washed and air dried. BS and ACV gives me the fluffiest hair, but I can't do it more than once or twice a month.

My advice to you is something that sounds simple but isn't. Enjoy your hair as it is. Yes, my hair is limp, thin and flat. But it's gloriously shiny and soft. I celebrate that.

Juanita
March 15th, 2008, 08:58 AM
My skinny hair, but this was taken nearly a year ago but not much more now.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/peachymango2002/hair002.jpg
Cheers
Juanita

Juanita
March 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
This was taken circa 1975/76
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/peachymango2002/hair.jpg
Juanita

Babyfine
March 15th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Juanita, I think your hair looks lovely! it's very similar in color and thickness to mine but mines shorter now(a bit below shoulders)My hair was below BSL but I cut back to shoulders this summer to get rid of highlighting damage.

I agree with what so many have said: for me-I'm very fine with a still sometimes oily scalp but wavy, color treated hair.
CWC every other day with Nioxin system 3( for fine chemically treated hair)
I had to go back to every other day shampooing- as others said -it looks better and thicker freshly washed and I was having scalp problems with CO.
Oil just from the ears down with jojoba oil the night before shampooing.
Like to either wear my hair loose in a half up or in two or three claw clips(as Girlcat36 suggested) or a french twist or bun. No braids or ponytails for me outside the house- (although I do wear braids to bed to get waves and volume the next day)
I don't like braids and ponys on me in public, though- too skinny looking for my taste. Buns and twists look better, though I'm still experimenting to get the right poof in front for volume(I have no fringe or layers anymore.)
No conditioner touches my scalp anymore except some Nioxin scalp therapy and maybe some essential oils before shampooing.
Sometimes I blow dry upside down in the winter but only rarely- I don't want blow dryer damage. Most times I arrange little claw clips around to give lift.
I do use a bit of clear gel or Giovanni mousse for volume, The Giovanni Air Turbo charged mousse is good.
I use heavier conditioners from the ears down only as my hair is color treated.
My routine is still and ever evolving.........................

Babyfine
March 15th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Oh and I bought a good BBB from Morrocco Method and I've started gently
brushing my hair and scalp mostly.
I also wonder if some of my thin problems came from never brushing my hair for over 20 years. I started perming in the 80's and never brushed after that- only finger combed or used a pick. But I wonder if scalp massage wouldn't do the same for very curly or fragile hair? I can never remember to massage like I can to brush. The brush from Morrocco is very gentle and made for super fragile or curly hair. I've only been using it for a little while so I can't tell if it helps yet.

Robinlyn
March 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM
My hair is very fine as well. I am almost at apl. I co every other day. I don't condition my scalp much though. I wear french twists a lot, I'm still learning other updo's. One thing I like is when I take my twist out at the end of the day I have a nice wave that makes my hair look thicker.

Neoma
March 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
My advice to you is something that sounds simple but isn't. Enjoy your hair as it is. Yes, my hair is limp, thin and flat. But it's gloriously shiny and soft. I celebrate that.I second this suggestion, Velvettt. My mother used to say that my hair just "hangs there and does nothing." What would you like it to do, Mother?:rolleyes: Now, I appreciate my hair. I may not have as much of it as many other people, and it may not have super body that "does" something (though I'm not sure what), but it sure as heck is super shiny and it looks fabulous in an updo.

And speaking of updos, my updos always look extremely neat and well defined, because of my hair's texture.:D

girlcat36
March 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I second this suggestion, Velvettt. My mother used to say that my hair just "hangs there and does nothing." What would you like it to do, Mother?:rolleyes:

Neoma, that is funny!! :D

Neoma
March 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Neoma, that is funny!! :D
Thank you, girlcat.:)

lynnala
March 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
what about fine hair that also happens to be frizzy/puffy?!?! It's the bane of my hair existence I swear! My hair is very thin, diameter of a nickel (nice analogy BTW) is about right. BUT- it's so freakin puffy that I want it to lie down :) I cant do the tousseling or flippig, because I create frizz. My hair is exactly like that too. Have you tried using a tiny bit of shea butter on your palms to smooth down your hair? Can't use too much because our thin hair gets weighed down easily. Also, I just started using a BBB made for babies to smooth down my hair, and it really works well!

