PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a time two years ago....

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Once Upon a time two years ago... A woman in her early 40's came to these parts and though she was looking for hair care tips for her two fair daughters saw head after beautiful head on ladies and gents of all ages.
Wistfully she started to think and to dream. Was it too late for her to have beautiful long hair? She never was able to do this before for reasons that were unknown to her. Is this really possible?
The woman finally decided to stop getting a cut and to also stop chemical coloring that was hurting her skin and breaking off her hair.
It took from Jan. to March to come up with a user name and a stubborn determination to succeed.....LOL That woman is me.

Here is the first picture, chemical dye and multi layered. Very brassy striped color.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/mfmorningstar/000_0001.jpg

The next is a picture with my first application of henna, there was no going back. Henna has made all the difference.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/mfmorningstar/100_0243.jpg

So my hair has been growing now for two years with henna applied now every two months. I use pujabi prime currently with lemon juice only. I do full head applications.

Last year my hair was like this:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/mfmorningstar/100_1438.jpg

Today I put on the same shirt and here it is almost at waist. My ultimate goal is hip.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/mfmorningstar/100_2905.jpg

I want to thank everyone here for the inspiration, the good information about hair care, the support and friendship too.
Many women in my circle have been blown away by the change in my hair, and in me. I have confidence in many aspects of my life and I owe it partly (mostly?) to you all and for giving me the courage to grow past 40. I am now 44 and I am proud to admit this. I love my hair for the first time since I was a kid. :D

To all you ladies/men that are lurking here today at this site and wonder if you can or did long hair pass you by?, I am here to say YES you can. :flowers:

Oh and also my partner decided to re grow his once waist length hair again. He is currently at APL. I have put indigo and henna in his hair as well.

Beatnik Guy
March 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
:bigeyes:

ClareDee
March 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Wow, the difference is huge between your first pic and last! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy :) Congrats on your 2-year anniversary! :toast:

julya
March 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Wow, that is some shiny gorgeous hair!

AJoifulNoise
March 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Wow, you've come a loooong way! Congrats!

janeytilllie
March 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
wow your hair is amazing! :thudpile:

Congrats on the growth, color and health of your hair :)

And happy 2 year anniversary! :flowers:

Yedda
March 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Oh my goodness, I can hardly believe the difference in that length of time! Congratulations!:)

SpecialKitty
March 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
I think in my 3 1/2 years here I have never seen such a dramatic turn-around. Not only did your hair grow incredibly fast, but the condition, color, and shine are mind-blowing. Congratulations for your wonderful success, morningstar! :toast: :applause: :flowers: :thudpile: :thud:

AprilElf
March 22nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
What a stunning difference, morningstar! Your hair is gorgeous! :thud:
Happy Anniversary! :flower:

cindy58
Your hair looks wonderful!

paper
Happy 2nd Anniversary morningstar! :flowers:

Your hair looks amazing!!! Just gorgeous!

enfys
March 22nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
That is utterly lovely. Please mail it to your former hairdresser!

Dvips
March 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
WOW!!! :thud:

xeternalsilence
March 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Gorgeous! :p

DragonLady
March 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Wow. I'm so happy you decided to grow it! It looks fantastic, and it sounds like you're feeling much better about your whole life. That's wonderful. :)

Elphie
March 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Truly stunning! What a dramatic metamorphosis your hair has gone through in two years!

harpyangel
March 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
WOW, it's hard to believe those pictures are all of the same head! Amazing!
Harpyangel xxx

TammySue
March 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Beautiful! Happy Anniversary! :toast:

suziwon
March 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Very very pretty! And impressive! Congrats on two years here. :)

long.again
March 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
WOW. What amazing hair. I would have never guessed hair like that came from the same head. You are an inspiration!

viking_quest
March 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Wow, your hair looks amazing. That is a total change from what it was before.

Nightshade
March 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Nine hells, woman, you've come a long way! :shocked:

Keep up the great work!

1nuitblanche
March 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Wow! Your hair has changed so much!! And it's absolutely stunning!! Way to go!

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Wow, what a difference 2 years of TLC (and TLHC ;)) can make! Congratulations on your anniversary, and on that beautiful growth! Henna looks wonderful on you, and here's to many more years and many more inches!! :toast:

gmdiaz
March 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
I am stunned and in awe of your success!

I would not have believed a person's hair could change so much! It's such a dramatic improvement.

What is your personal routine. . .and I want FULL details. FULL details, I tell ya! lol

Darian Moone
March 22nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Your hair is absolutely stunning! I can't believe how much it's grown (and your hemline looks great!)

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Carolyn
March 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Holy cow! Your hair is amazing! I had no idea it was so long. Wow, just wow!

rags
March 22nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Man, what a difference! I would never have guessed that was the same person! Your hair is stunning!

Morticia
March 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Soooooo gorgeous! Your hair is so shiny and glossy.

RavennaNight
March 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Beautiful progress! It looks like two different heads of hair, night and day. So would you say henna straightened your hair too? Really pretty shiny hair an the color is gorgeous!

EdG
March 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
A woman in her early 40's came to these parts and though she was looking for hair care tips for her two fair daughters saw head after beautiful head on ladies and gents of all ages. Morningstar, you have become one of those beautiful heads. Your hair is gorgeous! :agree:

Congratulations on two years! :)
Ed

dulce-de-leche
March 22nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!! your hair is gorgeous!!!I can't wait until my hair is beautiful like that.What an insipation!!!

SchnauzerMom
March 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Wow your hair looks gorgeous, quite a change!

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
I am almost teary eyed to see all the wonderful things you all have said. I want to thank you each and every one for just stopping by and making me feel so special tonight. :smooch: to you all. (I think I will celebrate my 3rd and 4th year in the next few weeks as well BTW)

Beatnik Guy Thanks for checking out my progress and for being one of those heads I saw two years ago. :razz:

Morningglory
March 22nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
:toast: You have done a great job growing out your locks Morningstar!!!

Addy
March 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
Your hair is gorgeous baby! GORGEOUS!

Congratulations!

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
ClareDee Thank you so much for visiting this thread and for the comment. :flower:

julya Thank you, so much. :)

AJoifulNoise Thanks for saying so it feels like I have come a long way. :flower:

janeytillie I have not had that (thudpile) emotican used on me very often. Thank you for saying such nice things. :smooch:

lenac I am also from Michigan...and there are others. :) Thank you for what you said here and in my profile page. :flowers:

SpecialKitty I thought my hair was growing slowly. I have been micro trimming every once in a while but decided to try to take better care of my ends as well.
The big drama was when I started using henna. Kimberlily called my bluff when I seemed a bit hesitant to try it. She sold me some of hers and sent it to me with complete instructions. Her kindness blew my mind and I was to discover that so many others are like this as well here. n:)
Before the henna I was trying coffee but it gave me a headache. I wanted to cover my grey hair and not use chemicals.

AprilElf Thank you so much. Your kind words made me smile. :flower:

cindy Thank you so much. I haven't seen you here in a long time. :) Perhaps another Michigan meet? :flower:

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
paper Thank you so much. I was thinking I haven't seen you around in a while. Hope you are well. :flower:

enfys snort... :rollin: Ah... my hairdresser was a sweet young thing. Last time she cut my hair she was about to give birth and get married all at once and really was not thinking about me or my hair. (can you believe that? LOL) My mom (retired beautician) would color my hair for me. She now loves my hair though henna scared her at first. I wonder what happened to my sweet young beautician?

ReddishRocks
March 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Congratulations on your gorgeous hair! Your photos are an inspiration. :D

SilverLocks
March 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
You are living proof of what good haircare can do. Simply amazing. And once upon a time,... I'm so glad you popped in here and decided to stay! :smooch:

Here's to many more years of growing together. :toast:

manderly
March 22nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Wow! I can't believe that's the same head of hair!! You sure you didn't bring in a "back of the head" double?

Fantastic :D

spidermom
March 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Good length and gorgeous color.

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Dvips Another one of "those" heads I saw back then. Thank you, :flower:

xeternalsilence Why thank you very much. :)

DragonLady Growing my hair has made all the difference. Who I am is a little different also though we all go through changes. My hair makes me feel happier. It really does.

Elphie Yes drama, story of my life. LOL Thank you for saying truly stunning. :smooch: Henna henna and oh....henna. :disco:

harpyangel LOL all those heads are mine. I think what happened is that my hair a year prior to the first brassy and dry hair pic. was dark but shorter. I was starting to get a few grey hairs and I was thinking I needed a change (I had a big tragedy in my life and wanted to erase the old me) I had always wanted red hair. Red chemical color is hard to keep and it seemed to fade out quickly. It also smelled so bad and I am delicate. :D I had so much breakage and when I quit the chemicals I started getting all this new growth. I think I used the chemical reads for about 4 months. I knew I had to find an alternative. :flower:

TammySue Thank you sweet lady and of course you were one of those heads I saw and were inspired by. You continue to inspired me as well. :flowers: Thank you.

suziwon Thank you so much. There is still so much for me to learn here. :)

long again You have no idea how much that means to me. :smooch: I hope some woman or man is out there and wants to try to have something they always wanted but was afraid it was too late for. If that sounds ridiculous to some especially a person who is younger it is because society seems to still think women (especially I am afraid) should cut and not have something sensual or youthful or what ever it is. I am not buying into it. I have found this site full of others that feel as I do as well. You all are my inspiration and cheerleaders and keep me focused on what I see for myself not what someone else has decided for us women 40 +. I have become myself here. I am the little cat that learned to roar. :D

Jessikinz
March 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Good gracious that is some healthy shiny hair! I'm just in awe of your hair. It's definitely wow factor. Such amazing growth :)

Cinnamon Hair
March 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Your hair looks beautiful Morningstar. The before and after are unbelieveable! ...But I must know, where you able to find any hair care tips for your daughters? :)

justgreen
March 22nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
You look like Morticia's sister from the back! :flowers: again!

Silver Grace
March 22nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Ohhhhhhh!!!!! Simply beautiful!!!

Darian Moone
March 22nd, 2009, 09:27 PM
You look like Morticia's sister from the back! :flowers: again!

