PDA

View Full Version : 3 inch trim has stopped shed!

gallows_gallery
March 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I have been going through a MASSIVE shed for the last month - so bad that I was worried that I was going to have bald chunks. I would lose almost a tennis-ball sized amount of hair a day. Non stop.

Anyway - I went and got 2-3 inches cut off at my hairdresser on wednesday. I was planning on only getting 1, but then I though - it will grow. The bottom 2-3 inches were knotty and revolting anyway.

The result is fantastic! My shedding has halved. Maybe it is less knots...or maybe less weight? I have no idea, but the result is fantastic. I'm still shedding a lot, but it's significantly diminished.

It was sad to lose the 3 inches, especially since I was jusssst reaching the longest I have ever been (butt-crack length)...but totally worthwhile. I thoroughly recommend a good trim if you have shed issues!

Helen Baq
March 20th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'm glad to hear the trim helped, but the shedding worries me a bit. I went through a time when I was shedding about as much as you described and kept wondering why I was losing so much hair. Turned out I had a tumors on my ovaries, one of them starting to turn cancerous. I don't want to scare you, or be negative, but heavy shedding in women can be a sign of problems with the ovaries or uterus. :(

That said, this is encouraging me to trim my hair. I'm buying scissors tomorrow! :)

RancheroTheBee
March 20th, 2009, 01:06 AM
That's weird - I noticed the same thing. I trimmed only about 1/8th of an inch, though, but it majorly brought down shedding. :hmm: I wonder why that is.

Aditi
March 20th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Now you people have got me thinking about getting a trim which i don't want right now as i have JUST reached my goal length WAIST :knitfrog:. But in order to stop this shedding i think i should give it a try :(

WavyGirl
March 20th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I'm so glad the trim worked for you. I wish that would solve my shedding issues, but it never works for me. 3 inches shouldn't take you too long to grow back and you'll have lovely ends the second time around.

Finoriel
March 20th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Shedding periods are an awful experience and I´m with the others and happy for you that it has stopped :flower:.
:wink: I just doubt it has stopped because of the trim. Sometimes coincidences are strange, but still nothing more than a coincidence. Cutting ones hair does not make it grow faster, nor is it a cure for shedding.

jojo
March 20th, 2009, 09:37 AM
My hair was shedding this amount due to stress, I have been eating a ton of garlic (craving it but don't know why) and my hair shed has stopped. I have read reports before that say garlic helps with this too.

May be worth a try to those who are going through this.

Sounds good your hair has stopped shedding though through a trim, maybe its the weight or something but main thing its done the job. your 3" will be back before you know it.