PDA

View Full Version : Hat Hair Styles

tiny_teesha
March 26th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I need to wear a hat at work....I know some of you know me as the creative hair styler....but let me show you my hair diversity:
Low nape pony tail with caterpillar ties through to the ends.
Slightly higher pony tail caterpillar
That's it...
haha. I did wear a bun once, but it didn't look very good with the cap. but it might have been the bun i chose?

So what types of styles are good and protective nad NOT loose, for me to wear to work? I need to have all my hair restrained, and have the hat still fitting on my head. It closes with velcro, so if i make the hat looser to fit an updo it will velcro adn pull out my hair (it's happened) and if i just squeeze it on i'll get a forhead mark when i take it off not to mention the headache.

Plait/braids are ok, but i really don't like them as they show taper too much.

And the hat is a baseball style cap.

Thank you in advance!

bouton99
March 26th, 2009, 07:02 AM
You're right, buns are somewhat impossible, at least I don't know of any that would fit well enough AND look good.

What do you think about a french/dutch braid or updo?

Kebbster
March 26th, 2009, 07:32 AM
what about just double braids? its cute, especially with a baseball cap.

Or you could do that thing where you don't pull your hair all the way through on the last twist of the elastic making a pony tail (you know, a folded pony), but do it on both sides. If you move your part to the side it doesnt look as childlike.

By doing doubles, the taper shouldnt show as much.

You could do a bun that fits through the hole in the back of the hat, but that takes some precision.

Or you could make a few small buns running along the nape, that way they wont be too bulky and shouldnt get in the way of the hat.

Kebbster
March 26th, 2009, 07:35 AM
You could also from a low pony, twist all the hair and then fold it back up, then clip it. I like this hairstyle, looks good and is simple. You could also fold a braid to hide the taper.

JamieLeigh
March 26th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Wow. Now here's a thread that I'm completely useless on, as there is NO way I can fit my hair up under a cap, and mostly what I do is wear a single long braid out the back opening. But I'm going to post on it anyway, just because I can. :p

I do like the French braid idea, though. And double braids would be so cute on you, coming out of a cap!! :D

Finoriel
March 26th, 2009, 08:42 AM
How big is the hole on the back side of the cap? If it´s normal sized and not one of the tiny ones you can make a ponytail (braided or not), put it through the hole of the cap and then bun your hair over that. For me all buns which can be secured with one stick work fine.
That would be Chinese bun, nautilus, double looped knot, infinity, pinless braid, lazy wrap, orchid bun, saphir knot, equilibrium bun, gibralta bun, etc. as long as I can insert the stick horizontally almost every bun works. That´s plenty of variations if you do them either with a loose ponitail or a braided bun (english, rope, box, fishtail, etc.)
I need to take the bun down before I´m able to remove the cap though, it´s just overlapping to much.

kdaniels8811
March 26th, 2009, 10:02 AM
French twist with a flexi-8 holding up the top. I have to wear a hard hat at work and this keeps my hair out of the way, a bun will not fit underneath it.

tiny_teesha
March 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I should also mention the hat is only to be worn in the store, so i can't exactly do my hair when i get there...as i'm supposed to be 10 minutes early and they would probably look at me funnier then they already do!
I don't like the idea of braids because my hair REALLY is too thin for it, so double braids look PATHETIC in my hair....BUT if one day i had time to my in my extensions then that would be a very good idea....
I don't own a flexi-8......yet ;)
The hole in the cap is normal sized.
Folded pony is a good idea too, but it might start to look scruffy by the end of it and we can't touch our hair because we are dealing with food and it will gross people out!!
Thanks for all your suggestions, definately some food for thought. I don't mind looking young ;)- I just don't want to look old...because i act like a 10 year old and i don't feel so pathetic when people mistake me as one...tee hee

Kebbster
March 27th, 2009, 05:32 AM
What about rope braids? They might look good on thinner hair, I actually only like them in mine if I do them as double braids rather than 1 thick one, they just seem to look better thinner.

Haha, don't worry I act like a child all the time, not a bad thing, ever notice how much more fun kids have than adults? and they do it without any alcohol to induce it.

tiny_teesha
March 27th, 2009, 07:30 AM
EXACTLY! (i don't drink!)
Hmmm... I'll think about the rope braid. To be honest i seriously have become hair boring...i think i'm neglecting my hiar some what, i'm no where near as obsessed and i used to love the length, not i only love its new found softness, never mind it being short and thin! haha
I made a braid today but i "pulled it back" the bumps, to make it fluffier, which worked! But wasn't as impressive as i'd like! :)

Duchess of Erat
March 27th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Have you tried a bee butt bun? Maybe it would fit through the hole in the back of the baseballcap, or just make one at the nape...

tiny_teesha
March 28th, 2009, 06:21 AM
it probably would fit, but i think it might look silly, because my hair is not impressive and thin,...i cancel out a lot of styles because they are too bad looking on my hair IMHO. It will end up looking like a little knob. lol