Alva
March 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I have fine hair too, and I am happy with it, I have a lot of strands but the circumference is under three inches. I sometimes braid it just to get some more body, because its almost straight. I braid it before the night and then next day its quite fluffy :) Else I am not sure if theres a lot to do. I did however experience the fact that sometimes my hair feels like its without volume, but when i take a picture it shows its not that thin and flat at all, it only often just feel that way because its so light weight.

Juanita
March 16th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I use a BBB, but we also have a very harsh climate.. I like some coconut oil in the dry season which is starting to come soon. Still a bit into the wet season. Because of my age I don't have an oil problem. I usually only wash about once every 2 weeks unless sweaty then sometimes I just rinse with cool waterto remove sweat.
Cheers
Juanita

Alva you have nice hair.

RuLueashk
July 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
My advice for the thin-haired? Flaunt it!! OP Lynnala, I checked out your profile and you and your hair are absolutely beautiful as is!

Except for the slightly annoying "lovely cowlick" area (I'm going to use that, Lynnala)!, I am happy with my thin hair and would not want to trade it for thick. Certainly I prefer that my scalp not show through (although I've noticed I don't look down on women-- or men-- who DO have scalp showing). Clean hair = thickest look for me & usually I can camouflage the lovely cowlick area pretty well if it's clean. If it's a bad (thin) cowlick day, I put my hair in a high bun & then that area just isn't visible.

Some things I particularly like about my thin/fine hair:
--"The Big Reveal" : the circumference of my bun belies the length of my hair. When I let my hair down to show my sister recently (she hadn't seen it in awhile), her reaction was "What? ...What? ...What?!" as my hair uncoiled and kept getting longer & longer before her eyes. It was great fun.
--My skinny braids. I grew up wearing my hair in braids frequently, and it never occurred to me that thicker braids were somehow superior to mine. And they aren't-- just different, & just as beautiful in their own way.
--Updos are easier to do at shorter lengths, with thin hair.
--It dries so fast!
--It doesn't weigh very much, which is helpful when you're headache-prone.
--Less thickness = less heat on my neck. This is inordinately important to me these days. Heh.

girlcat36
July 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM
My advice for the thin-haired? Flaunt it!! OP Lynnala, I checked out your profile and you and your hair are absolutely beautiful as is!

Except for the slightly annoying "lovely cowlick" area (I'm going to use that, Lynnala)!, I am happy with my thin hair and would not want to trade it for thick. Certainly I prefer that my scalp not show through (although I've noticed I don't look down on women-- or men-- who DO have scalp showing). Clean hair = thickest look for me & usually I can camouflage the lovely cowlick area pretty well if it's clean. If it's a bad (thin) cowlick day, I put my hair in a high bun & then that area just isn't visible.

Some things I particularly like about my thin/fine hair:
--"The Big Reveal" : the circumference of my bun belies the length of my hair. When I let my hair down to show my sister recently (she hadn't seen it in awhile), her reaction was "What? ...What? ...What?!" as my hair uncoiled and kept getting longer & longer before her eyes. It was great fun.
--My skinny braids. I grew up wearing my hair in braids frequently, and it never occurred to me that thicker braids were somehow superior to mine. And they aren't-- just different, & just as beautiful in their own way.
--Updos are easier to do at shorter lengths, with thin hair.
--It dries so fast!
--It doesn't weigh very much, which is helpful when you're headache-prone.
--Less thickness = less heat on my neck. This is inordinately important to me these days. Heh.

That was a great post! You are correct on all counts there. Thanks for the reminders of what is GOOD about thin hair----drying time, less product......
I will try to remind myself of these things when I am lamenting my thin hair!