PDA

View Full Version : Haircut... (Long post and link/pic heavy)

Tap Dancer
March 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
So I've been at LHC for 4.5 years. I've had a lot of haircuts while I've been here. I did let my hair grow (no cuts or trims) for 1.5 years at one point, but I always go back to short. I like to change the length and style a lot. I think it's safe to say that I'm not a "true longhair" like most of you. I'm here because I love hair. I love looking at all the pretty pics and while I might dream of long hair for a while, it's not for me.

Two summers ago, I got a pretty cool cut. I only had it for about 2 months because I decided to go really short. That was a mistake, so I grew it out. But I keep thinking about that cut. The bottom of my hair was shoulder length and I had layers. My hair was thinned out a lot from the middle to the ends, layered, and razored. And I had bangs. My bangs didn't look great because I had cut them in myself, but if I get bangs again, I'll let Kim put them in so they'll be blended in with the haircut. Here are the pics that inspired the cut (I printed them and took them to Kim):

(photos removed because of possible copyright violations ~ please place links instead)

Her hair isn't thick like mine, which is why we thinned it.

Here are my pics. (I hardly had eyebrows then, but don't be scared. I have nice ones now. :lol:) I don't have many pics and some of them are a little blurry, but it'll give you an idea:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/52207a.jpg (After I came home from the salon.)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/52207b.jpg?t=1237813064 (This is from the same day. I just changed shirts.)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/61807a.jpg (Almost a month later.)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/61807b.jpg (A different angle.)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/imhere2dance/60107c.jpg (Pigtails was the way I'd wear it when I wanted to wear it "up." Nowadays I also have a huge collection of cute headbands.)

I'm a wash-and-go girl. My hair tends to flip up when it's shorter, so styling wasn't an issue for me. I didn't style my hair at all. Maintence won't be an issue, other than the bangs, which need to be trimmed and washed because they tend to get oily.

What do you think? Was it a good look? (I'm thinking a little shorter on the bottom this time.) Honest opinions, please. I won't get mad. :)

templeofvenus
March 23rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
I like it it is a really cute hairdo! if you fancy getting it done then go for it! but just make sure you really want it don't just go on a whim and regret it. I have had many hairdo's over the years because I love a change of image! thats why I am growing mine now as I have worn it in a short bob for a couple of years now, fringe then no fringe and now, I would love it long. Let us know if you go for it :)

KajiKodomo
March 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I like the cut on you. I think I like it a bit better a month later, but that's only because of the adorable pigtails, I think.

You should keep your hair however it makes you happy. I've gone back and forth on the long vs. short debate for years (I joined here in 2003 and my hair is above my shoulders currently...I keep getting almost to waist then chopping it all off again). Your hair is a personal thing, so if you like it short, keep it short! :D

amaiaisabella
March 23rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
It's definitely really cute. Are you still at shoulder now? It wouldn't be much of a change besides adding tons of layers.

You know your hair best and at which length it looks and feels the best. Only you can say whether it would be less hassle/more flattering for you at that length :)

spidermom
March 23rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Honestly, I don't much care for that cut, but you do have terrific hair. Enjoy it.

JamieLeigh
March 23rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I think it's super-cute, especially the pigtails! :)

I hope you realize that while most of us here love long hair, and would go to any lengths (;)) to grow it as far as possible, we would never chastise anyone who prefers it short. And if anyone on here does that, then they would be going against the open-mindedness needed to truly enjoy hair of all types, and I'm sure we want everyone here to feel at home and comfortable with what they have. Enjoy your hair any way you feel works best for you! :D

Pixna
March 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Truthfully, I don't care for the cut. I don't think it is flattering on you and it is also so limiting. But, it is ultimately your choice. I'd hate to see you do something you would regret -- it would take a long time to grow out.

Honey39
March 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not a massive fan of that style - you've got lovely hair and a pretty face, but to me, that style seems like it could go dangerous close to a mullet! Maybe if you shortened the length a wee bit? I guess it depends how easy it is to maintain etc.

lapushka
March 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
I think it's a cute haircut that suits you well, actually. Feeling good about yourself and having a haircut that suits you and that makes you feel on top of the world is the most important of all.

