PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased Rosemary EO

BrianaFineHair
April 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I just purchased some rosemary EO from Moutain Rose Herbs. They seem to be a very good company.

I wanted to order some jojoba but they were out, so I will have to use some EVO with it when I do another hair oiling/scalp massage.

Any thoughts on that or should I hold out for some jojoba?

ChloeDharma
April 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
I just purchased some rosemary EO from Moutain Rose Herbs. They seem to be a very good company.

I wanted to order some jojoba but they were out, so I will have to use some EVO with it when I do another hair oiling/scalp massage.

Any thoughts on that or should I hold out for some jojoba?

If your hair gets on with EVOO then i see no reason not to add some to that. I hope you enjoy playing with it :)

Nynaeve
April 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
If your hair likes the EVOO, it will probably like you using it as a carrier oil for the rosemary.
Try it out, and let us know how it goes for you!

BrianaFineHair
April 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you, ladies :)

When the rosemary arrives I'll give it a go with the EVOO and let ya'll know. (I made a rhyme) :D

I really wanted to try jojoba, but another time. Speaking of which, I know that jojoba is really a wax, right? If so, is there a chance of build up on your hair?

ChloeDharma
April 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Good luck with it..... :)

Yup jojoba is a liquid wax, but so far i've never heard of it building up as it seems to be removed very easily by washing. In fact it's often very useful for loosening up scalp ickyness and dissolving sebum plugs in the pores on your face. Though i've found other oils do this too.
One thing, jojoba is quite pricey so it might work out expensive using it for heavy oilings. I tend to keep it for occasional light oilings when i fancy something different, and as a face moisturiser.

BrianaFineHair
April 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Yes, I'm noticing that jojoba is on the expensive side, but like you said, it would be nice for an every now and then pampering and lighter oiling.

Thanks so much, ChloeDharma :)

ChloeDharma
April 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
No problem :):flower: