PDA

View Full Version : A month with no growth!!!

LadyEliza
March 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I ALWAYS have 1/2 inch per month. With MN I've had an inch the last two months. But this month NOTHING!!!

This is weird.

KnightsLady
March 20th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Could just be resting or stalled for a bit.

Misha
March 20th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, but it has picked up again (a bit less than usual, but looks like I'm in a stall, I'll see this current month - fingers crossed!). I guess it just has a rest from time to time. Hang in there!

smilinjenn71
March 20th, 2009, 05:56 AM
I ALWAYS have 1/2 inch per month. With MN I've had an inch the last two months. But this month NOTHING!!!

This is weird.
Is it winter/cold/blah where you live? For some reason I notice a slowing in growth for me during the winter months. I *think* it might be due to lack of exposure to the sun. (but who knows......)

Finoriel
March 20th, 2009, 05:56 AM
I can think of several things causing the same measurement.
Sometimes a stall just happens. Not everyone sheds in autumn and not everyone gets super growth in spring.
Any breakage?
Increased stress?
Drastically changed your food habits? Dieting or Lenten fast?
Are you sure you measured in the same way you always do? Used a new measuring tape maybe? Sometimes there are shocking differences between two tapes.
Also: the longer your hair gets the more air humidity influences itīs length :D we are living hair hygrometer. Measuring at a day with bone dry air humidity gives me a noticeably shorter measurement than at a rainy day. Thatīs why I switched to measuring damp hair after washing, the moisture content is at itīs highest level and the īexperiment set-upī is reproducible.
Are you still on MN? Itīs not unusual that people who quit with supplements experience a stall/shed. Not sure if you know the old saying that nothing is for free and everything has itīs price? Who knows, but that could also apply for artificially speeding up ones hair growth.

smilinjenn71
March 20th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I measure wet too!:)

Honey39
March 20th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I think hair averages out in terms of growth - so although you grow about 6 inches a year, it's not always automatically 1/2 inch a month; if you've had 2 inches the last two months, that's way above average, so this could be the month your hair is taking a break! And you'll still get 2 inches in three months, which is 1/2 inch more than average growth!

lora410
March 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I didn't have growth last month either *sigh*

jojo
March 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
This happens to me too, but overal as long as you get at least 6" a year i wouldn't worry about it, hair grows to each own genetic calender. I know its really disheartening when this happens but it will grow, you may get a sudden spurt in summer when it gets warmer.

RancheroTheBee
March 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, that happened to me in January/December. More accurately, I got about 1/4th of an inch for both months, which I suppose is something, but it's still super obnoxious. Hang in there.

LadyEliza
March 21st, 2009, 12:52 AM
I think we have been measuring - damp, not wet. And last night was dry, haven't washed it in a few days. So maybe! We will measure again after I wash and see if it makes a difference.

And no, I live in Brisbane, Australia - hot and sunny all year around! :)

thanks everyone, I feel better.

Gothic Lolita
March 21st, 2009, 02:09 AM
Maybe your hair just decided to rest for a month and surprises you with a growth spurt in the next. Mine sometimes does that. It seems to not grow for several weeks and them - boom - it's much longer one day!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 21st, 2009, 05:28 AM
When i first cut my hair, it felt way too short and after a month of obsession, i didn't recognize any growth. I stopped fidgeting with my extremely short hair during the second month.Then i accidentally ran my fingers through my hair and i was like "omg, it actually grows!! yay!!"

I don't know if this happens to me too or not... But if you want your hair to grow faster, stop measuring it for some time :)

littlemiss
March 21st, 2009, 05:59 AM
Hence why I don't measure anymore!!