I was thinking the exact same thing! :D

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
viking_quest A million thank yous my friend. :wink: :D

Nine hells, woman, you've come a long way! I almost (almost mind you) wet myself with that one. LOL
[b]Nightshade You... taught me so much about henna. I honestly thought I was going to have hair like yours when I got to the two year mark. I had no idea my hair would revert to dark again. It was so nice and bright at the first few henna applications. So funny when I think about it. My avatar and your hair, my dream hair. I have looked at your hair so many times wistfully. Every picture you would post made me sigh...:D I mean every word but I have had a glass of wine...:smooch:

1nuitblanche thank you so much. There are so many people here I have not met yet and I am quite taken with all these wonderful comments. :flowers:

JamieLeigh Well look at you with those beautiful locks. :D I think the real shock is seeing the old hair so dry and damaged and the change in one year. The second year has just been growing and trimming. It is a shock for me to see the pictures side by side.

gmdiaz :smooch: Full details? You will be bored I assure you. I wash with L'oreal Vive Pro and use the condish as well. It is a hot pink bottle for medium to long hair that is fine. I have fine hair. I am also in love with Biolage conditioning balm by Matrix. I use cheap condish to remove my henna like VO5 green tea. I have been known to use Aussie Three minute miracle condish also. I also have damaged ends as the chemical hair is not completely out yet. Henna did not/ will not restore hair to an undamaged state but will coat the cuticle and make it "seem" fixed. My hair is the fine slippery type. I love cones. It makes my hair shiny and slick. This is not good for hair sticks or forks and I rarely wear my hair up. I live in Michigan and I love have warm hair on my neck. I also do not look good with updos so I just don't wear them often. Perhaps when my hair is longer and I have bigger buns. :bigeyes: :D
I also love poo bars once in a while when I want thick hair that feels like iii instead of my ii hair thickness. It is amazing how poo bars and vinagar rinses make phat hair. :D

I do not take any vitamins at present except for evening oil of primrose. I use a blow fryer also. I do not straighten my hair though. I use the blow fryer because I am cold and hate having cold wet hair but I dry the roots and not the length. In the warmer seasons I never use it and it drys naturally. I like jojoba oil and that is the only one. I have tried others and though they are good they are not for my fine hair. I only use jojoba oil on my ends and only once in a while like a night before I will wash I will coat my braid tassels. I have two inches of dry ends that need to come off some day. sigh...
I started braiding my hair at night. One braid or two. I enjoy the waves but they do not last nor does rollers. I have a set of foam rollers and I tossed the velcro ones I bought years ago.
Even my henna mix is pretty boring. I use lemon juice and hot water in my mix and that is it.

Starr
March 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM
Congradulations on two years Morningstar! The hair transformation that you've made is truly amazing and proof that good hair care makes all the difference. There is no in my mind that your story will inspire someone out there who's not quite sure, just like you continue to inspire all of us here already.:flowers:

Seraphina
March 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Wow ! Your hair is incredibly beautiful.Good job : )

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Miss Darian Moone :D I thank you. OMG when I first came here and saw your hair and then met you also. Your hair and face and sweet personality all match up. The truth about this place is that you can meet up with some fine peeps. :) This is one of them. :wink:

Carolyn dear you have always been one of those women who's hair I admire. I also admire you as a person. I hope you circle back to Michigan soon for a Vernors with me. Thank you. :flower:

rags Your hair is so pretty right now so it might not seem so drastic when you grow. My hair was really dry and damaged and fried. Honestly I had a couple of years of total neglect when it came to my hair. I do know for about a year straight I just used a scrunchy on it in a ponytail.

Morticia Thank you dear. :smooch: Mark saw your hair and said wow, your hair almost looks like hers. What a compliment. :D I remember thinking two years ago how much I loved your hair and user name. Morticia Adams was my long hair hero as a kid. My mom spoke french and my dad used to kiss her arm...:D I am so glad to have gotten to know you better, btw I have to wear sunglasses when looking at your hair.

RavennaNight Thank you dear. Has henna straightened out my hair? Well I would leave that up to a henna expert to answer but I will say this: my hair was poker straight as a child. It seemed to find some curl after having my 3 kids but only when cut in layers. I had perm after perm after bloody perm as a teen (hey it was the 80's) I stopped doing this in the 90's but my hair seemed very straight. My late husband liked my hair shorter and as he called it "sassy." I think once the layers grew out and the henna coatings began it started to straighten out. I still have a kink in the back on the left so it is not always straight. So I will recap so I know I answered you. Henna, and longer hair has made it straighter. I think it would have probably had some more wave to it with out henna but henna will be part of my hair for a long long time I think.

morningstar
March 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Ed Oh my you are really one of my inspirations in male form. Thank you :flowers: you are also one of the kindest souls I have met here. I am truly humbled.

dulce-de-leche OMG your hair is more than gorgeous now. iii thickness and curls to boot? Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saying what you said. Sweet. :)

SchnauzerMom Thank you dear lady. I miss you and I don't see you often here anymore. I need to get out of my blogs. :flowers: Thanks again it means so much to me.

Morninglory thank you. :smooch: when ever I see you and I in the same thread or blog It confuses me. I also wish I was Morningstar with a capital M. LOL Thanks so much.

Addy Well thanks Babe! I love PA. BTW. :D I lived there for two wonderful years and have been visiting family there for my whole life.

ReddishRocksThanks so much. I hope to inspire someone to grow long if it is their hearsts desire. :)

SilverLocks :smooch: oh and meeting people like you means Happily ever after to me. Thank you for being a true inspiration to me. Your hair has always been beauty in my mind.

RancheroTheBee
March 22nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Oh.

My.

GOD.

Your hair looks unbelievable! It's so thick and shiny. You're a real inspiration!

:cheese:

Robbi Dehlinger
March 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
What can one say but...NIIIIIIIIICE!:)

Rebelkat
March 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
:agape:
WOW! That's an absolutely incredible transformation, morningstar! Congratulations on the progress.

AnnaMarie
March 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
:flower: Congratulations, what a difference!

Elenna
March 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
Everyone is thinking the same thing here: wow. Your hair color, health and texture is stunning.

