PDA

View Full Version : ideal buns for hair forks?

pdy2kn6
March 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I got my 60th street 3 prong hair fork last week and still haven't got round to wearing it...not good of me. I was thinking about trying a chinese bun using it but then thought that style may only work with hair sticks? does it work with hair forks or not really? which buns (apart from nautillus and cinnabuns) work with hair forks (3prongers). Would love to be able to rock a chinese bun with the gabon ebony that i baught...

paper
March 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM
rymorg gave me some ideas for my length. Folded braid, peacock twist, and cinnabun.

Finoriel
March 19th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I would not wear a chinese bun with a 3 prong fork. It is possible to wear one with more long-shaped 2 prong forks with not much space between the tines, I occasionally do that, but 3 prong ones tend to be too wide to be ideal for this style. They work best for me when I use them in round shaped buns like cinnamon, sock, wrapped or nautilus bun.
The ībestī style for a fork not only depends on the number of prongs, the space between them and their shape (skinny vs. bulky) can also make a huge difference in how to use them. Bulky prongs with not much space between them are not ideal for braided styles, for example.

rymorg2
March 19th, 2009, 07:11 AM
You can do infinities and figure 8's with them, as well as most of the knotted styles. and yes, braided buns too, as well as braided flips and diagonal braided do's.

kdaniels8811
March 19th, 2009, 09:58 AM
An orchid bun works great with my three prong 60th street fork.