PDA

View Full Version : Bull whip braid

Mike
March 21st, 2009, 05:15 AM
OK I woke up in the middle of the night and can't seem to fall asleep again. I started thinking of things I will be able to do with my hair as it gets longer and longer. First a complete ponytail with all of the ends in the tail. Next idea was cool - a bullwhip braid. You make a ponytail and then tie it off at the end with about 6 to 8 inches loose if its long enough. Make a herringbone braid or other braid just with the ends. If anyone says "cut your hair" ot "you should donate your hair" you can flick your hair and snap the bullwhip at them and scare them off.
Like I said, lack of sleep here :sleep:. Another idea is to start with one type of braid and tie it off and then switch to another braid style, tie it off and keep switching until you run out of hair. If anyone can try these styles and post them I would love to see what it looks like. Good night ZZZZZ.
Mike

Phalaenopsis
March 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
That actually sound really cool. :D

My hair isn't that long yet to have a nice effect, but I might try it.

Peggy E.
March 21st, 2009, 07:37 AM
What is it about night and hair? Or maybe it's night and anything creative?

I always find I'm best able to get new styles to work when I attempt them at night. Come morning, forget it. Very frustrating!

Maybe I'm simply too tired to function properly..... Get some sleep, Mike!

p.s. Your hair looks grand!

Copasetic
March 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM
You make a ponytail and then tie it off at the end with about 6 to 8 inches loose if its long enough. Make a herringbone braid or other braid just with the ends. If anyone says "cut your hair" ot "you should donate your hair" you can flick your hair and snap the bullwhip at them and scare them off.

HAHA! Thats a great idea! Thankfully I don't have hair long enough that people are always suggesting that I donate it, but when I do, I am totally going to flick my hair at them.

Elphie
March 21st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Another idea is to start with one type of braid and tie it off and then switch to another braid style, tie it off and keep switching until you run out of hair.

Oh, I recently saw this in someone's album, it looked like a braid sampler! It was very cute.

Mike
March 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
I love it Elphie, the "sampler braid". Now it has a name.

Mike
March 21st, 2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmoQKAZfrp8e I did a youtube search trying to find a bullwhip braid or sampler braid. This link is for shorter hair and it looks like my hair in a few more months I think. This one is for the shorter haired among the LHC members.
Mike

Teazel
March 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Oh, I recently saw this in someone's album, it looked like a braid sampler! It was very cute.

Ah, that's probably one of Sidani (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=6703)'s pictures you're thinking of. :)

Ash
March 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Last time I had long hair I did a cat of six braid (not enough hair to do nine sections). I tied it off in a ponytail and put about 4 hair ties down the tail then separated the rest of it into 6 sections and braided each of those sections to the end and secured them with small rubber bands. At the end of each of them, I hooked a metal piece with 2 beads onto the rubber band. It was fun to hit people with for a day. :) Might try the bullwhip one.

Elphie
March 21st, 2009, 09:07 PM
That's right, Teazel; that's who I was thinking of! Thank you!

SpecialKitty
March 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Mike, those are great ideas for long haired braids! Your hair looks great, and will be terrific at braiding length too. Hope you got some good sleep! :sleep:

Mike
March 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Can anyone here try the bull whip braid and post a picture of what it looks like? I have searched youtube and can't find it so it must be an original style I guess.

OhioLisa
March 22nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
I am soooo tempted to try this. And I think I will be even more tempted to flick it at someone. :twisted:

If I do try it, I will come back and post pics. :D

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
LOL, that's a great idea. My step-grandma actually suggested I donate mine at my kids' party yesterday, and I wish I'd had that bullwhip braid at that moment. *ka-pow!!* :mad:

I think at my length, a regular long, wet English braid would work well too. Lots of flickage possible. :D

Farina
March 22nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
there's a youtube video of a woman with an uber long braid whipping it around. it's very hot lol

Farina
March 22nd, 2009, 11:51 PM
found it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUcKIGAQUh4&NR=1

DragonLady
March 23rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
I can't wait for my hair to be that long. But I doubt I'll ever have the guts to let it whip around in the wind like that. I get too many tangles and still haven't learned to be gentle enough with my comb. :(

Mike
March 27th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Wow Farina, that is an amazing braid. That is like a reverse of the bullwhip braid I was thinking about with only the very ends being braided and the rest just held with a few ties. Very amazing braid. Don't you love youtube?

Carolyn
March 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Wow that is an awesome braid! Total braid envy here. But I'd hate to have to detangle my hair after it was out in the wind like that.