PDA

View Full Version : An interesting milestone.

Monkey962
March 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
I hit an interesting milestone in my journey for long(er) hair the other day.

I was taking a bath, since frequent showering dries my scalp out too much. I sat in the tub normally, and let it fill as far as it would go. Then I felt my hair get kinda heavy. I took a hank of it in my hand and found that the ends had gotten wet! A fair length, too. This means that my hair is rapidly approaching waist length. I laughed to myself since only a longhair would be able to appreciate something like that. I wonder what people will say when I tell them I can't take baths anymore because of my hair.:D

Has anyone else had any significant hair milestones?

jera
March 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I hit an interesting milestone in my journey for long(er) hair the other day.

I was taking a bath, since frequent showering dries my scalp out too much. I sat in the tub normally, and let it fill as far as it would go. Then I felt my hair get kinda heavy. I took a hank of it in my hand and found that the ends had gotten wet! A fair length, too. This means that my hair is rapidly approaching waist length. I laughed to myself since only a longhair would be able to appreciate something like that. I wonder what people will say when I tell them I can't take baths anymore because of my hair.:D

Has anyone else had any significant hair milestones?

What a cool milestone :D Aren't those long hair moments just soooo great. BTW, I take baths too. Very relaxing. :p

jessie58
March 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't mind hitting that particular milestone. Perhaps next year I will not be able to have loose hair in the bathtub.

RancheroTheBee
March 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
I recently got to the point where my pony tails could be worn in public without inviting laughter. Also, in the back, it's tickling my shoulders. :D

gmdiaz
March 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Now you'll just have to pin your long locks up. . .before you take a dunk.

WritingPrincess
March 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
An interesting milestone, for sure. I just hit the point where I can lean on my hair if I'm sitting on the couch or the bed, but not on the floor. I can't wait to be able to sit on it! :lol:

EdG
March 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
I wonder what people will say when I tell them I can't take baths anymore because of my hair.:DI wear a shower cap while in the bathtub. It's not unusual. :hmm:

Congratulations on the milestone! :)
Ed

Tressie
March 23rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Congratulations!!! I know that made your day!! (o:

I prefer baths myself, and I put my hair up and wear a towel around it. I have noticed that my hair is now longer than most of my bath towels. I don't mind at all!!

Lady Lilya
March 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Even when my hair was barely past shoulder length, I would bun it quickly before a bath. I guess that reveals that I am a long-hair at heart.

JessicaVonMaim
March 23rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
congratulations! I love having those moments. Like this past Saturday I was getting ready to go out with some friends who I hadn't seen in a while, all of them kept petting my hair and telling me how long it was and how much they liked it! My one friend who had just cut her hair really short (and it looks super cute on her) said it made her miss her long hair :p

IrishRover716
March 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've just recently reached the point that I have to pull my hair out form under my shoulders when I lay down for bed.

Definitely just find a way to protect your hair. Nobody should have to give up baths.