PDA

View Full Version : Lush Henna Caca Brun!

Emme76
March 25th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hey Everyone.
This is my first time doing henna - so I thought I would give it a review for all of you :)!!!
After getting some good advice on another thread I posted I decided to try Henna - and using Lush caca Brun.
I never done this before - so I am a first timer :rolleyes:....

The color I am looking for is a more deeper brown shade - and more shine. I don´t want a big color difference but a more rich brown would be nice :D. And I am hoping I will be able to stop using the regular tint I been doing for a long time. It tends to make my hair very dry!

I started by doing a strandtest - and it didn´t show any color difference. I think either I used to little caca or the strand got to dry.

Well, I just put the mix on my head and wrapped it with clingwrap (!). And I am starting by leaving it on for 2 hours. I am using 2 blocks - and I mixed it with warm water.

Here I have some before pictures. The first one in sunlight and the other one in shade. I will try to get some after pictures - this evening or tomorrow morning (swedish time)!!!

BEFORE:

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu73/Emme76/hair2-1.jpghttp://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu73/Emme76/hair1-1.jpg

Soon I will add after pictures...if I dare...lol....

Bye for now.

rach
March 25th, 2009, 07:53 AM
fingers crossed :) . i'm not familiar with lush items (smells of the shops scares me off) but it sounds like it will come out nice.

amaiaisabella
March 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I hope you like your color! Congrats on your first henna :)

CrystalStar
March 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Goodluck! :D

Can't wait to see your results, I have a strand test of maroon and brun sitting in my hair right now! :p

Emme76
March 29th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I promise I will get some after pictures soon.
My DH took the camera to work...:mad:...so I hope he will bring it back soon - then I will add some after pictures.

But I will tell you that I am very very happy with the color. A more deep rich brown color, just what I wanted. And my hair is fuller and more shine. Feels nice :)....

tangocurl
August 17th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I promise I will get some after pictures soon.
My DH took the camera to work...:mad:...so I hope he will bring it back soon - then I will add some after pictures.

But I will tell you that I am very very happy with the color. A more deep rich brown color, just what I wanted. And my hair is fuller and more shine. Feels nice :)....

I would love to see your "after" pictures...or get input from anyone else who has used the Lush bars, specifically the Brun color. I played around with BAQ henna glosses and indigo rinses a couple of years ago when I first came to LHC, but went back to semipermanent chemical color so I could have more control of my results in the "light reddish brown" range, and also not have a harsh root line. I used so little henna that yes, much of it did eventually fade, and all of the indigo washed out (don't want to hijack this thread with the henna removal topic!).

So I'm thinking now of trying the Caca Brun, because I'm looking for a more neutral rich brown than what I was going for a couple years ago. I'm curious to hear from people who have used this color for a while. Is it as dark as henndigo? Does the indigo part wash out and fade to typical henna red? Is it as permanent as regular henndigo; do you get a harsh root line?

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere. Thanks for accommodating me :)

LutraLutra
August 18th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too - I'm interested in trying a very diluted Caca Brun gloss.

I tried a very weak Caca Rouge gloss 6 weeks ago with 1/2 teaspoon of caca in 50 grams of conditioner. It's pretty much all washed/worn out now and I'm back to my natural, slightly brassy tones.

Jenny.Wren
August 18th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I tried a very weak Caca Rouge gloss 6 weeks ago with 1/2 teaspoon of caca in 50 grams of conditioner. It's pretty much all washed/worn out now and I'm back to my natural, slightly brassy tones.

wow 1/2 tsp of caca? i'm surprised if it had any effect at all :confused: The lush bars are heavily loaded with cocoa butter which in effect gives the glossing you would get if you mixed BAQ henna with conditioner.

If you wanted to get just a subtle hint of colour from the lush bars, I would only leave on for about an hour. For deep colour, leave on for 4+ hours.

Dieselle
August 18th, 2009, 03:41 AM
The final color is nice !

This henna looks good, but I find it too expensive (and I have to order to have it).

Its name is strange because "caca" in french means "poo" !!

FallenAngel
August 18th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Well, Lush likes to play with the names of their products! :D

I've used all the cacas by now, exept noir, and I like tham all. I started with Brun because I had a bleached streak in my hair and was afraid of the orange. Worked very well.

LutraLutra
August 18th, 2009, 06:17 AM
wow 1/2 tsp of caca? i'm surprised if it had any effect at all :confused: The lush bars are heavily loaded with cocoa butter which in effect gives the glossing you would get if you mixed BAQ henna with conditioner.

If you wanted to get just a subtle hint of colour from the lush bars, I would only leave on for about an hour. For deep colour, leave on for 4+ hours.

:D Yup, only half a teaspoon - it didn't change the colour of my hair, but it did give it a red shine, as in my siggy picture. I wanted to give my hair colour a bit of extra dimension without being stuck with growing out henna and all the hassle of upkeep.

sorraia
August 18th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I am glad you posted this.
I have been asking about the Lush Caca Brun. I bought a bar
about two weeks ago. Still sitting in the sack in the bathroom.
I was on the fence about going back to coloring again.
Can't wait to see your pictures. I am glad to hear you really like
the results. I hope you don't mind keeping us informed in regard to
color change as it fades.

eternallyverdan
August 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Its name is strange because "caca" in french means "poo" !!

That was my first thought as well! Poop brown shampoo? D: It would definitely not be my first choice for a product name.

Jenny.Wren
August 19th, 2009, 01:24 AM
That was my first thought as well! Poop brown shampoo? D: It would definitely not be my first choice for a product name.

they chose the name because it literally is natural - as poo is :D (no chemicals - so what went it one end, came out the other) :eyebrows: I think it's quite clever marketing.

hetschepetsch
August 21st, 2009, 05:00 AM
I used caca noir for two times now and its as permanent as the other indigos (for my hair) but much better for my hair.- I dont like the handling very much, due to the fact that I didnt want to heat it too much because of the indigo. I guess for the other collours thats no problem.

Whats kind of wiered is that the shop assistants didnt know anything about it. i asked about how to use it they told me the standard Henna-rules: as hot as possible as long as possible, you can use wine or vinnegar instead of whater- I asked about the oxidating time of indigo and its temperature stableness, and they have never heard about that...

Now I wonder is it the indigo that dies there or the other stuff(henna, nuts) that are died by indigo that are dying my hair?

Fiferstone
August 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
I've used Caca Marron (the reddish brown) for 3 years. Here's my method:
1. GRATE the squares to ensure a nice, smooth consistency ( I use a regular cheese grater and a glass bowl)
2. Mix with liquid of your choice (hot water, tea, etc.,). My own choice is black coffee :) until the mixture is the consistency of brownie batter. You don't want it so stiff that you cannot get it to coat all of your hair, nor do you want it so runny that it's running off your scalp. Add the liquid a little at a time until you achieve the right consistency.
3. Allow mixture to sit on a warming plate (the hot plate on my coffee maker is ideal for this purpose, I find) until you achieve dye release. (dot a bit of the mixture on your forearm, if it leaves a stain, you've achieved dye release). The mixture should be warm, but not so hot as to burn your scalp
4. Apply to new growth at scalp (if you've applied it before); if your starting for the first time, apply back to front (I use one of those ketchup bottle dispensers you can get at big box stores as a root shooter), and then work into your length. Your goal is a uniform coating of mud worked all the way through your hair.
5. If you want a more "brown" color, leave the henna exposed (don't wrap it) and it will oxidize more quickly. If you want a "redder" color, wrap your head in plastic. I find that those evil plastic grocery bags work fine for this purpose. I tie two of them onto my head. The wrapping delays the oxidation a bit and also keeps the heat from your scalp in.
6. I leave it in for a MINIMUM of 4 hours, because I want the darkest result possible. I recently experimented with sleeping with it in. It worked very well and I used an old T-shirt as a head-wrap to protect my bedding. That also worked.
7. When I go to remove it, I use a lot of cheapo conditioner to loosen the mud-pack, and then I do a "mermaid soak" in a tub filled with warm water to get as much of the mud off my hair and scalp as possible.
8. I then finish washing it off with my usual shampoo (Lush 'poo bar) and conditioner (Lush jungle) in the shower.
9. While my hair dries, I clean up the bathroom. (Not only do I get nice lovely new color, but I have a spotless bathroom every 2 months, what's not to like?)

My hair is 31.5 inches (waist), and I find I achieve good results and saturation using 2 squares of the 6-square brick. However, I'm definitely a finey. As it gets longer I'm going to use 3 squares.

I henna every 2 months, and for my last henna I used 1 square of caca marron and 1 square of caca rouge. The result is a little redder, but it's still not orange. My avatar is my hair in sunlight the day after a henna. It's not that orange in real life, and in indoor lighting it's more of an auburn color. I don't have much grey yet, but the greys are a reddish/gold color - hooray, built-in streaks!

Your own mileage may vary, but I hope that's helpful.

KiwiLiz
August 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM
fingers crossed :) . i'm not familiar with lush items (smells of the shops scares me off) but it sounds like it will come out nice.
Lol, I LOVE the smell of Lush. I wish I worked there so I could smell it every day :P

As for the Caca Brun, I loved it, it gave me the most perfect shade of warm rich brown... it just did something with my skin tone and made me look all bright and shinny. Unfortunately my hair does not hold colour, so it faded -it may have washed out because of all the oils and junk they put in it as well, but I'm not game enough to try BAQ, so I'm growing it out... *sigh*

Deimos
August 26th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I've used Caca Noir for half a year now. First it required some testing of how to do it correctly consistency-wise and such. Then I thought I had it working nicely, but lately I have some huge issues with my roots. The henna just refuses to hold or something. They just don't dye and usually I leave the stuff on for 2 hours or something :(

Emme76
December 10th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Hey everyone...
I am so sorry I haven´t posted any after pictures. I was pregnante and became sick - and then had a very rough year. I really liked caca brun and the deep rich brown was amazing. For anyone looking for a really deep brown it is good. I felt that it also made my hair thicker.
But I am not natural this dark so I didn´t really feel like myself. I decided to stop with the caca brun and lighten my hair a bit again.
But for anyone looking for a nice deep brown - I can really recommend caca brun.

Good luck!

Kristin
March 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I used Brun the other night. I used the entire bar, which was barely enough, and covered my head with plastic wrap, a plastic processing cap, and a turban towel. Slept. Left it on for 7.5 hours and Coed it out. No color change except at my roots where it was slightly redder. My hair is naturally dark and has been colored using several different demi dyes.

I am frustrated as this is the second time I have tried henna in three months and it has not made a color difference. (The first time I used Rainbow and combined dark brown and auburn.) Should I try a different shade or brand, or just keep hennaing until the color builds?:confused:

little_cherry
March 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I used to love the smell of lush stores, but now my sinuses go into overdrive!

I get DH to go in for me! Hahaha!

I'm looking forward to seeing the after pics! When I started to henna, I used the caca rouge and progressed to the Marron..I loved them, but they were a tad expensive and hard to wash out. I love my Yemeni henna now! I've contemplated on using the noir and mixing it with the Yemeni to get a burgundy.

Roseate
March 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I am frustrated as this is the second time I have tried henna in three months and it has not made a color difference. (The first time I used Rainbow and combined dark brown and auburn.) Should I try a different shade or brand, or just keep hennaing until the color builds?:confused:

What color are you trying to dye your hair? The lush brun and rainbow dark brown are both henna/indigo mixes, so the results will be very subtle on naturally dark brown hair, as you found out.

If you want visible red on your dark hair, you are probably going to have to go with pure BAQ, either straight or in a gloss, depending on how much red you want.

The brilliant minds over at the henna thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=45) can probably help, and Nightshade's henna article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=7) has lots of helpful information. Good luck!

celelu
March 29th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Wow... I'm just starting to get interested in henna, and that name caught my attention... Someone called a brand Caca brun? I hope they don't try to sell it somewhere people speaks french, because it means, very crudely and childlishly, Brown ****.
That being said, I might be interested to try it someday, but I'm not quite sure I will find it under this name as long as I stay in Québec or France...

little_cherry
March 30th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Wow... I'm just starting to get interested in henna, and that name caught my attention... Someone called a brand Caca brun? I hope they don't try to sell it somewhere people speaks french, because it means, very crudely and childlishly, Brown ****.
That being said, I might be interested to try it someday, but I'm not quite sure I will find it under this name as long as I stay in Québec or France...
Oh yes...you can find the cacas in Quebec :p

All the Lush stores sell them. I think I've purchased from 3 different Lushs' from around the local area!