PDA

View Full Version : did my henna today!

gibsongirl71
March 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Please view my album to see pics. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post from photobucket. I can do it on other sites but not here.:mad:

Punjabi Prime Body quality henna mixed with warm water. Left overnight to release. Bought henna online from the Tap Dancing Lizard.

Ok, so I left it on for 3 1/2 hours. That was all I could take, I don't like having stuff in my hair. I rinsed and did 2 conditioner only shampoos then followed up with a mild shampoo and conditioner. The only issue I am having right now is my hair still smells. I didn't mind the smell when I have the henna on my hair but rinsing made it smell like wet ciggies, to me anyways. I know the smell will lessen over time.

My hair was medium brown with some natural strawberry blond highlights. Wow! This color is amazing! I know it will oxidize over the next few days. It is redder than I thought, but I am diggin it. The variation in color and in different light it what made me decide to henna. I will do more pics in a few days. Maybe if we get some sun shine I will do them outside.

Also, No difference in the curl/wave in my hair. My hair looks shiny. It did feel different after I rinsed it all out. Heavier.

Thanks everyone for all your help.:flower:

Gutterfayrie
March 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
It looks great! I like the red!

I've found that sometimes it will take 3 washings to get the smell to leave... good luck!

MountainGypsy
March 23rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Gibsongirl - what a lovely color! I am curious to see what it looks like after it oxidizes. The smell will go away after a couple of shampoos. I have used henna for years and it has never had any impact on my curls either.

I am doing my henna today too, also the punjabi prime. I make my mix with a little lemon juice and nettle tea. I have another 2 hours to go, I can't wait to rinse, my neck is tired from the heavy henna mud pie on my head! :p

burns_erin
March 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Wow, that looks gorgeous.

Just remember, some people have had the henna curl crusher of doom come on after a couple of hennas, so be careful!

amaiaisabella
March 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
I haven't checked out your pictures yet, but to post pictures in a thread, you click the icon that looks like a little mountain with a sun and white background, and you can put in the link to the picture from Photobucket or your album :)

*edited* Wow, a beautiful cool burgandy! I love it!

Tap Dancer
March 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
It's a really beautiful shade of red! :flower:

gmdiaz
March 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
I am so enjoying these "Henna" threads. . .may have to do this myself.

I am soooo scared, though.

Love to see your hair in sunlight! Bet it's equally beautiful.

gibsongirl71
March 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks all! And thanks for the info on posting pics. I see the icon right now. I will post some new pics in a few days.:cheese:

I wasn't sure how red I wanted to be and I figured that I could do another henna with some indigo if I was too red. I am curious to see how it turns out in the end. I really like it. I used to color my hair red/burgundy and I never got color like this.

For anyone who is thinking doing a henna, Don't be afraid, just do a strand test first. Then you know what to expect.:)

kdaniels8811
March 23rd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Henna is awesome, isn't it? Beautiful color AND good for your hair. I love it!