Melisande
March 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
From one 44year old to another: yes, it's amazing how a supportive network can help to overcome the prejudices of societies that kept us back. Your story is my story - without the boards, I would never have dared to return to my longhaired self...

Your hair is absolutely stunning - full, shiney, gorgeous. Two years is not a very long time but the difference is spectacular.

Alaskanheart
March 23rd, 2009, 12:32 AM
Wow Morningstar! I have always admired your hair and it is a great inspiration that you have come sooooo far in 2 years. Congrats, and heres to the next 2 years!

SimplyLonghair
March 23rd, 2009, 12:35 AM
Your transformation looks like you took a magic wand and went :magic:
:agape:

:thud:
:thudpile:

LHC saved my hair too so I know what you mean!:cheese:

Feye
March 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM
Oh wow!! Your hair is looking gorgeous!!

Rini
March 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM
Just amazing...thank you so much for sharing those pics. I think it will inspire many many people. You have such amazing shine and thickness. Henna truly is so wonderful for improving condition. Well done :flowers:

Silverlox
March 23rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
Woohoohoo!!! That's a major transformation! :blueeek::thud::agape:

So very gorgeous! Simply stunning. How utterly fitting to start this thread in a fairytale style of way, since you truly have fairytale hair! :bowtome:

Helen Baq
March 23rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
Wow! Your hair is so gorgeous! :bigeyes:

templeofvenus
March 23rd, 2009, 01:51 AM
totally amazing!!!!!!!:)

Debra83
March 23rd, 2009, 01:52 AM
UN. BELIEVABLY. AWESOME!!! WOW!

if my hair changes even to just half of your condition, I'll be estatic. AMAZING!!! Good job. Keep up the good work, and the photo updates!!! ;)

Gutterfayrie
March 23rd, 2009, 02:12 AM
wow!!!!!!!!

Good growing!!!
It looks beautiful!!!!!!!!

crikey
March 23rd, 2009, 02:13 AM
wow! would you look at that shine! That's an absolutely stunning transformation. Congratulations.

aisling
March 23rd, 2009, 02:15 AM
What a big change! Your hair looks very beautiful and it's soo close to waist.

jeno
March 23rd, 2009, 02:32 AM
What a fantastic change!

jessie58
March 23rd, 2009, 02:33 AM
Morningstar, your hair is absolutely beautiful and so long now.

brok3nwings
March 23rd, 2009, 03:01 AM
Your hair is looking amazing! congratulations! I think i could never imagine that such a diffference would be possible, your hair is so shiny now :)

Teazel
March 23rd, 2009, 03:23 AM
Oh wow, Morningstar, there is such a difference between your hair then and now - what a testimonial for LHC! :rockerdud

Congratulations, you have an absolutely beautiful head of hair. :flowers:

GlassEyes
March 23rd, 2009, 03:33 AM
o-o

That's an impressive difference. ^_^ Your hair looks lovely.

And it gives me hope because, even though my hair is NOTHING like yours, the color from henna is pretty much the same. xDDD;

Emme76
March 23rd, 2009, 03:48 AM
WOW - just amazing.
Makes me want to try henna. I havenīt had the nerve for it so far.
Maybe I will try it....

DavidN
March 23rd, 2009, 04:16 AM
Congratulations, my friend, on your 2 year anniverasry at the LHC, and what a joy it has been getting to know you!:flowers:

Look at that wonderful transformation in your hair, and it is so shiny and healthy! I am sure that you will have no trouble achieving your goal, with those thick and even ends!

LisaS.
March 23rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
Stunning, but I love your hair in all the photos! Always beautiful. Love those waves!

Amoretti
March 23rd, 2009, 04:35 AM
Your hair is simply amazing, Morningstar! :thud:

Your time spent here has been a pleasure for us all. Not only have we seen you grow an amazingly beautiful head of hair but we've also been lucky to know you, the person. I am so happy you joined, my friend!!! :smooch:

Arctic
March 23rd, 2009, 04:56 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! I really love how your coloured ends look like, they are really nice and look intentional :) You have been a wonderful friend here!

rach
March 23rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
looks amazing , such a change

Dolly
March 23rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

levelek
March 23rd, 2009, 05:44 AM
morningstar your hair is stunning! :agape: That last picture actually reminds me of Morticia's! Now let me scramble for my sunglasses. Did the henna make it so straight? You seemed to have a lot of wave in the first photos. (I haven't read the comments yet so you've probably already answered that :))

Oh, and :thud: :crush:

levelek
March 23rd, 2009, 05:57 AM
[snip] :smooch: to you all. (I think I will celebrate my 3rd and 4th year in the next few weeks as well BTW) [snip]

ROFL!! :lol: You know the hair is nice and all, but this is why you will never be allowed to leave (cue ominous background music :D) You are one of the funniest and most genuine people.

almudena
March 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
O-M-G :bigeyes: Your hair is looking wonderful, fabolous, amazing, GORGEOUS :thud:
Congrats!!!! :flowers:

bttrfly857
March 23rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Just want to say what everyone else is, LOL, you're hair looks great! So much improvement from the first to the more recent :)

pgw
March 23rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
morningstar your hair is stunning! :agape: That last picture actually reminds me of Morticia's!

I remember commenting a while back to morningstar that she and Mortica were hair twins. Morningstar, your hair is awesome!

spf4214
March 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Congratulations morningstar. Thats fantastic hairgrowth and improvement in condition.

KajiKodomo
March 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Wow, what a dramatic change! Your hair is gorgeous! :D

Stacy_E
March 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Wow, your hair is looking great! What a major difference from 2 years ago...your hair is looking so long and thick and healthy...much healthier than your first picture! Congratulations!

eresh
March 23rd, 2009, 09:02 AM
What a difference!!
Your hair looks really good now and the colour is amazing!

burns_erin
March 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Lovely, your hair is just absolutely lovely. And congratulations on your two years!

DarkChocolate
March 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Your hair looks wonderful:) I looks like it could be in a Pantene commercial without further processing of course:)
Congrats on your progress and I love the henna/indigo color:)

Heidi_234
March 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Like everybody else said - amazing transformation. This is for anybody that might think LHC ways of hair care are crazy. They aren't, they work!
Anyway, There's a big difference in color from you first henna to the two years later pic, did you got this from henna alone? In roughly 12 applications?

Christina
March 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
wow - 2 years!?!?!?

Your hair is so dark and shiny and gorgeous! Congratulations! :flower:

Centeredgirl1
March 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Wow, major difference. Beautiful.

jel
March 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
It's sooooo shiny! Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! :flowers:

Dreamernz
March 23rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
OMG OMG OMG YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US!!!! WOW!!!!!:hifive:Congratulations I have never seen such quick and drastic progress!!!!Welldone!!!!:D:D:D

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
manderly LOL thanks for the laugh. :D and the compliment :flower:

[b]
You sure you didn't bring in a "back of the head" double?

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
spidermom :flowers: Thank you. :)

Jessikinz I am really overwhelmed with all the nice things said about my hair yesterday and today. I really thank you. :)

Cinnamon Hair
..But I must know, where you able to find any hair care tips for your daughters? Yes I have found plenty of things, but their hair is completely different from my own hair. They have thicker hair iii and it is corser and has more wave. It is also a different color. I recently trimmed about 5" off their hair and it is now at waist. One still talks about getting it cut to shoulder. :)
Thank you by the way for your support. As always I am in awe of your hair, and have been since day one. :flower:

Justy and Darian Mark thought the same way, but Morticia has iii hair and mine is ii and only if I use poo bars and vinegar rinses for a month can I claim iii and only after a wash but not to last more than two days. LOL I have not seen Morticia's hair in person but if I would bank on it that her ends are thicker than mine.

Gee folks I sure hope I am not deceiving anyone. My hair looked decent in the last recent photo but my ends are thin and I could certainly part with 2" inches to make it even more healthy. I am now determined to trim twice a year though so that it grows more than I trim.

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Starr Thank you dear and I hope my hair does give someone the courage. As we get older we tend to lose some of our confidence. I have decided to keep living my life as I please and not let my self feel like a has been. I hope there is another soul like myself out there that can use a :cheer: :D

princess
March 23rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
:flowers:Your hair looks so lovely. It has really grown and is so shiny and silky compared to the first picture. Congratulations

I have a question. What did you do to make it so straight?

LutraLutra
March 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
How lovely and inspiring. morningstar, your hair looks fabulous. :)

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Seraphina That is very sweet of you, I thank you. :) oh and I love your avatar it is one of my favorites.

RancheroTheBee Oh I thank you! :flowers: You are so sweet.

Robbi I haven't seen you in a while. :flowers: and thank you so much! :smooch:

Rebelkat Thank you for looking and the very sweet compliment. I haven't seen you around in a while. :)

AnnaMarie Thanks for checking me out and thank you. :flowers:

Elenna Thank you for those kind words. The health of my hair changed when I quit using the chemicals and started the henna. Other than my occasional blowfryer...I am sorta kind to it.

Melisande Yes without the support of this wonderful community this would not have happened for me. Goodness knows what I would look like now. :( I have not had long hair since I was a young girl. It was dark and slippery smooth as it is now.

I started perming when I was in 8th grade and did this until 30. When my hair became natural again but still short everyone thought I was coloring my hair dark.

I started to dye it red less than 5 years ago. I am now with some fires around the roots and where the damage is on the bottom from the henna. The dark hair seems darker but in the light it looks brown.
Thank you. :flower:

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Alaskanheart Thank you dear. :smooch: It is funny but the real change happened all the first year. Quickly my hair changed. Now I just micro trim and grow. I keep thinking it grows slowly.

melikai
March 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Your hair looks incredible - amazing shine!

Johanna64
March 23rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Wow,you sure are an inspiration to me!!
Your hair is so healthy,shiny and fast growing :)

MountainGypsy
March 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Beautiful hair, beautiful inspiration, beautiful woman...congratulations! :flower:

Katla
March 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Your hair looks amazing! Way to go - that's some great inspiration there :toast:

Drynwhyl
March 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
MY, that is a big change (for the positive ofc ^^)

RustedAngel
March 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
A lot of people in business school told me that it would be sooo hard for me to get a job with long hair. I got a job just over 1 month after graduating, and my hair that is well past my shoulder blades now. :D

darkwaves
March 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Absolutely beautiful -- and the shine, the shine!!!

