PDA

View Full Version : what if I never cut my my layers?

pdy2kn6
March 19th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I was wondering what would actually happen if i would never cut my layered hair (presuming it was heavily layered), and aiming for terminal? would they get see through as time goes on and eventually lead your hair to be tapered/fairytaled but to a more even degree, ie more of an overall even taper instead of longer on the bottom (underneath area of hair) and shorter layers cut on the outer layer of hair? I don't want to go and cut my layers off because they have tapered far up so i would be loosing too much length! i know everyones hair is layered anyway, but im talking more significant layers, as opposed to lighter bits throughout the hairlength we all have due to our hair growing at different paces. Would the outer hair catch up and become blended in with the bottom hairs as one reaches terming? i feel like i've had my layers for ever....

Charli800
March 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Eventually you would shed the hair that had been cut into layers, so you wouldn't have layers any more. I'm not sure if that would happen before or after you reach terminal, though.

embee
March 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
You'd shed out the layers when each hair got to its term growth time. So eventually you'd not have layers any longer. Ex: I used to have fringe/bangs. Those hairs no doubt have been replaced, as it was 1990 when I started growing them out.

Marbles
March 19th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I last had my hair cut Sept. 05 and that was layered, I dont think its at terminal yet but the layers have definatly all gone now. Its grown from armpit length to just past classic in that time.