PDA

View Full Version : Actual size of M ficcare maximus?

Roseate
March 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I recently bought a ficcare off of ebay. It is in good condition, has the logo engraved on it, killer spring, seems like the real thing, but the size is odd.

When I lay it down on a ruler, it is 4" from tip to tip. When I do the same thing with my large ficcare, it measures 5", which agrees exactly with the ficcare website. But they list the medium as 4.5" and the small as 3.5", so this is neither!

Would someone mind checking their medium ficcare and telling me how it measures up? Whatever size this is, it's too small for my hair, so I'd like to put it up on the swap board, but I need to know what size to call it.

Jeni
March 24th, 2009, 07:58 PM
According to the ficcare website a medium is 4.5"...http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=1

*Edit*

I think I misunderstood your question, sorry. I just measured the medium jade ficcare I just got from a swap here. It equals 4.5" from pointy tip to top tip. The bottom tip measures to 4"... I have no idea if that makes a bit of sense, sorry if it doesn't.

Roseate
March 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM
And a small is 3.5". This is right between the two. I thought I would check with actual people to see if the website was right, since I don't have a medium or small to measure up.

kwaniesiam
March 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Are you measuring the top or the bottom? Did you use a straight ruler or a measuring tape?

Roseate
March 24th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks Jeni! That makes sense, and if I measure mine like that I get the same thing. Good, it's a medium and not some wierd inbetween fake.

Kwaniesiam, I was laying it on top of a flat ruler and getting 4", if I use a tape I get measurements like Jeni's, so I was just measuring funny.

Thanks y'all! Off to rinse my cassia!:cheese: