PDA

View Full Version : When I don't CO,

GlennaGirl
March 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM
...I turn from a 1a into a 1b.

I've been COing for so long but lately I've just had this hankering for what feels to me like old-fashioned clean-clean hair. When I CO, my hair is very silky but never exactly feels "clean", somehow.

I want my hair to be in great condition and to grow...but I like shampooing. I miss it. I've been trying for twice a week at the most.

But the thing that's surprising me is this teensy, tiny bit of a wave. I...think I like it. I remember it...but I always thought it was because my hair was damaged. Don't ask me why.

Just for the sake of conversation, does anybody else have a different "hairtype" when shampooing v. COing, or WOing v. washing or what-have-you? Curious.

amaiaisabella
March 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
See, for me it's opposite! :) When I CO, my hair gets all these wavies and curlies, but when I shampoo (with cones), my hair gets super straight. I try to limit my shampooing to every other wash, but I do love that clean-clean hair :D

KaeleyAnne
March 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
My hair is straighter when using conditioner only and curlier when using catnip without any other conditioner.

ratgirldjh
March 18th, 2009, 08:03 PM
my hair is defiitely more wavy when i use poo bars w a weak ACV rinse than when i use CO.

Nevermore
March 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I get wurlier with WO. That sounds like a slogan, "BUY WATER ONLY! GET 70% MORE WURL IN ONE WEEK!" Ahem. Yeah, more wurly with water only. Beyond that, shampoo makes me shed whole families of cats and turns my head into a giant puff ball of hair so dry that it floats, which is obviously not conducive to a wave pattern.

RancheroTheBee
March 18th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I get wurlier with WO. That sounds like a slogan, "BUY WATER ONLY! GET 70% MORE WURL IN ONE WEEK!" Ahem. Yeah, more wurly with water only. Beyond that, shampoo makes me shed whole families of cats and turns my head into a giant puff ball of hair so dry that it floats, which is obviously not conducive to a wave pattern.

This made me laugh. :grin:

Yeah, CO turns me into a 2c, S&C, 2a. WO? Try 1c. Truly.

shayly-fyanna
March 19th, 2009, 12:02 AM
For me when i CO my hair gets wavier. i am a 1b/1c and whenever i CO the 1 C waves get more pronounced.

amiaow
March 19th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I am the same as you! I have 2a hair when I use shampoo and 1b/1c hair with CO.

I too like the silkiness of CO- I do find that my hair is clean and to ensure this I always give my scalp a good scrub with the conditioner. However when I want waves, it is shampoo and conditioner wash for me!

I noticed we are both F/ii... maybe this has something to do with it!

Pegasus Marsters
March 19th, 2009, 04:54 AM
If shampoo works for you then USE IT. There's not this great rule written "ALL LONG HAIRS SHALL RUN FROM SULFATES" or something. Your hair can still be healthy using shampoo. For some of us CO just does not work and never will.

Loviatar
March 19th, 2009, 05:35 AM
CO makes me wavier; sulphates and cones make me a 1a; Dairy Whip, I vary from 1a-1c depending on what conditioner I use.

Just nuts :)

GlennaGirl
March 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I see I'm not alone after all!

For now, I'm really enjoying my teensy bit of wave and volume. So I'll experiment with striking a happy medium: cleansing only twice a week but using shampoo/conditioner to do it.

Hey, Lovi. We've become hair twins!!! Right down to the colors.