ChatoyantLocks
March 23rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
This is the first time I've gotten a chance to use this icon: :thudpile:

That is an absolutely amazing transformation!!!

lora410
March 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
:disbelief:thud: your hair is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
SimplyLonghair It feels like magic when I think of what it was and what it is now. Thank you for your kind words. :flowers:

Feye OMG thank you and that means so much coming from you. :flowers:

Rini When I first saw the siggy I thought, "Hey I have seen that pretty face before", :hmm: and then of course I saw your username. I still see you as my vision of henna beauty. You and Nightshade along with Kimberlily inspired me back in the beginning. Thank you for coming here to support me. Your siggy is lovely. :flower:

Silverlox :) thank you so much. I love happy endings also. :)

Helen Bag Thank you for the compliment, it has made my day.

templeofvenus thank you and welcome to the LHC. I love this place. :heart:

Debra83[b] I hope to keep growing as well. You can do it also. Patience is something I had to learn here. It will happen when you are not looking. :)

[b]Gutterfayrie Thank you for the comment. It had made my day and night. :)

crikey :D Thank you so much.

morningstar
March 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
aisling You are so sweet and kind. I am so happy we met here. :kitten: Hurray for almost at waist!

Arctic_Mama
March 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Wow! It's like two completely different heads of hair! Beautiful and so encouraging for those of us with lots of damage starting out :)

Tressie
March 23rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Where is that little "Thud guy"??? Wowee, girl, your hair was lovely before, but now it's stunning!!! Congratulations on your second anniversary!! You have arrived I'd say!! (o:

DaveDecker
March 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
A wonderful story. :thumbsup: Now that's change we can believe in! ;)

Velvettt
March 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
What everyone else has said. :agree: All 12 pages of it. :applause:

Ruka
March 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
your hair is BEAUTIFUL now! =] what a change

JessicaVonMaim
March 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
:thumbsup: Your hair looks amazing. I love the beautiful waves you have. Congratulations!

goodluckcharm
March 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Wow! So beautiful! You give me hope for my own hair.

FreakyGreenEyes
March 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
:magic: I love your hair! What a difference from when you first joined. Happy growing!!

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM
jeno Thank you for the compliment. :)

jessie58 Thank you, :flower:

brok3nwings Thank you so much. The first time I put henna on it seemed to change the whole head of hairs. LOL :)

Teazel Oh Thank you for saying something as lovely as that. The LHC has been very good to me and my hair. I remember looking at your hair enough and dreaming. :)

GlassEyes It has been a while since I have seen your hair, and I was looking for a pictrue in your profile and couldn't find one. I remember your wonderful curls though. :) I had no patience with my hair for a long long time. I still get frustrated because I want waist length now and I know I will have to trim the bad ends in about 5 months. Henna is a wonderful thing for us....:disco:

AutumnLeaves
March 24th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Morningstar, dahlink, your hair is simply divine, my sweet! It truly has come a long way and I hadn't realized it had changed so very much. Look at that shine! And it looks thicker too. And sleek! And you got your M to go along for the ride too? He's just so awesome! Love you, my friend!

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Emme76 Thank you. :flowers: Learn all that you can from all the serious henna people here. I say serious because they know the science and the mixes and you should find someone who has the same base color that you have so you know what sort of read you will have. My hair looked red and the damaged parts sucked up the color of course. My base has always been dark brown since childhood. I really thought it would stay bright but it darkened with so many henna applications. I never do root only. I have never used indigo either. Your hair very pretty from your avatar. The color is rich.

David Yes growing my hair has been fun here and all but knowing such a kind person as yourself made the experience the sweeter. :flowers:

Lisa.S Thank you for the compliment. I guess you like the waves I had. Past tense I am afraid. I loved them too. I really do not blame the henna since my layers grew out the hair just straightens out. When it is cut in layers I have some waves. I think that is true for lots of folks who seem straight. :flowers:

Amoretti I didn't know two years ago that I would make real friendships here but I knew right from the start that you not only have beautiful hair but a beautiful heart as well. :flowers:

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Arctic Thank you dear lady. Yes we share more than just a love of long hair. :flower: I think of you often while I am logged on here.

Loviatar
March 24th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I missed this thread! Morningstar how far your hair has come, it is so thick and healthy and just gorgeous now! The colour really suits you too :)

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
rach Thanks so much. Welcome to the boards. :flower:

Dolly Thank you. :D If I could though, I would trade heads with you any day of the week. You have the color and curls I have wanted for a very long long time. I used to pop the heads off my Barbie dolls when I wanted them to have a new hair look. Hold on to your head woman and run....:D :nono: :D

bte
March 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Wonderful story, wonderful progress, and an inspiration to all. Any pictures of your partner?

Loviatar
March 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I meant to ask I just noticed that you say you do full head hennas each time. Do you have problems with colour banding or lighter roots? it doesnt look like you do, but I would have imagined the multi-layered henna length would be darker than the roots... could you advise? Thanks :)

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 06:53 AM
levelek
You know the hair is nice and all, but this is why you will never be allowed to leave (cue ominous background music )

Because you know how to cue the ominous background music you know I will never be able to go. (hears Cellos and Basses in D minor and the sound of shears....oh the humanity!!!)

Oh and poor Morticia LOL you all are going to make her want to :pins: me. Her hair is ten times thicker. Look at her ends. No don't look at her ends...cause that ain't polite at all. :D I am really a goon. :(

morningstar
March 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
levelek I forgot something...:smooch: and I do use the blowfryer but not to straighten but only cause I hate having a cold head. I use it on my roots. The henna probably straightened it out but also losing the layers had much to do with this as well. :)

Hairstorm
March 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Happy anniversary, Morningstar! You and your hair are so lovely! You are truly an inspiration!

