PDA

View Full Version : The results are in!

Rebelkat
March 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
For those of you who have been reading my recent posts, you know about the adverse effects of the undiagnosed health problem I've been having. For those of you who haven't, I gained twenty pounds and lost 3/4 of an inch in ponytail circumference in a relatively short amount of time with no major changes in lifestyle. Well, the results of my thyroid tests have finally come back and there is nothing wrong with my thyroid! The doc has decided that it was a hormonal flare-up from my polycycstic ovary syndrome, which can easily be fixed by taking spironolactone. The good news is that it's a relatively harmless problem (aside from the hair loss, weight gain, and occasional bouts of depression). I should be on the spironolactone and on my way to recovery soon!

:happydance: :cheer: :joy:

ratgirldjh
March 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
YAY! glad to hear you are on the road to recovery :)

ReddishRocks
March 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm so glad to hear that! :) Medical problems are scary when you don't know what's going on - I'm glad you've got answers!

Rebelkat
March 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Thank you, ratgirldjh and ReddishRocks! It's been driving me nuts. I'm so relieved that I now know what's wrong and that it can be fixed.

lapushka
March 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
I'm so glad to hear that! :) Medical problems are scary when you don't know what's going on - I'm glad you've got answers!

Thank God they found out what was causing your problems. Having a problem with your body and not knowing what's causing it is hell.

Get well!

BlackfootHair
March 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Congrats for figuring out what's wrong. Knowing is half the battle. :)

LutraLutra
March 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
That's great news, hope you feel better soon. :)

Rebelkat
March 23rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks lapushka, BlackfootHair, and LutraLutra!

Having a problem with your body and not knowing what's causing it is hell.
You're not kidding! DBF has had to put up with quite a few random crying spells over this, and I'm not even much of a crier. I'm so happy that this is almost over with.

jera
March 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
I'm glad to hear you've learned what's wrong and will be on the road to recovery soon. Hugs. :)

Honestwitness
March 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
My DIL has poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. She takes Metformin for it. But she's still having problems. She's been having some pretty intense abdominal pain in recent weeks. She ended up in the ER last week, not knowing what was causing the pain. She is scheduled to have extensive tests in early April.

I'm so glad you're finding hope for an effective treatment program.

Honestwitness

Rebelkat
March 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you, jera and Honestwitness!

My DIL has poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. She takes Metformin for it. But she's still having problems. She's been having some pretty intense abdominal pain in recent weeks. She ended up in the ER last week, not knowing what was causing the pain. She is scheduled to have extensive tests in early April.
:agape:
That's some serious stuff, Honestwitness. Lucky for me, mine isn't that bad yet. My sister ended up in the ER once over several cysts rupturing simultaneously, but she wasn't taking anything for it. I hope they find something that will help your DIL!