PDA

View Full Version : Hair Compliment!!!!

wolf girl
April 2nd, 2008, 06:39 AM
Monday I was having a great hair day so I left it down. Of course that always puts me a cheerful mood. After work I went to the store and as I was walking down the isle, I heard a man say "WOW!" You have great hair. It's nice to see that some women still wear their hair long." :happydance:Then, a few people turned around to look.

I wanted to share a positive comment. I know some on here get a lot of negative feedback. Some people out there do like the result of our obsession. :D

Lavendula
April 2nd, 2008, 06:46 AM
That's so nice! Congrats, and probably this man was totally right! It's always great to get and give compliments... it makes this world a nicer place :).

yzkaloha
April 2nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Congratulations! That must have made your day.

SHELIAANN1969
April 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Thats way cool, I always have my hair up and rarely does anyone see it, compliments rock!!

Curlsgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Wow! That is so great to hear! So good that man took the time to compliment too. I bet your hair looks beautiful!!!! :cheese:

AJoifulNoise
April 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
That's awesome. I bet for every one who actually speaks up, there are many who agree but don't say anything.

I bet you just walked on air after that!

ladystar
April 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Thats is such a great feeling!!! CONGRATS!!!

karenpetal
April 2nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
hey Ladystar u have awesome hair ...

jojo
April 2nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
what a lovely compliment, its nice when all your hard work pays off eh? congratulations!

ladystar
April 2nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
thank you karenpetal. WOOHOOO lol

wolf girl
April 2nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
hey Ladystar u have awesome hair ...

Agree!! ;)

annys
April 2nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
It is so awesome when someone compliments long hair.

Recently I went to a show with my daughter at the local high school. I was wearing my hair in an updo, nothing fancy, just a figure 8 bun held in with a comb. As we were in the long line slowly making our way out of the auditorium, the woman behind me complimented me on how nicely my hair was put up. We got into a brief discussion of long hair. It was so fantastic to have someone notice my hair and compliment it.

It must have made your day!

kimki
April 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
That's awesome. I bet for every one who actually speaks up, there are many who agree but don't say anything.

I bet you just walked on air after that!

Thats a very good point! I think it can take alot of courage to give people compliments.

You do have beautiful hair though. :)

biggeorge
April 2nd, 2008, 10:07 AM

There have been several times I would have liked to compliment someone on their hair, but did not feel comfortable doing so due to such things as age difference, setting, etc. There are times when an innocent comment such as this is taken out of context when not intended, and results in an uncomfortable situation, especially when taken as such and returned in a similar manner.

Rest assured that guys will notice your long hair http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/g056.gif whether commented about or not. And do not take the absence of such comments as a negative, but rather as someone respecting your privacy.

Gylfi
April 2nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Big George is right! I compliment folks on their hair when I can, but I try not to be awkward with it ;)

I was in Las Vegas the other day, and while I was walking up the strip a woman shouted out "hey, gimme some of that hair!" and a bald guy walking by followed it by saying that he could use a handful too. I thought it was funny. I only ever get negative comments from my own family, and I otherwise get positive comments from strangers every once in a while. And then the neutral comments ("wow, that's long")

ladystar
April 2nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
doing the happy dance!!! :cheese::cheer::joy::happydance::disco: lol

Nightshade
April 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Big George is right! I compliment folks on their hair when I can, but I try not to be awkward with it ;)

I've always felt that the best way to pay a random compliment is to say something like, "Excuse me ma'am/sir, you have beautiful hair." Smile and walk away. Don't make the person getting the compliment feel like they have to respond, which they may if you linger :)

Gylfi
April 2nd, 2008, 10:47 AM
I've always felt that the best way to pay a random compliment is to say something like, "Excuse me ma'am/sir, you have beautiful hair." Smile and walk away. Don't make the person getting the compliment feel like they have to respond, which they may if you linger :)

Yes, generally that's what I'd do! Anything more is awkward for both parties :)

MercyD
April 2nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
That positively rocks!
Congrats on the happy comment:D

Chamomile betty
April 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
How awesome!
I am sure that made you feel great :)

Stagecoach
April 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Yayayayay, hair compliments are so inspiring!

WritingPrincess
April 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Congratulations on a hair-related compliment! I only ever get the neutral comments that Gylfi referred to. "Wow, your hair is LONG." I always smile and say, "Thank you." Sometimes they seem surprised that I take it as a compliment. :shrug:

amaiaisabella
April 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I hope I can someday get a compliment on my hair! My friend told me the other day that it is getting long though, so I was happy :) Of course, "long" to me is just a blip on what some of you guys have, but... it's something, right? :)

embee
April 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Nice to have it noticed! :) I'll bet your hair looked lovely.

It can be difficult to say anything nice - sometimes you just know it will be taken wrong or there's no real opportunity.

Sidani
April 2nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
I think hair compliments are awesome! Congrats on getting yours, wolf girl! :flowers:

I almost always wear my hair down and loose and I've gotten some really nice compliments on it. It always makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

angelthadiva
April 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Congrats on your awesome hair compliment!

I find my English braids rather boring, but the length of it gets a lot of attention...Almost daily my hair is complimented on...What a way to put a :D on someone's face!

trolleypup
April 3rd, 2008, 02:02 AM
I will sometimes avoid giving a compliment if my hair is up...but if I can discreetly let it down, then I'll compliment...usually in a drive-by manner.

angelthadiva
April 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
LMBO, TP is crazy! Drive by compliments! He kills me! :eyebrows:

I saw this lady today (at lunch) who had natural blonde TBL hair! Her hair was gorgeous, and I told her so...She had her hair all down and loose...I'm guessing she was in her mid-40's. She told me that she was only letting it grow until she turns completely grey; then she will chop...Then she mentioned L.O.L. Her DD grows and chops for L.O.L...So, you know I had to tell her the truth...She was horrified, I told her not to take my word, look it up on the internet. Poor thing!

WritingPrincess
April 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Good for you, Angelthadiva! I got a compliment yesterday! I'm going to post a thread about this, but I saw a woman with MBL-Waist length hair and I complimented her on it. She thanked me and then noticed my hair. It had fallen out of its usual braid (I think it's tired of being tied back all the time, because it pulled my elastic out and lost it for me) and was loose.
"Oh, it's beautiful! Can I touch it?" I agreed and we ended up chatting about hair for awhile. She seemed very interested in LHC.

Choccielocks
April 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats on your compliment - so great to see people complimenting - all I hear is 'wow, your hair needs a cut doesn't it?!' and my hair isn't even that long!!x

Arniky
April 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM
nice to get compliments

Celebrian
April 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM
No, I don't get complimented by strangers. Only husbands... my children... and that just 'aint the same, is it? :shrug:

Druid of Alba
April 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I'm glad to hear it! It's nice to see that somebody went that length to speak up and compliment you! You must have beautiful hair! :)

1nuitblanche
April 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Yay! That's so nice! I'm happy for you. :-)