Lucky
March 24th, 2009, 09:54 AM
What an inspiration! Your hair is beautiful, I love the shine! Congratulations on your progress!

birthmarkie
March 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
morningstar, I have always loved your hair and you were a major inspiration for me to join soon after I began lurking. Thank you so much for sharing the progress of your wondrous locks. :flower:

Xandergrammy
March 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
How did I miss this thread??? Happy Anniversary, sweet lady. Your hair transformation is jaw dropping. I hope there comes a day when I can see that hair with my own eyes. :flowers:

jojo
March 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
What a huge difference to not only the outstanding health it radiates but the length you have grown is amamzing, if ever there was an advert for reasons to not cut hair you are it!

Congratulations, you are a true inspiration. x

joyfulmom4
March 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM
All I can say is WOW! Morningstar, your hair is just gorgeous and all the TLC you've put into it certainly shows. You've got such lovely shine and your length looks so healthy. Congrats on your two year anniversary.

alyssa111
March 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
You have given me hope, thanks morning! Beautifulllllllllll hair!!!

Teacherbear
March 24th, 2009, 08:53 PM
HOLY SMOKES, woman!!!! Your beginning hair and current have don't look remotely alike! BEUATIFUL!

shayly-fyanna
March 25th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Beautiful hair! amazing what just a couple of changes can make. and a couple of years to do them. lovely color, shine and length.

KnightsLady
March 25th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Wow, beautiful! Truly inspirational.

Islandgrrl
March 25th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Hi Morningstar! Wow...what an amazing difference in your hair! You've really come a long way and your hair looks fabulous.

Here's to women over 40 with long hair! It's never too late!

NiAosSi
March 25th, 2009, 06:53 AM
How pretty! And, shiny!

morningstar
March 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
almudena thank you so much and you know you are one of my hair heros. :)

bttrfly857 :) Thanks for the wonderful comment.

pgw LOL thanks so much that is so very kind. :flowers:

spf4214 Thanks I am really blown away with all the nice comments.

KajiKodomo Thank you. This is the best my hair has looked since I was 7. LOL

Stacy_E Hi Stacy, It has been a while since I have seen you and your hair has really gotten long also. Wow. :) thanks for the nice comment.

morningstar
March 26th, 2009, 08:01 PM
eresh Thanks, :) I love my henna.

burns_erin Thank you so much. :flower:

DarkChocolate A pantene commercial? blush.... Thanks :flower: I use henna but no indigo. My hair was always darker and the damaged hairs became dark with over 24 henna applications. wow over 24?

Heidi_234 Thanks Heidi, I would have to really try to figure this out about the henna. I started using it a month after I joined and so after two years of using henna once a month it would now be 24 full head applications. The first time I used henna I loved it so much I did it ever two weeks for the first 3 months. 24+ applications of henna. LOL

Christina Thank you so much. :flower:

Centeredgirl1 Thanks for making my day. It reallly means a lot to me. :)

jel Thanks of woman of beautiful henna red. LOL

Dreamernz :wink: I never thought in a million years my hair would recover. I had no idea what color it would turn out to be. Thank you for the sweet comment. :flower:

AutumnSky
March 26th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Wow! What a difference two years has made for you! Shiny, long, healthy....GORGEOUS!
Happy Anniversary!

morningstar
March 26th, 2009, 08:12 PM
princess Thank you. :) Some people say that henna straightens your hair and to that I think probably it is true. My hair though was always straight as a child. It never would hold a curl and I had to fight it to stay curled. I permed it to death or near death and it lightened and broke off in return. I do blow it dry when it is cold but only at the roots and not the ends. My ends are still damaged. It looks straight even in the summer when I let it air dry. I am getting use to it now and do not wish to fight it anymore. :flower:

LutraLutra Thanks so much. I am glad to be an inspiration to someone. :)

melikai Thanks and I love the color of your hair. So pretty. Like honey.

Johanna64 Thank you and my hair seems slow growing. :) We are the same age.

MountainGypsy Oh you....you are one sweet Gypsy gal. :D Thanks dear.

Katla Thanks for the wonderful comment. It means so much to me. I never thought my hair could generate this response. :)

Drynwhyl :) :) thanks I am so humbled by all this praise. :)

skay
March 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM
What a transformation!

Look at all that length and the condition & color looks wonderful. Congrats! :)

DiyaC
March 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM
As I scrolled down from the first picture to the last my jaw kept dropping lower and lower and now I'm going :agape:. That is some difference. You have absolutely gorgeous hair, and you've given me the courage to keep going. I'm rather frustrated with my hair right now but those pictures keep popping up in my head and tell me I should not cut. Thank you morningstar.

dolcevita
March 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Stunning!! What kind of henna do you use?

s_tresses
March 27th, 2009, 08:18 PM
whoa that really IS a fairytale. You must have tremendous growth rate. Howcome you've lost the curl, because of the henna??

MermaidGirl
March 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
That is simply remarkable progress in a relatively short period of time Morningstar! Good for you!

susiemw
March 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
WOW, your hair is beautiful!!

The change is inspirational. Thanks so much for posting!

Susan

Chrissy
March 28th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Oh your hair is so beautiful!!! Really even in the first picture your hair looks rather good. Nice and thick. But it has improved more and more as the years go by. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

Chrissy
March 28th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Well after reading lots of posts about how different/better your hair looks I wanted to say. Even though I said your before hair didn't look that bad what I meant is it looked like great hair to start with. It does look much better now since you are taking better care of it.

