PDA

View Full Version : How does your hair feel?

jera
March 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
My hair is beginning to feel very smooth and silky around my roots and on the crown. :) Due to all the good habits I've learned here.

But as I let my hands course down my length, my hair feels drier and drier. :rolleyes: My ends feel like a tumbleweed. :(

I'm sure my hair is recovering and will grow out of all this eventually, but since I spent all of last year trimming off damage, I'd hoped to go for gaining length this year. ( My ends may feel fried, but they look much healthier and there are no spilits.)

What would you guys do? Have any of you had a similar problem? :confused:

amaiaisabella
March 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
My ends still feel dry, even though I've cut off the majority of the damage caused by coloring and heat styling. Keep in mind that the ends will always feel slightly rougher than the rest of your hair, because they are the oldest bits. Keeping the hair up is key to minimize exposure of these ends.

In the meantime, to keep dryness from getting worse, you can always do any moisture treatment of your choice: SMTs, oiling, deep conditioning, CO, etc.

AJoifulNoise
March 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Have you tried coconut oil on your ends/length? My ends are silky soft due to coconut oil and updos.

misspriss
March 24th, 2009, 03:28 PM
okay, I completely lost the train of thought I had.

My ends do not feel too much different from the rest of my hair. Which is good at this point. But I had to cut off my damaged ends, I do not have the patience of many of our members to care for damaged hair, I cut it off.

I know some people have had luch with oiling the ends, and keeping it up. Although I am only at APL, I almost never leave it down.

janeytilllie
March 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
My hair is the same. I was very evil to my poor hair in the past (bleach!!!!) My hair is smooth and healthy at the roots but my ends still have damage from the past.

My current routine :)

I oil every night with my coconut oil. I only use it on the ends and by morning my ends are alot smoother :)

Im trimming every two months so I can cut my damage off slowly :)

I've also bought some shea butter. I use this on my ends as a conditioner and my hair is loving it :)

So I would try oiling your ends to see if this helps. And maybe a deep conditoning on your ends every week? HTH

Good luck :blossom:

Arctic
March 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Ends that feel dry might also be sign of build-up.