PDA

View Full Version : And My Journal Begins... (pics included)

Dreams_in_Pink
March 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Ookay, i'm seriously thinking about starting a journal, but i doubt i'll have time to update it; if i can find time to take pics in the future, i'll start an album instead of posting here.

Here's my hair! :3 This is my most famous super-short graduated bob. Picture was taken 2 months before (notice how short hair at the back is)
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/before.jpg

And now, this is where it came so far (i didn't colour my hair, somehow my hair looks lighter in these)
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/after2.jpg
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/after1.jpg

Looks very thick, doesn't it? :D
Here's a successful half-ponytail:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/after3.jpg
And here's an epic fail at ponytail:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/after4.jpg

Guess i'll have to wait for that one (my next goal? :blushing: )
Let me know what you think! :cheese:

CindyLea1
March 23rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Dang! Your hair is so thick! I'm envious. You have a great start.

You could always start a blog on this site. Then while you are thinking about hair anyways, you can post bits? Just a thought.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Dang! Your hair is so thick! I'm envious. You have a great start.

You could always start a blog on this site. Then while you are thinking about hair anyways, you can post bits? Just a thought.

Thank you! Thickness was always the same, even when i had damaged ends. Although it looks great in photos, after shower it always ends up frizzy ^^; I really need to do something to make it look better (straighten or use rollers)

As for the blog, i don't know if i have that many things to share with you, as i generally don't take good care of my hair :o

but i have a lot of hair styling ideas (without heat) maybe i can share them in my blog.

AJoifulNoise
March 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Your hair does look really think! And, you don't have to post to your blog with any kind of regularity. I sure don't. You just post when you can.

KajiKodomo
March 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
It's looking great! :D

amaiaisabella
March 23rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Your hair is so thick and shiny! Total win :)

Happy growing!!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Thank you everyone! :D

To be honest, that shine comes from grease (for it's been a week since i last washed) After i wash my hair, i'll post another pic to show you how FABULOUS my hair truly is XD

templeofvenus
March 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hi there I started about 6 weeks ago with the same cut as you!!! 6 weeks later mine is growing like yours :) can't quite get a ponytail in yet though but maybe 6 weeks time I may have a stubby one lol :) wish my hair was as thick as yours though:)

Dreams_in_Pink
March 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hi there I started about 6 weeks ago with the same cut as you!!! 6 weeks later mine is growing like yours :) can't quite get a ponytail in yet though but maybe 6 weeks time I may have a stubby one lol :) wish my hair was as thick as yours though:)

Yay! a hair-length twin! :D Are you annoyed at your hairdo as much as i am? I really cannot wait till my hair gets longer :p

RancheroTheBee
March 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hey, only a few short months ago I was at epic-fail pony-stub length. (Can we add that one to Ursula's list?) Now I can get it into a regular pony-stub. :) You've got some great progress going on.

LutraLutra
March 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
pony-stub length. (Can we add that one to Ursula's list?) Uh huh, yep I've been there. :D

Take plenty of growth pics, you'll be amazed at how much your hair changes. It's fun.

Pixna
March 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Dang, in two short months you've sure come a LONG way!! Your hair looks very thick and healthy and now all it has to do is grow to your goal length. You are well on your way!!

WritingPrincess
March 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
I only post in my blog every few months, but it's there when I want it, like my RL journal. Nobody said you have to post regularly in a blog.

Great progress, by the way!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Thank you! I'm not measuring the growth rate as what matters for me is the appearence ;)

Okay, okay, i will start writing blogs soon, no worries :D

Johanna64
March 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Your hair looks great!!
Good growth :)

Farina
March 23rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
seems to be growing fast!

jojo
March 24th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Great thick, shiny hair. My hair was the exact same at the back, maybe a little shorter in 2005 to give you some idea.

I think your hair has a really good start, its healthy looking already, cannot wait to see how your hair looks at super lengths!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 24th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone!

This was taken several minutes ago, after a shower... wild WILD HAIR!

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/wiry.jpg

MissCinnamon
March 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Lovely hair, best of luck growing it out! :cheer:

LittleOrca
March 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Good start for your hair! It looks really good, I can't wait to see it longer :D

EvasOodie
March 24th, 2009, 03:02 PM
My hair kinda gets that way too. More poufy than frizzy though. I think my shampoo is too cleansing causing it to dry out my hair or something... Do you use a gel shampoo or a creamy one?

Dreams_in_Pink
March 24th, 2009, 03:41 PM
My hair kinda gets that way too. More poufy than frizzy though. I think my shampoo is too cleansing causing it to dry out my hair or something... Do you use a gel shampoo or a creamy one?

At last!! a realistic comment about my hair XD i was wondering who would spot the puffiness first :p

I guess it's genetic... I used a good variety of shampoos but, didn't change a thing, so i gave up :D

JamieLeigh
March 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Wow, your hair is so beautiful and thick! I can't wait to see what it looks like long! :D Blogs can definitely be helpful...but I kind of keep forgetting I've started one. :o

princess
March 26th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Your hair looks great. Thick and shiny. Good for you.

morningstar
March 26th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Pretty hair with loads of shine. I do love the bob style, very cute. :)

Brat
March 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I usually don't like short hair, but that first pic is a super cute do!

Wish you lots of length soon, poor pony tail!

Nic's
March 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I'm exactly at the same length as you. I cut my hair short 8 months ago, and have been growing since. So lets grow together.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thank you everyone!!

I'm back!! with a color change :DD
I've always wanted to dye my hair, and finally i got around to actually going to the salon :cheese: I must say that this is the very first time i walked out the salon's door with a smile on my face:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/DSC03548.jpg

They used what's called "organic dye"...I don't know how organic it was but i'm very glad it didn't cause allergic reactions (I have allergy to PPD)

By the way, they didn't bleach my hair, as i only wanted one shade lighter.

Here's a before-after picture:

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/dreams_in_pink/compare.jpg

Pixna
April 13th, 2009, 10:10 AM
That's a BEAUTIFUL color!! They did a great job -- glad you are happy with it! :cheer:

Dreams_in_Pink
April 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
That's a BEAUTIFUL color!! They did a great job -- glad you are happy with it! :cheer:

Thank you! :) My hair feels quite smooth and easy to manage now.

This color has a ginger hue in it, which makes me think they used a little bit of hena...What do you think?

Pixna
April 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I don't know -- it's possible there was some henna in it. It does have a ginger hue -- very rich. It really does look great on your hair!!

zen_oven
April 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Great shine! Your hair is lovely! Enjoy your long hair journey. It can be trying at times, but trust the process. I was pretty impatient with my hair at first, but I'm finding myself enjoying the trip.

I've got a hair journal outside of LHC, though I'm finding myself with less time to update these days. Still, even if you don't update often, a journal can be really helpful with tracking your progress and the stuff you try. Albums are good too, though, and progress photos can be really satisfying.

melrose1985
April 14th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Wow, looks great! I must say i still think about going back to a bob cut and what you had is totally what i would do. It's so cute!

Happy growing!!!!