Just had to clarify that! :)

morningstar
March 30th, 2009, 07:30 AM
RustedAngel Hurray for having long hair at work. I think things might be getting easier for long hair in the work place. :)

darkwaves The shine makes my hair so slippery that I can not do much as far as updos. I have to use the poo bars for a week or two to get the tooth needed for hair sticks. Thanks though for your kind words. :)

ChatoyantLocks Thank you for using that icon on me. You have 52" hair and I am sure I would fall over if I saw it down. :)

lora410 Thanks so much. I love your hair too btw. Very pretty.

Arctic_Mama Thanks for that. It is like two different heads. I am like a different person also these days. I feel like a transformer. LOL There is damage and it is being slowly cut out a fraction at a time.

Tressie Thank you :flower: It looks bad right at this moment so I feel deceptive. The picture looked much better. :)

DaveDecker Well you know Dave, I will not rest until I have hair like Renee Russo did back in the 70's hair advertisement. It is the image that has been burned into my brain all these years. It is all I want. :D

Vel :smooch: :)

morningstar
March 30th, 2009, 07:37 AM
RukaThanks for looking and the very nice compliment :).

JessicaVonMaim Well my waves are gone these days but still thanks. :)

goodluckcharm Having Patience is what kept me going. I still have far to go for my goal.

FreakyGreenEyes Thank you so much. It seems like a dramatic transformation. Next year should be the same but longer...I hope.

Sherry Thank you for being so darn sweet. :)

morningstar
April 6th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I just came back to say thanks again for all the kind things said here.
My health has kept me from finishing my thank you replies. I'm sorry. All of it meant a lot to me. :)

Tookii
February 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM
My jaw literally fell to the floor when I saw the third picture! You have gorgeous hair and you have come a long way :)

skaempfer
February 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Wow. This thread sandwiched my entrance into LHC- you made the original post before I joined, and the follow-up afterward; otherwise, I probably never would have seen it.
You are proof positive that it can be done! Your hair looks fantastic. :cheese:

PiroskaCicu
February 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Wow!!! Your hair has progressed so much. It is beautiful! Congratulations :D :flower:

Taika
February 8th, 2011, 08:39 AM
amazingly beautiful...:blossom:

utdesertrunner
February 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
That is an amazing change! Wow, your hair is gorgeous!

Intransigentia
February 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Only one thing to say:

Daaaaayum.
:thudpile:

Rocket22
February 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Well this is a very old thread, but still inspiring! love the change and to see it makes me know I can be that person someday. I can't wait! :)

Issmene
February 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Woah, that's a huge different. Really pretty (and shiny :O) Congrats :)

Medievalmaniac
February 8th, 2011, 10:21 AM
you have truly had a transformational experience - congratulations!!

SummerSkye
February 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
WOW! What a change! Totally inspiring and gives me great hope, well done!

honeyblonde
February 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Wow!! Lovely story, beautiful hair!! :applause Well done!!!

kitschy
February 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Beautiful transition - Congratulations!

sugarpixie10988
February 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Wow, what an amazing difference! Your hair is so beautiful and shiny. I love your color.

Anywhere
February 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Very, very pretty. Such an improvement. :D

ETA: just realized how old this thread is. :oops:

Chamy
February 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
:thud: The difference is humongous! Im absolutely chocked, is that the same persons hair? Congratulations on a beautiful head of hair Morningstar. :)

scorpio_rising
February 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
:thud:
Totally inspiring!

cinemax
February 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Your hair looks so good. You look like a different person from behind!!:cool: I'm hoping to have a drastic change like yours!!! Congratulations!!!!!:cheese:

BeachBabe91
February 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM
WOWOWOWOW, your hair is... gorgeous!!! I am amazed by your progress. I hope this isn't offensive, but from behind, you look like you're in your early 20's!

Cailie
February 8th, 2011, 05:35 PM
You are living proof of what good haircare can do. Simply amazing.

I agree !!! This is an AMAZING hair transformation !! Happy growing and keep up the good work !

maxzeen
February 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM
What a big difference! Beautiful hair and congrats!

Fufu
February 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Happy 2 years hairanniversary :) Your hair grows fast and the difference is WOWZA, beautiful, gorgeous looking hair.

Just realised this thread is back in 2009. Your hair is stunning..

kmangus
February 8th, 2011, 10:36 PM
You have thud-worthy hair my dear!! Simply gorgeous!

PrincessBob
February 8th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Good growing!

HintOfMint
February 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM
The shine is blinding! Your hair is beyond lovely.

Avital88
February 8th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Shiny hair , thick with a good hemline..You look yonger from the back already haha. Very good job and happy growing towards your goal.

Debra83
February 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Awesome!!! Something to strive for, for sure!!! Henna'g a whole two months apart? Wow. Still made quite a difference, eh?

jackiesjottings
February 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Well done and your hair is looking fab :)

horseprincess
February 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! =]

jujube
February 9th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Wow. The change is simply amazing. gasp.

Lianna
February 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
What a change! Your hair looks so pretty and shiny now. :flower:

rosek
February 10th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Oh wow, what an amazing transformation! Your hair looks so beautiful!

April1
February 10th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Youve really given me some hope to grow my hair.....thats whats so great about ths place. Yours looks so healthy and shiny, and that colour is lovely.

rena
February 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Holy nuts what a transformation!!! Color me affectively blown away and so happy for you!

Feng-Shui
February 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Your hair is as much better.
I love the Shine.

Congratulations.:thudpile:

insomniac-uk
February 10th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Wow your hair looks so good, amazing shine.

CarpeDM
February 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Holy transformation! What a big difference, your hair now is amazing!! Hmmm henna you say.....