PDA

View Full Version : Progress pics *yay*

Sieren
March 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I decided that I have finally made enough progress to post some pictures!!!
I have been visiting LHC for about 7 months now, and I think my hair has really benefited from all the great advice I've found here. PLUS, I have not cut my hair since about Oct 08 or so (I trimmed it for awhile, to keep it short, then just let it grow)!!! Thats a big step for me, since I used to randomly decide to get my hair chopped all the time...:p
Soooo....here is my starting point-

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/sieren/hairbeginning.jpg

And here is my hair now!! -

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/sieren/hairside.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/sieren/hairback.jpg

I'm not quite sure how long it is in inches, because there are so many layers, I wouldn't even know where to measure.
I look forward to many more years of growing!! :cheese:

JessTheMess
March 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Wow that's a lot of growth! Your hair is so shiny and healthy!

Dientje
March 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Wow, nice growth! I like the way it frames your face, and the shine it great! Keep growing!

maskedrose
March 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Beautiful progress! I love your coloring too - pale skin and dark hair is such a pretty combination :)

Hurray4Henna
March 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Congrats! Great colour and so shiny :D

patience
March 20th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Congrats! I love the color too.

punkgirl89
March 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Wow! That is some awesome growth! My hair is almost as short as yours and I just joined, your pics are definately encouraging :-)

Sieren
March 20th, 2009, 11:18 AM
*blushes* thanks everybody. I am very proud of my hair now, because I never used to take care of it, and now I finally am!!!

melrose1985
March 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Wow, only 7 months! It looks great!

Radulfr
March 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Congratulations on your hair's awesome growth!

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Your hair looks great! And you are just so cute!!!

steph in tx
March 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Oh, it looks just beautiful!! You're doing a great job of caring for it.

Johanna64
March 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Wow,congratulations!! :)
Your hair has grown a lot and I love the color.

BlackfootHair
March 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Wow, that's some awesome growth!! :D

jojo
March 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Your hair looks very healthy and shiny, I also loved it short on you.

LutraLutra
March 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Great growth, and I love the fringe/bangs, it really suits you.

MountainGypsy
March 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM
That is awesome progress, you'll be long in no time!

paper
March 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Congrats on wonderful growth! Your hair color is so pretty and shiny!

Debra83
March 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM
Great Growth!!!! (by the way, that short style was very flattering on you too - you're able to have the best of BOTH worlds!)

Aditi
March 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Congratulation on such a wonderful growth. You have pretty hair and color so keep them growing :)

Katze
March 21st, 2009, 03:47 AM
very pretty hair and good growth!

When I started growing in 2005, I had a very similar haircut to yours now. 3 + years later, after having trimmed massively, I still have much longer hair, so no matter what you do, if you want long, you will get it, and most likely MUCH faster than I did.

good luck!

SmellyJelly
March 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM
I love seeing progress photos :DYou have beautiful hair, well done on the growth :)

Sophie x

littlemiss
March 21st, 2009, 05:58 AM
Congratulations on your seven months growth your hair looks nice and shiny!!! :smile:

LisaS.
March 21st, 2009, 06:02 AM
I love your layers and your hairstyle! Happy growing!

Sieren
March 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks so much, everyone!! Its really encouraging to have people tell me my hair is growing fast. Its always grown faster than average, but I am quite impatient and impulsive with my hair, so this is DEFINITELY the longest I've managed to not cut my hair for awhile...all thanks to you wonderful LHC members!!! :D

Pixna
March 21st, 2009, 01:26 PM
You are making fantastic progress -- that's QUITE a difference between your first pic and your current ones. Your hair looks great -- very healthy, great sheen, and a beautiful color.

Evie
March 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
WOW :agape:You got that much growth in 7 months????? Yayyee there's hope for me! Thanks for posting such inspirational photos, I love the colour and shine of your hair - is it a natural black shade?

madworldmilly
March 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
wow that looks great!

I do love your hair in the first picture though!

You sound just like me, i get my hair chopped off quite alot, and then i think nooo, i should have let it grow

its great that your committed to it now though

one day i might follow suit!

Sieren
March 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
WOW :agape:You got that much growth in 7 months????? Yayyee there's hope for me! Thanks for posting such inspirational photos, I love the colour and shine of your hair - is it a natural black shade?

No, its naturally medium brown. The color it is now is a mixture of henna, indigo, and blue/black regular hair dye. I love the color on the ends (which you can see in the pics) but I don't know what to do about the roots--the henna and indigo 2 step process isn't making them black, so they're like dark auburn-ish. *sigh* :o

alyssa111
March 21st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Gorgeous hair!! It's so shiny and thick, ahhhh... jealous!!

P.S- You had alot of growth, I'm new to this but out of curiosity do you do anything to encourage it or is that just your natural growth rate??

Sieren
March 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Gorgeous hair!! It's so shiny and thick, ahhhh... jealous!!

P.S- You had alot of growth, I'm new to this but out of curiosity do you do anything to encourage it or is that just your natural growth rate??

Well, I do have naturally fast growing hair. However, I have been taking MSM 1000mg about every other day for the past month(ish), so that might have helped it a bit!! I also take cod liver oil, a multivitamin, and vitamin D (these I just take for overall health, but I thought I might as well list 'em all!)

templeofvenus
March 22nd, 2009, 07:52 AM
wow awesome hair growth! I hope my hair grows that much in 7 months I will be delighted! :)

Farina
March 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
wow amazing progress! i know this is a long hair care forum but your hair looked hot short

Alana2000
March 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Just wanted to echo everyone else here and say your hair is so nice, and the short style was fresh and very nice as well... there is a part of me that loves super short hair... but I have never had super long hair, so I might love that too..

Have fun growing!

Sieren
March 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I did like my hair short too ;) I've just had it short for so long that its time for a change. There is only so much stuff you can do with short hair! Plus I was sick of having to use so much product to style it.
Time for long, flowing hair for me!!!! :cheese:

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Wow, it looks fantastic!! :D Congratulations on your 7 months in the best forum on the internet, and on your growth! Here's to many more months and inches! :cheese:

KajiKodomo
March 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Great growth! It's looking good! :D