PDA

View Full Version : My Hair Ate a FICCARE???

Islandgrrl
March 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Oh, I don't even believe this.

My hair just ate my favorite Ficcarissimo. I've had my hair up in a bun all day, secured with my Ficcarissimo. All I'm doing is sitting at my desk working and the spring snapped and it fell out of my hair. :shocked:

I'm so bummed..... :-(

Silverlox
March 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Gosh!! :agape:

That's what I call powerful hair!! :thud:

Euphony
March 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Oh no no no no no! Contact Ficcare, I'm sure they'll be able to help you. How frustrating though!

Nightshade
March 18th, 2009, 04:50 PM
:lol: AWESOME.

I second calling Ficcare, I'm sure they'll help! :flowers:

savi
March 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Oh my. Well on the bright side: good for the hair.. not so good for the ficcare. :eek:
I'm sure the customer services can help or so.

Tabitha
March 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I think this merits a change of user title!

Islandgrrl
March 18th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I think this merits a change of user title!

Hmmm...might as well get a chuckle or two out of this. Done!

Euphony
March 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I like it!

eadwine
March 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Whoa.. yep.. this calls for a call in to see how their warranty works out ;)

Was it a large?

eresh
March 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
My first reaction was: WHOA!!
And yep, contact them, their customer service is really good.

rymorg2
March 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I bow to the ficcare eating hair.

Seriously though, I'm sorry this happened, and I bet that everyone is right about their CS. :D

Islandgrrl
March 18th, 2009, 05:27 PM
eadwine, yes, it is a large.

I'm on the phone with customer service now. They're going to apparently have to check and see what they can do for me - I don't know exactly how long I've had this clip and did not buy it directly from them. ..... Someone is going to call me back...

rags
March 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Oh, my! I just can't imagine hair that could break a Ficcare. You have Incredible Hulk Hair! :D My small is too big for my hair.....

I hope they help you. I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service!

EdG
March 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hair: 1, Hair clip: 0

That's awesome! :D
Ed

Wanderer09
March 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hahaha. I would be slightly proud. :D

AnneAdeline
March 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hahaha. I would be slightly proud. :D
Me, too.
Good luck with getting it fixed!

Pierre
March 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Did you get it in a swap or group order? You may be able to search the swap board to find when.

Dvips
March 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Wow. Now I am scared of your hair. :scared:

Heavenly Locks
March 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
At first I was like that's awesome! Then I was all sad, because there is now one less beautiful Ficcare in your collection. :(

Loviatar
March 19th, 2009, 05:37 AM
First thought: WOAH.

Second thought: That's because it's a Ficcarissimo holding up a bun.
I could be wrong in your case, but it just might not have been strong enough. I have never got those clips to hold any more than a twist, I swear. They just won't contain all my hair in a bun, and I only have a 2.75 circumference at the moment. They drive me insane but I love how they look.

Islandgrrl
March 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
First thought: WOAH.

Second thought: That's because it's a Ficcarissimo holding up a bun.
I could be wrong in your case, but it just might not have been strong enough. I have never got those clips to hold any more than a twist, I swear. They just won't contain all my hair in a bun, and I only have a 2.75 circumference at the moment. They drive me insane but I love how they look.

It doesn't really contain all my hair. I use it sort of like a hairstick - not really sure how to describe that...the bottom part of the clip goes in through the middle of the bun coil and then comes back out. Anyway....

Margarita from Ficcare just called me back. They cannot repair the clip, and I've had it too long for it to be replaced (I really, truly, didn't expect them to replace it anyway). So she offered me a 15% discount on a replacement clip if I'd like to do that.

My DH is a handy guy, I'll see if he can repair the clip, since money is kinda tight and I can't afford to replace it right now, even with the discount.

I didn't know my hair was this fierce! :cool: Um, Go Hair! I guess.....

Islandgrrl
March 19th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Did you get it in a swap or group order? You may be able to search the swap board to find when.

Actually, I got it on eBay.....

kali_shey
March 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Hahahaha! That's hilarious! Ficcare Killer! Hee!

My hair's eaten many clips, but so far the Ficcares are good. Shame Ficcare wasn't more helpful. I thought they were meant to last forever...?

Isa-belle
March 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's some fierce hair you've got there :)

snowbear
March 19th, 2009, 03:33 PM
My hair usually just turns my Ficcare into a projectile, but it's never actually snapped the spring. I'm impressed! :lol:

eresh
March 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
So she offered me a 15% discount on a replacement clip if I'd like to do that.

My DH is a handy guy, I'll see if he can repair the clip, since money is kinda tight and I can't afford to replace it right now, even with the discount.

Maybe explain this and they can perhaps arrange for the offer to be valid a certain time? So it gives you time to save up.
In case DH can't fix it.

eadwine
March 20th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I agree with Eresh. Good thing they gave you a discount, considering you didn't even buy directly from them this is a very good deal indeed!

Hopefully they will give you some sort of coupon/email proof that the 15% can be taken off a clip at any time in the future.

Nightshade
March 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
My hair usually just turns my Ficcare into a projectile, but it's never actually snapped the spring. I'm impressed! :lol:

The mental image of that is most amusing.

snowbear
March 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
The mental image of that is most amusing.
Assuming no one is standing close to me, it's hilarious. :lol: