PDA

View Full Version : How to protect/treat my hair at day spa?

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Okay, I'm new at this and I'm maybe overly concerned about chlorine these days... but here we go. :o

Next week I'm going to day spa with my friend. I'm going to get massage, a facial and then we're having lunch. After lunch most of the time will be spent in the pool, just doing nothing, really. The time I don't spend in the pool will be spent in the sauna.

My question is first, what should I do to protect my hair from the chlorine in the pool? Secondly, what can I do to treat it in the sauna that is acceptable in a public area? Henna is out of the question, even if I gladly would henna there so I would'nt have to care about the mess it causes. ;) :D

I've been thinking about just putting coconut oil in it and "do" my hair in a slick, little ponytail (or two) that will be acceptable even while lunching. What do you think about that? I don't oil THAT often, but I've done a couple of heavy oilings the evening before washday and my hair has been okay with that. I thought that the oil could do good both as protection and treatment. How does that sound to you?

Do you have better ideas? I would really want to use the sauna time!

plainjanegirl
March 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I would recommend oil or conditioner and either one of those could be used in the pool or sauna. Heck you could even add some oil to conditioner. Let us know how it goes. And enjoy - sounds like a relaxing day.

marajade
March 26th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I've heard. . correct me if I am wrong. . .that pool filter systems get messed up by oil and conditioner. Could you put conditioner/oil on it and wrap it in saran wrap and one of those swimming caps? Just a thought? It may make the treatment work better anyway? Maybe someone will jump in to confirm or deny. . .

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Marajade - Good point!
Plainjanegirl - So, either one is fine? Hmm... the choises, the choises.