PDA

View Full Version : DBF joins in quest to long hair! (warning: image heavy!)

Rebelkat
March 24th, 2009, 01:02 AM
:cloud9:

DBF has decided to join me in the quest to longer, healthier hair! At this time, I don't know if he'll be joining us at LHC because he's never really used forums *he did give me permission to use pics of him on LHC tho*, but I'm hoping I can convince him. Right now, his goal is the equivalent of BSL, but he's curious to see just how long his hair will grow. I am having problems typing him though. At this length it's quite difficult for me to tell. I know that he has medium hair and iii thickness, but I can't decide whether he's a 2b/2c or maybe even a curly. Let me know what you think!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2784&pictureid=34871

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2784&pictureid=34872

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2784&pictureid=34873

Heavenly Locks
March 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Oh he is cute! (hope you don't mind me saying so) :)

I'd put him at a 2a/2b depending on how much wave his length will pull out in the future. Yay for longer healthier DBF hair!!

RancheroTheBee
March 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Hurray! :) I couldn't convince DBF; Instead, he shaved his head. Good job!

Starr
March 24th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I have no idea what his hair type is, but holy cow he's got some thick hair!

joyellen
March 24th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I don't know what his hair type would be, but I just wanted to say hooray that he's growing his hair! My BF is also growing his hair. He used to have the equivalent of BSL, but he had to cut it and has grown it to shoulder length. I'm sure your BF will have beautiful long hair in no time :D

FallenAngel
March 24th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Umm.... I rate myself as 2a, and he seems to be a little wavier than me. I'm no expert on this, but maybe 2b?

Hopefully you'll get more qualified opinions soon.

(Another opinion, cute bf! ;) )

Rebelkat
March 24th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Oh he is cute! (hope you don't mind me saying so)

I'd put him at a 2a/2b depending on how much wave his length will pull out in the future. Yay for longer healthier DBF hair!!
:D Nope, I don't mind you saying so. He has no idea how cute he actually is *which of course only makes him cuter*! I was thinking 2b because I'm a 2a and last time he had long(ish) hair *in between shoulder and APL*, his hair was still wavier that mine and still curled up pretty far on the right side.

I have no idea what his hair type is, but holy cow he's got some thick hair!
You're not kidding! The amazing thing is, last time it was cut *which was in November*, they THINNED IT OUT and it's still very thick! *faints*

I don't know what his hair type would be, but I just wanted to say hooray that he's growing his hair! My BF is also growing his hair. He used to have the equivalent of BSL, but he had to cut it and has grown it to shoulder length. I'm sure your BF will have beautiful long hair in no time
I think so, too. It grows quite fast indeed, about 3/4" a month!

Rebelkat
March 24th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Umm.... I rate myself as 2a, and he seems to be a little wavier than me. I'm no expert on this, but maybe 2b?

Hopefully you'll get more qualified opinions soon.

(Another opinion, cute bf! ;) )
Thanks, FallenAngel! He has no idea he's cute either, despite what I tell him. :rolleyes:
I'm also a 2a, so I agree that he has to be *at least* a 2b.

kwaniesiam
March 24th, 2009, 01:52 AM
His hair looks very similar to my DBF before he had to cut it for the military. I'd put him at a 2b/2c since a lot of times with better care and length wurls pop up out of nowhere. Then again, he might be the type who's hair straightens out instead of curls more as more length adds weight to it. Maybe when he hits shoulder length you can post another pic to compare :)

Katze
March 24th, 2009, 03:51 AM
2b? Hard to tell, as often more waves form at chin and below. He could be as wavy as my BF, whose hair looks "nappy" when it's short but makes lovely spiral ringlets (2c ++) at shoulder and beyond.

Whatever his hairtype he has lovely thick healthy looking hair, and he is a CUTIE, besides. Better that he doesn't know it, too, as it just makes him cuter. :D

Just make sure he doesn't steal all your haircare products without replacing them, as mine likes to do.

Chrissy
March 24th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I'm not good at hair typing but I think it would be great fun growing out your hair together. He is sweet to let you post his pic. Well I just looked at your length and you are already long! Well he can have fun playing catch up with you. :)

Silverlox
March 24th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I would call him a 2b presently.

If/when his degree of wavy/wurliness changes with increased length, you can always change it accordingly.

I agree to the amazing thickness! :blueeek: As well as to him being a cutie! With your beauty and his good looks, the two of you much be such a handsome couple. :flower:

DavidN
March 24th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Your DBF has an excellent head of hair, Rebelkat, and that is great news that he is doing so well on his journey to long hair. His hair is thick and healthy, and all the best to him as he grows it longer!

Pixna
March 24th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Mmmm, he's luscious, Rebelkat! :) Oh, his hair. Um, right.

He's got a terrific head of thick hair. I'd classify him as a 2b for now. How long is he thinking of growing it? It's great that you can share your hair journeys together. You do make a lovely couple (you are beautiful, and he is drool-worthy)!

paper
March 24th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Your DBF has great hair. It's going to look great longer! :thumbsup:

AutumnLeaves
March 24th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I have to agree; he is a cutie!

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Your BF is very handsome with awesome, shiny, healthy hair. I wonder what it will look like when it is APL. He has some waves right now and it looks very thick. Good Genes I'd say; :wink:

brok3nwings
March 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
i think he probably isnt just Medium, it seams he has some Coarse hair there too :) about the rest you will have to wait and see but im sure he will have such an amazing long hair will all that fullness!

Jessikinz
March 24th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Oh wow that is a great head of hair. It's so good that you have someone to grow healthy long hair with!

JamieLeigh
March 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I agree with everyone else on all points:

~He's got some amazing hair!:agree:
~He's such a cutie!:agree:
~You guys will have fun growing together.:agree:
~You should post comparison pics when he gets a bit longer, and hairtype him then.:agree:

coppercurls
March 24th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Mmmm, he's luscious, Rebelkat! :) Oh, his hair. Um, right.

He's got a terrific head of thick hair. I'd classify him as a 2b for now. How long is he thinking of growing it? It's great that you can share your hair journeys together. You do make a lovely couple (you are beautiful, and he is drool-worthy)!

Couldn't have said it better myself!:p

KajiKodomo
March 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not really good at hairtyping, but I just wanted to say that his hair is looking good so far! And to echo the "holy cow, that's some thick hair" sentiment, haha! :D

Rebelkat
March 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks to everyone who's posted so far! (I can't make a list now because the thread has grown so much since I last checked it! :o)

Mmmm, he's luscious, Rebelkat! Oh, his hair. Um, right.
Oh that's priceless, Pixna! I should have known better than to drink something while I was catching up on my posts, cause :spitting:. That happens to me a lot on here. :)

i think he probably isnt just Medium, it seams he has some Coarse hair there too about the rest you will have to wait and see but im sure he will have such an amazing long hair will all that fullness!
He DOES have coarse hair mixed in, but he also has a lot of baby-fine hair in there too. It actually seems to be almost a 50/50 mix of coarse and baby-fine, that's why I'm calling him a medium for now. It will probably be easier to tell once it gets a little longer, but I might go ahead and change it to coarse.

Xandergrammy
March 24th, 2009, 01:16 PM
What a cutie pie and he has great hair. It'll be fun watching it grow.

Rebelkat
March 24th, 2009, 01:21 PM
What a cutie pie and he has great hair. It'll be fun watching it grow.
Thank you, Xandergrammy! :grin:

Johanna64
March 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM
He is looking good and his hair is great :)