PDA

View Full Version : Nexxus Humectress now has Cones...

andrea1982
March 25th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I just bought the Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Humectress conditioner, and I noticed that the conditioner has quite a few cones. My hair likes cones, so I'm fine with this, but I had read previously on here that this conditioner was cone free... At first I thought maybe it's just the Canadian formulation that has cones (they just released it here a month or so ago) but I checked drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=151728&catid=10329

sure enough, it seems the US formulation has them now too.

Just thought I'd let all you cone-free folks so you don't buy this expensive coney conditioner accidentally thinking it's cone free.

AmandaPanda
March 25th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, they reformulated. I believe they removed petroleum or mineral oil (can't remember what was in it) and added the cones. It stinks.

On a similar note: I found out yesterday that Back to Basics reformulated the Sunflower leave-in and now it contains a bunch of junk

somethingwicked
March 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Very sad...I've been seeing ads with the new packaging, and I wondered if they had changed the formula. This was my go-to leave in, and it's getting to be about time to replace my bottle. I hope I can find some old stock somewhere.

Does anyone happen to know if they've worked some similar evil on Therappe (the shampoo)? My HG shampoo is the Sally version of Therappe (a lot lighter than the Nexxus version), and I better start stocking up if they have.

AmandaPanda
March 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure about the shampoo. I think they may have ingredients posted on the Nexxus website though. I think your safe witht the Sally's version. They don't change their formulas when the big companies do. Where the ingredients are compared on the bottles, the dates are from the formulas as they were in 2002 (at least that's what it says on my bottle of the Sally's generic Aloe Rid, which I bought a couple of years ago)

JessTheMess
March 27th, 2009, 05:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my absolute FAVORITE conditioner!!!!! It is a staple to my routine!!! Now I will have to stock up if I can find it w.o cones :lala::justy::angry::trainwreck:

Why ohhh whyyyyy do they mess with perfection!?

GlassEyes
March 27th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'd honestly rather it contained cones.

Mineral oil/petrolatum has never been something my hair ({or skin) has had too much of a fondness for.

talullah
March 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I am so upset about this. Humectress is just about the only conditioner that's touched my hair in over two years. I can't understand why they'd change such a popular product that's been around for so long. :(

I have no idea what I'm going to do now! My bottle is almost gone.

Curlsgirl
March 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Have you guys ever used Beauty Without Cruelty leave-in conditioner? I really like that stuff better than the humectress. I think it was the mineral oil that my hair didn't like with it but the BWC is cone-free and has no mineral oil either. Just wanted to throw that out there. I know how it is to lose something you REALLY really like! :mad:

JessTheMess
March 27th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I'll have to give it a try! Thanks curlsgirl

somethingwicked
March 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure about the shampoo. I think they may have ingredients posted on the Nexxus website though. I think your safe witht the Sally's version. They don't change their formulas when the big companies do. Where the ingredients are compared on the bottles, the dates are from the formulas as they were in 2002 (at least that's what it says on my bottle of the Sally's generic Aloe Rid, which I bought a couple of years ago)

You know what, you're right, I just got back from doing my Friday shopping, and I swung by Sally. They still had the old formula Therappe on the shelf next to their knock off, and the ingredients didn't match. To tell you the truth, the ingredients in Sallys generic version looked better than the list on the Nexxus version, so maybe Nexxus has been cheaping it up slowly over the years? I went ahead and grabbed two bottles of my shampoo, just to start getting a nice little hoard laid away, JIC. I'm kicking myself for not checking out their generic version of Humectress, too, darn it! But I am going back next payday to buy any of the original Humectress they have on the shelf so I'll check it out then.

Linda K
March 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Which particular BWC conditioner do you suggest to Humectress? I'm doing ok w/ it as a rinse out but I can't quite see it working that well as a leave-in like the original formula.
Thanks also for the tip!

AmandaPanda
March 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Oh...I just found out they reformulated my beloved Ensure! Now it has cones as well.

My hair doesn't mind cones much, but they do build up easily. Not too happy.

plainjanegirl
April 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
So is anybody still using the nexxus since the cones have been added? Do they have alot of cones that build up fast?

plainjanegirl
April 27th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Does anybody have any feedback on the newer mix with the cones?