PDA

View Full Version : What I did with my hair while LHC was down

ColoradoDreamer
March 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I got my first trim in over a year. I had her take off about an inch in the very back, where my hair was longest and then even things up a bit on the sides. I told her that my goal is growing my hair out and that I want to remove the damaged ends from when I was using chemical hair dye.

She didn't take off as much of the damaged ends as I thought she would; she recommended that I let it grow for awhile and then come back for another trim. My hair is still very lightly layered on the ends, and my hemline has more of a U shape than it did prior to the trim.

I also have started using LUSH henna caca on my hair to cover the gray instead of using chemical dye. I've done two applications so far, and I'm pleased with the results. My hair is shiny and silky after using the caca. I've now sort of gotten down a routine of washing my hair about every other day. I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo, diluted 2 oz. of concentrate in 6 oz. of water (makes a thin shampoo solution but not too "runny." I wash my scalp with this - sometimes the length too, if it's been longer than a couple of days since I washed and I've used any product. I use Suave conditioner on my length and let it sit while I shower. Comb through, rinse in warm water, follow with cool and an ACV rinse in cool water. If I have time and it's not too cold out, I'll let my hair air dry. If I'm in a hurry, I use my ionic dryer on the low/cool setting to get it almost dry. Either way, I have "wurlies" all over the place, especially in the humidity we've been having.

Having lots of fun, too, playing with updos and hair toys. :D

What good things have the rest of you guys been doing with your hair in the past couple of months or so?

BlndeInDisguise
March 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I've started putting aloe juice (not gel) in my mister bottle with some rosemary EO, and misting my hair with it after I wash it. When I take it down a couple of days later to wash it, it's soft and shiny! My hair especially loves the rosemary oil. :love:

Curlsgirl
March 8th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Um, mostly ignored it just doing the same thing I was before :D but it made it grow! Yippeeeeee!

KiwiLiz
March 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I got off 3 inches :'(

I did it myself... and I forgot I had layering up to my face the front, I cut the front first and took of inch... but then at the back it ended up being 3 inches off... So now I'm back to 29 inches, after finally getting to 32.

It's ok though, I love my blunt hemline! I could hardly wear my hair down at all because the ends where so tangly from being so damaged.

Before I cut my hair was very close to waist length, but it felt like it was bra strap length. Now it's about an inch to an inch and a half past bra strap, but it feels like shoulder length. :P

tiny_teesha
March 11th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I've started herbal washing. It kinda left my hair a bit dry but i am still learning how to do it to suit my hair type.
I'm going to continue till i waste it all! Then decide if it is for me.

MountainGypsy
March 11th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I started using coconut oil for extra moisture. I also ordered some Jessie culr products. So far good results!

Mely
March 11th, 2008, 11:58 PM
It's just been growing. No cutting. I've fallen off the 'no cones' wagon and bought some shampoo called "Long Term Relationship" that is supposed to be for long hair (just a gimmick)

I've got several new hair toys including:
- two sterling silver hair sticks on which the end screws off, and the bead at the end can be changed.
- A metal fork from Etsy with swirly designs at the end. One of the swirly bits opens up allowing beads to be threaded on it (this was special order)
-Some new dymondwood sticks from sources that I hadn't used before

I'll post picks after awhile.

naomimcc
March 12th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I've totally left mine alone. With a new baby...it stays up LOL.

Toffee20
April 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM
I cut 4 inches off =( hence my starting length being longer than current length... But.. hair is now much healthier and it feels thicker so I guess there is a balance!!

Anje
April 21st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Strange what threads get resurrected, isn't it?

pepperminttea
April 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Strange what threads get resurrected, isn't it?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

telegraph64
April 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM
LHC was down ?? Oh my, what happened... I never like being the new outsider. :p

Anje
April 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Back around 2008, it was down for a few months. Sometimes referred to as "the Great Crash."