PDA

View Full Version : Hair Type Me + Questions.

RancheroTheBee
March 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I've noticed the visual hair typing guide is gone. Where'd it go? That's pretty no-no in my books, because my hair type has been changing over the last couple of months. I've been treating my hair really well these past few months: why did it change? Anywho, pictures.

PS: Do we have an official hair type me thread? Also, if these pics are no good, just tell me. They're all air-dried sans product. (Just so you know, I'm not balding; my roots are just evidently too light to show up in most pictures.)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/small.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/moarcats.jpg

Thank you, ladies and gents. :flower:

spidermom
March 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Right off the top of my head (no thinking): 2A.

OhioLisa
March 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I agree with spidermom. 2A.

RancheroTheBee
March 19th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks. :) I should change that, then.

spidermom
March 19th, 2009, 01:04 PM
As for why it changed - no clue. The hair goddess can be capricious. For instance, while we were in Italy, my hair was completely straight and non-frizzy, even on rainy days.

Treating hair well and giving it more moisture can make it wave/curl more.

As you grow it, more length can expose a few surprises. For instance - I never knew I had spiral curls until my hair reached APL. Before that, it looked full and fluffy, like it had a ton of body and some wave, but no curl.

RancheroTheBee
March 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
As for why it changed - no clue. The hair goddess can be capricious. For instance, while we were in Italy, my hair was completely straight and non-frizzy, even on rainy days.

Treating hair well and giving it more moisture can make it wave/curl more.

As you grow it, more length can expose a few surprises. For instance - I never knew I had spiral curls until my hair reached APL. Before that, it looked full and fluffy, like it had a ton of body and some wave, but no curl.

Mine seems to get straighter the better I take care if it. At the height of my bleaching obsession, I was getting 3a-type curls. Since I shaved my head, it started coming in straighter. It's funny: I spent all these years flat-ironing my hair, and once I stop, it gets straighter. :hmm: How weird.

babbleball
March 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Holy hairdos Batman... you should warn people to put on some sunglasses :cool: or something before you post pictures. That shine is blinding! I love your color too.

maskedrose
March 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I'd say 2a as well. A lot of people experience greater curliness as they take better care of their hair, but my experience has been the opposite, like yours. My ends have a lot of highlight damage, especially the last 4" and as my healthy, LHC hair gets longer, I've noticed that only my damaged ends spiral in 2c/3a fashion, while the rest is more 2a. I'm thinking that I might lose all of the curl once I trim off the damage. Weird.

Your hair looks lovely and I agree with babbleball - the shine requires shades :cool:

ETA: the hairtyping thread is a sticky - look at the top of the threads list in the Mane forum.

jojo
March 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Heck you trying to blind me? Id also say 2A with a high chance of getting more wavy as it gets longer. Now please warn people about that shine!