PDA

View Full Version : Six inches cut off - Pictures!

Helen Baq
March 23rd, 2009, 02:06 AM
My fiance trimmed off six inches, at my request. It might seem extreme, but I haven't had my hair trimmed in years and the bottom bits still have some damage from when my hair was in dreadlocks, so it was pretty thin and crispy.

I just washed my hair today, so it's extra floaty. It's not all smooth and glistening like everyone else's here, just light and wanting to float everywhere. :(

Also, I just switched to Avalon organic poo and conditioner today. I've become ridiculously sensitive to sulfates - they make my scalp burn, itch, and hurt. I'm really happy with the Avalon.

Sorry if the pics are too large. D:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2777&pictureid=34792 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2777&pictureid=34794

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2777&pictureid=34792

Rini
March 23rd, 2009, 02:10 AM
Wow...for having lost 6 inches of hair, it actually doesn't look like that much of a length difference (if that makes sense?). Really lovely blunt hemline you have there :D

jera
March 23rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
It looks really good. :D Your fiance is an awesome haircutter.

HeatherMae
March 23rd, 2009, 02:47 AM
I think it looks good too! I wish that my husband could cut my hair for me! You are very lucky.

LittleOrca
March 23rd, 2009, 03:19 AM
Your hair still looks lovely and in a years time you will have those six inches back with a nice hemline right across! :D I want to get a nice hemline as well when my shortest hairs have reached classic.

Elphie
March 23rd, 2009, 04:26 AM
I like how it's blowing in the breeze, it looks so pretty! Nice trim!

paper
March 23rd, 2009, 06:47 AM
It doesn't look like you lost 6". Nice healthy trim though, it looks great! :thumbsup:

Johanna64
March 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Wow,your hair looks very good!! :)

LadyLongLocks
March 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
It looks great and bet it feels so nice to have that thick blunt hemline!
Little trims when needed will help maintain. Great that you have your fiance to trim it for you!
I also use Avalon Organic shampoo sometimes and it works good. The smell isn't great but
knowing it is organic makes up for it.

spf4214
March 23rd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Your hair looks great. I have to agree that it doesn't look like 6 inches. I wish I had someone that good at cutting hair too.

SweetPea88
March 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Very nice! Your hair looks great. :)

KajiKodomo
March 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
It looks great! I echo that it looks like much less than 6 inches!

Helen Baq
March 23rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Wow...for having lost 6 inches of hair, it actually doesn't look like that much of a length difference (if that makes sense?). Really lovely blunt hemline you have there :D

It doesn't look like you lost 6". Nice healthy trim though, it looks great! :thumbsup:

Your hair looks great. I have to agree that it doesn't look like 6 inches. I wish I had someone that good at cutting hair too.

It looks great! I echo that it looks like much less than 6 inches!

You know, I'm really sorry! Those aren't before and after pictures. One was a little blurry, but had better lighting. I really didn't think to get a before picture. I don't think it would have looked like six inches, anyway, because my ends were so thin. :p

Thanks everyone! I'll pass the haircut compliments on to my fiance. He's been working up the confidence to be able to trim my hair, he'll love hearing that he did a great job from you all. :cheese:

It feels sooo much better since he cut it. I haven't had a trim in several years. I really noticed how much softer and nicer the ends are now when I was playing with the end of my braid this morning. Now I'm ready to see if I can get it all shiny and lovely like all your lovely locks. :)

JamieLeigh
March 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
I think it looks gorgeous! I bet it feels wonderful to have healthy, thick ends! I'm due for a trim myself...actually past due for it...but I think I'll wait a couple more months and maintain with what I have. :o

Your fiance did an excellent job! :D

AJoifulNoise
March 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think your hair looks lovely! I cut about 6 inches off last July to get rid of damage and thin ends. I know it's a sacrifice, but it's worth it!

Helen Baq
March 23rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks, everyone! I told my fiance that so many of you said he did a great job and he was really stoked! He said that gave him a lot of confidence. I think it made his day! :cheese:

Getting the ends cut has felt great and it's much easier to comb now. I was really tired of seeing split ends every time I looked at my hair. :)

princess
March 28th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Your hair looks awesome! I guess the six inches will grow back in time and the ends will healthier.

Good luck!