PDA

View Full Version : Getting a little salon treat today

plainjanegirl
March 21st, 2009, 07:56 AM
I will update later this evening. But I am sooo excited cause I was finally able to get into one of the nice salons for a conditioning treatment. Yay! My hair needs some spoiling. Maybe I will even take some before and after pics. Well wish me luck. I'll be back later. Oh and I am not getting a trim even if it is offered to me or suggested. It would be nice to hear them say that my hair is in good shape. :)

Copasetic
March 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Lucky you! That sounds like a lot of fun. My hair could go for a conditioning treatment, but my bank account says no way :)

pdy2kn6
March 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM
too right!!! your hair is in great shape, glad to hear you won't let them bully you in to getting a trim. Hope you have a great time...i know you will :)

Tressie
March 21st, 2009, 08:18 AM
I hope you have a wonderful relaxing experience! Please do share your photos and let us know all about it!! Have fun!!

Rohele
March 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
That sounds so relaxing - its nice to have an afternoon of pampering. Let us know how it works out - I'm sure your hair will feel wonderful afterwards!

plainjanegirl
March 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Sorry I did not update sooner. I will upload a pic later if I have time.
So they washed my hair and then put the conditioner in and had me set under a dryer for like 20 minutes. They were not gentle on my hair while it was being washed.
Then they rinsed it out and started combing my hair , at least they used a kinda wide toothed comb pick thing.
Then she put a serum in it and started blowdrying. Next something was sprayed in my hair and then small sections were flat ironed. And then 2 more things were sprayed on my hair.
The whole time I was thinking oh my god all these products. And the deep conditioning was probably ruined by all the heat.
I think next time I will go to wally world and just buy a deep conditioner to do at home. I mean it was nice to have smooth completely straight hair , but I do not wanna get hooked on that again.

Farina
March 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
are the conditioning treatments at salons very chemical heavy? or do they have options of conditioners with cones or no cones?

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Wow. It's great that you got to give your hair a treat today....but I hate that they probably undid it with all of the heat right behind it!! Would the stylist have left it alone after the conditioning if you'd known in advance to ask not to use all of the heat?

xrosiex
March 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
I love going to the salon for conditioning treartments. They already know I'm not trimming for a year. So they dont even ask.:) The girl I go to is extremely gentle. It's so relaxing. I wish all stylist could learn to take a little extra time with us people who work on keeping our hair healthy. Wish it was a betterday for you.