PDA

View Full Version : Perimeter braid video?

Darkhorse1
March 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hey all,
I think it was Aikio that did a perimeter braid that I LOVED, but for the life of me, I can't seem to join them together right.

Does anyone have a video to show how to do this? I can't seem to get the length braid right so joining them together isn't working.

Thanks! :)

Darkhorse1
March 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Anyone? :D

Akiko
March 24th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hey all,
I think it was Aikio that did a perimeter braid that I LOVED, but for the life of me, I can't seem to join them together right.

Does anyone have a video to show how to do this? I can't seem to get the length braid right so joining them together isn't working.

Thanks! :)

O! That darth vader head!:)

I don't know if there is a video. When I made that perimeter braid in my album, I used bobby pins to join them together. It is rather difficult.

I kept thinking maybe small claw clips (http://www.goody.com/Products/Accessories/Claws_and_Clips/Classic/Classic.aspx) would work better. I don't own them. So I have not tried.

Darkhorse1
March 24th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Akiko--my problem is that I can't seem to join the braids together--there's too much looseness in the braid--I'm finding it tricky to get the right balance. I have claw clips (mini ones), but it doesn't look like yours. My hair is tailbone length, so I'm not sure if it's a style you do with slightly shorter hair? Yours seems pretty long though, so I'm just confused ;)

Akiko
March 24th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hmmm. The braid itself is loose? Is your current length 30-32 inches like in your avatar info? My hair is 27"/69 cm now. But I think I can do it with additional few inches. As long as my arms reach to the end of my hair, at least 10 more inches. 15 more inches (42 inch long total) might be difficult. Then I have to tilt my head away from my hands.

It's tricky. I kept my hair rather taut as I braided. Each time I have to grab some of loose hair.

At first, my braid is pretty close to my head. As I braid farther down, my braid gets farther and farther away from my head. I am going to try to make a video. My hair is so dark. It's a bit difficult to capture!