Roseate
March 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Overall, I think it's a cute look- I like it better in the month later pics, and I imagine it might look even better when the layers have moved down some. I think the layering starts a little too high in the back for my taste in the original cut pics, it looks better to me when the layers are further down.

The pigtails are adorable!

Tap Dancer
March 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for your opinions! :)

I'm not going to do anything for a while. The only thing holding me back is the bangs. We have humid summers and I really like not having bangs that stick to my forehead and need to be washed often. However, I like bangs. Grr! :p Maybe in the fall or in the future....

WritingPrincess
March 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
I think that cut is cute on you and really looks nice, especially the bangs. If you're absolutely sure you want to go that short, then go for it!

Isilme
March 23rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
I don't care much for the "fresh" cut, but I do like it in the pics a month later when it looks like it might be a bit darker:)

ReadingRenee
March 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Bangs in a hot humid climate are the WORST! I learned that the hard way last summer. I would wait at least til cooler weather if I was contemplating bangs again. :)

chelssix
March 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
I think it's pretty. And very similar to a style I once attempted, but I was not lucky enough to have it wash and go.
Even though this is a long-hair group, and I am growing my hair out, I still like a very wide range of styles, including short ones. (I've even had a lot of them!)

brok3nwings
March 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
i think you have an amazing hair and goes really well with your blue eyes! Haircuts and having long, medium, short hair is really a personal thing, so having this said i dont like that haircut... i have a problem with having ends going "out" (even mine eheh) and i dont like bangs with little hair in them, i like thick modern ones. But if you like it i think you should do it, your hair is really beautiful :)

Lady Lilya
March 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
I think it is a very flattering hairstyle on you. I like the pic from a month later the best, but I think that is only because there is more hair around your face. The flipped ends frame your face nicely.

FreakyGreenEyes
March 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM
It's kind of like a really grown out pixie cut that I had once (but I wasn't brave enough for bangs back then). I think it suits you and all in all it is versatile for hot summers!

Pegasus Marsters
March 23rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
It was a freaking adorable look. ^.^

Spike
March 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
The flippy ends are cute. However, I agree that the back needs to be a tich shorter--or more/shorter layers at the crown to keep it out of mullet territory.

Sorry, but that particular (mullet) do just sends me right back to my early high school days and the brand-spanking-new "laser" cut of short in front and shoulder in back. < shudders >

Acqua and mauve, anybody?? Miami Vice and Cheers?? < shudders again >

RavennaNight
March 23rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
I think it accentuates your great cheekbones! Cute cut.

justgreen
March 23rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
It's a cute cut and it suits you very well, but that is because you are and have an adorable face! But I do love your longer hair, it's so pretty....:o

Tap Dancer
March 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
It's interesting that everyone likes the style better a month after it was cut. In the first two pics, my hair was blowdried and styled at the salon. The other pics showed how my hair always looked when it air-dryed at home. I agree; hair looks better "natural" (without a lot of product in it). :)

I must be nuts. I spent the better part of a year growing my bangs out... I need to push on past this phase. I think it's boredom because I like to change my hair several times a year. Know that movie The Seven Year Itch? It's like I have "The 7 Week Itch" to cut. :lol:

In the future when I'd like to have bangs again, I think I might go back to that style again...or a similar one. If nothing else, I'll have it cut back to an inch above my shoulders later on. Maybe I can get a cute 70s look going. By the end of summer, I might have Elizabeth Montgomery hair: http://www.elizabethmontgomery.org/bw9_399x499.JPG :) (I like that length a lot too.)

jojo
March 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I think you have really thick, healthy hair and I also think the cut suits you. It wouldn't be my choice of cuts but then I look awful with short hair, your lucky it suits you either way.

Canarygirl
March 24th, 2009, 06:47 PM
that's a nice photo of Elizabeth Montgomery--pretty woman. I'd like to have that length/look myself. My hair is above the shoulders and layered now. I have a long way to go.

I think your APL hair is very pretty from the back. Does it suit your face? I haven't seen that angle

Tressie
March 24th, 2009, 09:13 PM
It's a cute hair style and you look adorable! That said, I think your hair looks awesome in your avatar too! Go with whatever makes you feel happy!