PDA

View Full Version : Horrible April Fools! They whacked her hair!

CurlyOne
April 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
I am still reeling from this one. One of the girls in my calculus class had the most beautiful mid back black hair. Last night while she was sleeping her roommate chopped her hair off to her shoulder!:agape: So to get it to look even she had to go get a cut done and it is now almost to her ears. :shocked: By far this passes over the line of good clean fun. I think I would flip out if that happened to me, she was really pi**ed though, can't say as I blame her.:luke:

thunderlilies
April 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Boy would I be ticked off iff anybody tried to pull that kind of stunt on me! that's just not acceptable! :rant:

Anje
April 1st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yipes! My roommate would not be safe around me for a long time after that! (If I managed to contain my rage, she'd still be walking around with one eyebrow by the next day.)

In case anyone has not gotten the memo, April Fool's pranks are supposed to be reversible by the next day.

AprilElf
April 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
That is really cruel. :(
I can't believe the roommate could think they had any right to cut her hair, even as a prank. It's an invasion.

madisonclare
April 1st, 2008, 07:30 PM
wow. and she's still her roommate?? !

Jeni
I don't even know what I would do if someone did that to me.....I'd flip the f**k out that is for sure. Can you sue someone for cutting your hair? Isn't it like assault? The only way you'd win is if the judge had long hair......I tell you one thing the roomate/s would pay!

Patrycja
That is horrible. How in the world could anyone in their right mind think that is even funny????? That was sick.

sapphire-o
April 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
That's awful! If it's me I'd get the roommate drunk or something and shave off their eyebrows. If they're pissed off they can move out. I wouldn't feel safe sharing with somebody who does that kind of things anyway.

Oh ya and take pictures of them and post them online for people to laugh at. :D

Wanita
April 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM
I think one can actually file a police report for something like this.

BrianaFineHair
April 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
If this were done to me, I would have been in my attorney's office THAT DAY! How dare someone do that! I would sue her for EVERYTHING I could! Oh my gosh, as personal as hair is to a woman, I would just be out of my MIND!

That was so cruel and no friend or respectable room mate would have ever done such a thing. I would feel assaulted. :(

chloeishere
April 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM
Was her roommate drunk or high? I honestly don't understand how anyone would think that falls within the acceptable range of "April Fool's joke." As Anje said, the joke is supposed to be reversible by the next day. Nothing permanent!

I would probably tell her to find a new roommate. Or file a police report. Or something! That is just not right.

Xanthippe
April 1st, 2008, 07:41 PM
I think one can actually file a police report for something like this.

Yes, you definitely can. I know I would at least file a report with the school. It's definitely not acceptable for someone to have a sharp implement near my head while I am asleep. I would get a new roommate.

spidermom
April 1st, 2008, 07:43 PM
That is assault, plain and simple. I'd press charges.

brok3nwings
April 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
i am mad just to hear that story! Well i you have to inform everyone how much i love hair! lol

ladystar
April 1st, 2008, 07:48 PM
OMG I WOULD GO NUTZ!!! Pay back is a BITCH!!

BrianaFineHair
April 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Sounds to me like this girl was extremely - psychotically jealous. Something is not right in her head.

A long time ago I read about women that try to or plot to do something like that to another woman's hair. It's not good. This is much deeper than a "joke".

Gladtobemom
April 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
I'd first call the police, my lawyer, and get a restraining order so the roomate(s?) could be immediately removed.

And then I'd make sure they got arrested and convicted which would probably end their college education.

Wickedness should NEVER be taken lightly.

WOULD YOU FEEL SAFE?

It was a malicious evil thing to do.

manderly
April 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
I would have her arrested and press charges of assault, followed by a harsh lawsuit. That is just crossing the line.

salamander
April 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Time to haul someone up before the school disciplinary committee, I think. Assuming this is a college situation?

Feisty Redhead
April 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM
I would press charges as well. That is horrible - this kind of thing is why I don't like the idea of having a special "holiday" dedicated to playing jokes on people. Some people just don't know where to draw the line and take their "jokes" too far. :demon:

Alaskanheart
April 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM
Awful! I would feel very violated and angry if that happened to me. I dont know what I would do to get back, but I think a police report wouldnt be out of line, or even to get a lawyer.

This is no April Fools Joke! This girl sounds seriously jealous, and mean and malicious, and if I didnt kick her A$$ I would definately kick her out.

This makes me mad thinking about it, and my hair isnt even long yet or in great condition...

getoffmyskittle
April 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM
... wow. I am SO GLAD my roommate moved out...

HairColoredHair
April 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
You're kidding?

Right?

..... Please be kidding?

Valorie
April 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
I think that is very creepy. That takes something meant to be a joke to a whole new level.
I seriously hope this is an April Fool's joke!!

Mahars
April 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
She should sue for battery. The legal definition encompasses ALL unwanted touching. I bet she would have a great case. LOL I'm such a lawschool dork. must get life.

