PDA

View Full Version : A better choice to help someone

Darkhorse1
March 18th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I have to share this lovely story.

My assistant has a friend, and her friend's sister was diagnosed with alopecia. Her sister is slowly losing her hair, eyelashes, eyebrows etc. So, what is her friend doing for her sister? She's growing out her hair so she can cut it and make her sister a wig. :)

Isn't that lovely??? To me, that's what I call Locks of Love.

s_tresses
March 18th, 2009, 10:23 PM
That's very nice and heroic of her. People like that actually give you hope for a better world.

Copasetic
March 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
That is so nice!! What a great friend.

Monkey962
March 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
That's how it should work.

marajade
March 18th, 2009, 10:40 PM
That is so nice!

shayly-fyanna
March 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Awww! that's so sweet.

Pegasus Marsters
March 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I hope that works out but I recall reading that it takes between 6 and 8 ponytails to actually make a wig.

Wow, way to put a downer on everything, Pegs. :lol:

Drynwhyl
March 19th, 2009, 05:07 AM
*killed thread*
Just kidding Pegs x)

That's a wonderful thing to do ;)

SHELIAANN1969
March 19th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Ohhhh that is so sweet. Even if it takes several ponytails, her sister can grow and donate to her cause several times, or maybe they can get some family members orfriends with the same color/type of hair and get them to donate too.

That is one great sister!

Misha
March 19th, 2009, 07:47 AM
That really is lovely! Just reading this story pulls at my heart strings, such love and caring is between these sisters. Now that's locks of love for sure!

heidihug
March 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
She is a very giving sister.

I think I am probably a horrible person for admitting this, but if my sister was in the same situation...she wouldn't be getting my hair! I would definitely help her find and pay for a suitable wig, or whatever head covering she might like to use, though. As Pegs pointed out, very little of my contribution would actually go into the wig, and wow, the cost must be very high to have such a wig custom-made. I see it as a symbolic gesture that would not be worth it for me to lose my locks over.

Johanna64
March 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Aah that's so nice :)
What a great sister!!