Buddaphlyy
April 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
The roommate would no longer be living with me. She'd probably be in the infirmary in a full body cast. That is just cruel and unnecessary, way past a joke.

Village Mama
April 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM
You're kidding?

Right?

..... Please be kidding?

I was hoping the same thing! What a way to give us all anxiety!

Delilah
April 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
I would seriously flip out. I'm pretty sure if the roomate came near me before I'd cooled off, she would get hurt.
How is that supposed to be funny anyways?

*BelievingAgain
April 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
AARGGGHH! Jokes? We had April Fool's yesterday (I'm in Oz) so I'm holding out that this is just a REALLY REALLY AWFUL SCARY BUT VERY WELL DONE (you got us!!!) JOKE!

Please tell us it is?shudder:
Jess :flower:

CurlyOne
April 1st, 2008, 09:10 PM
:( Sorry guys, this is no joke. When she walked in I was shocked that it was so short but she told me it was most decidedly not her idea. I didn't even think to ask if she was drunk or high I was just so shocked that it had happened. She was also pretty mad so I didn't want to press it too much.

I don't know what she is planning on doing to her, I would kick her a$$ out, but she did say she had chased her around with the scissors:D. She doesn't live on campus or anything like that so there is no way to take it up with the school (actually I go to a community college so you can't live on campus) but I would press charges. That is just not funny.

Blueglass
April 1st, 2008, 09:21 PM
This is very distrubing. One the reasons I don't trust roomates. I was hoping post was April fool.

Angellen
April 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM
This makes me sincerely glad that I have known the person I'm rooming with for the past 8 or 9 years. Wow.

It also makes me sad and angry. What a horrible, horrible thing to do. It's not funny, it's disgusting and terrible. Such ugly behavior is completely unacceptable and I hope the poor woman sues the pants off her [cruel and evil] roomie.

HairColoredHair
April 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM
:( Sorry guys, this is no joke.

:wail: :wail: :wail:

SaveTheTapirs
April 1st, 2008, 10:42 PM
It sounds like the roommate had some vendetta against her already, and used April Fool's Day as an excuse. A friend pulling a prank wouldn't do something like that (at least my friends wouldn't). Perhaps it's just another case of long hair jealousy.

BlackfootHair
April 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
I'd press charges. And sue if possible. Just because. I just couldn't accept that as April fools. Nope.

FroandBeyond
April 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
O my goodness! That is not right at all, extremely unfunny. If this happened to me, I would see if I have a case.

longhairedfairy
April 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
I would definitely press charges and if nothing happened I would beat the crap out of her and probably cut up ALL her clothes.

That's just sick. It's definitely assault!

MadHatter
April 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM
O.... M.... G.....
If I had a roommate that did that to me, I would be sitting in holding for murder (or attempted) at this very moment.

Pursuer
April 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
That's not even remotely funny. I would have to fight the urge to retaliate. Shaving an eyebrow doesn't come close, either. You can pencil one in for a few weeks, and then they'll be back. UGH.

Delilah
April 2nd, 2008, 12:16 AM
O.... M.... G.....
If I had a roommate that did that to me, I would be sitting in holding for murder (or attempted) at this very moment.

I was thinking it, but I didn't want to seem scary...there's few things that would drive me into a rage where I'd be in danger of killing someone. Such an assault to my body would be one of them.

Lisa-Maria
April 2nd, 2008, 12:27 AM
We have all heard of battle rage right? If someone cut off my hair while I was sleeping that's where I'd be. I seriously doubt I'd be able too control myself if someone cut my hair off without my concent.

willowcandra
April 2nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Oh how horrible. I hope she reports her to the law for assault.
I also hope she wasn't pranking anyone with a short wig lol.

If someone did that to me I would have them done for assault and there is no way I would stay in their presence.

Elenna
April 2nd, 2008, 02:33 AM
This is very serious, but let the legal system handle any retaliation. You want to be in the clear and state what happened to any lawyer or judge. Start by filing a police report, and keeping records of phone calls, etc.

far_away
April 2nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Exactly. The woman has broken the law and I suspect could be charged with a number of things including assault and creating considerable emotional harm (and that's only on these boards ;) ). She should be punished and chasing her with scissors doesn't even come close.

She has proven that she has no respect for another person's rights or body. That should be stopped!

magda
April 2nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
I surely would goto the police, and every friendshp would be ended immediately!
This sounds like it was an unthinking, unrespectful roommate.

DavidN
April 2nd, 2008, 03:26 AM
I am really distressed to hear that such a horrible thing happened to this girl, CurylyOne, and I sure hope she files charges against her rooomate.

Saranne772
April 2nd, 2008, 03:26 AM
:O That is shocking!!! If anyone tried to do that to me I would be so angry! I mean the time it takes to grow hair!! That is an invasion of privacy! :( Poor poor poor girl!!!

Shanarana
April 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
I'm speechless, I really am.

Dvips
April 2nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
Well, as shocked and outraged as we are, I think this thread has served it's purpose.

Elenna has repeated the best advice given here.