PDA

View Full Version : 3 Year Anniversary!! Pictures!!

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Three years ago today I became a member and my life hasn't been the same! :gabigrin: I joined a couple of months after my sister, my only sibling, died. This place helped me with my grief like no other and I will forever be grateful for the caring people I've met here. Okay, the hair- my hair hasn't changed a whole lot in length, but the one big change in the last 3 years is that I stopped dyeing my hair in July 2006. It is a decision that I'm still happy with 3 years later and now I'm patiently waiting for all my hair to be virgin.

This picture was taken in August 2006. I didn't start taking hair pictures right away. It took a few months for me to get into the swing of things.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/ImportedPhotos00001-2.jpg

And this picture was taken recently. You can see my three years of natural growth.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/DSCN0039-5.jpg

I'll add more pictures later when Photobucket is more cooperative.

Thank you to everyone for making this such a lovely place to hang out! :smooch:

ETA:

Here are some pictures showing my progression over the last 3 years-

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/LeniBraid.jpg

January 2009
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/DSCN0004-9.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/LeniSmile.jpg

Christmas 2008
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/DSCN0042-2.jpg

DavidN
March 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I would like to congratulate you on your 3rd anniversary at the LHC, Leni, and what a delight it has been knowing you during the time that I have been a member of our community. You are one of those truly special people that I am honoured to call my friend.:blossom:

Let us not forget your wonderful thick hair, and look at how it has grown during the past 3 years! Here's to many more years, and I could not imagine this place without you!:grouphug:

mellie
March 17th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! :cake:

Your hair is so lovely, and you are such a wonderful friend!!! I'm so glad to have met you here! :flowers:

neenerbabe
March 17th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Happy Anniversary, Xandergrammy, I've seen you on the boards ever since I first joined, and still think your hair is like something out of a fairy tale. :)

LisaS.
March 17th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is so magnificent! Keep growing!

pdy2kn6
March 17th, 2009, 05:38 AM
xandergrammy, i think the length has improved, and the new growth looks fantastic!!! the fairytale ends look amazing on your curls.. the conditions great. keep up the good work !!!

bella77
March 17th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hey Momma!!!! Wowsers, you are looking fabulous! I am so glad you found this place, or I would never have found you! Happy Anniversary sweet lady!!!!

Pixna
March 17th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Xandergrammy, Happy Anniversary to you!!! Beautiful woman, beautiful hair. I'm glad you are here!!! :gift: :heart:

brok3nwings
March 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Congratulations! You have such an unique hair really! Different and very very beautiful! Im glad that LHC did such amazing things for you, things that matter. Well about your hair can i just say that i LOVE LOVE LOVE the two colour combination? Normally i woudnt cause im not a big fan of two tone but in your hair it just looks perfect i think i would prefer it like this than all natural. those strawberry blonde with greys and blonde look just perfect to me :) and you have such a thick hair!! thats another thing i am fan of. big hair eheh

Dientje
March 17th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Wow, you really have gorgeous hair! The new growth looks stunning, I love that color. And I agree with Neenerbabe that it looks like something out of a fairytale...

Congrats and happy anniversary!

Gutterfayrie
March 17th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love your waves :)

boukje
March 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
wow what a massive difference between photo 1 and 2 :agape: I like them both :inlove: the henna did suit you wonderfull but I do like your natural hair better (I think), I think it totally rocks when ladies who have silver hair leave it that way, instead of colouring it.

What an amazing progress. I hope my hair will look so nice too, in a few years (I am also trying to let the dye and henna grow out). :flowers:

Chrissy
March 17th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Leni - Beautiful!!! I love both pictures but the natural one is my favorite. I always love seeing you on the boards and with over 9,000 posts thats quite a lot!!!!:D

paper
March 17th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Happy Anniversary Xandergrammy! :flowers:

Your hair is beautiful and you are a beautiful person! You truly are my inspiration, I am happy to have met you.

HairyCarrie
March 17th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Your hair is inspirational to me. I can't wait to be at your length and fully natural as well. I also love how you share and care so freely. I can tell you have a good heart.

KajiKodomo
March 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Amazing! Your hair is magnificent! :D

Rhea
March 17th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Happy Anniversary , Xandergrammy ! The silver locks I like much better on you . :flower:

hanne jensen
March 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is just gorgeous.

bouton99
March 17th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Congratulations :flower:

Your hair is really beautiful - and you, too :)

akka naeda
March 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Happy Aniversary!:flowers:
Your hair's looking great :crush:

spidermom
March 17th, 2009, 08:43 AM
It's been such a treat to have you around, Leni.

Altocumulus
March 17th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Happy anniversary! You make LHC such a special place. :flower:

Johanna
March 17th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I love the fact you're letting your silver come through. The tone suits your face so well.
It's so lovely and thick as well! I can just imagine you as a lovely old lady with long long silver locks.

Anje
March 17th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Happy anniversary!

I have to say, though I'm generally not a fan of fairytale ends, yours make me reconsider. I love how they define the curls on you! Love the silver, too!

Ryanne
March 17th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Happy Anniversary! Very beautiful hair :)

AJoifulNoise
March 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Congratulations on 3 years here! You are a lovely and beautiful lady. A definate staple here. :flower: I always look forward to your blogs.

Morningglory
March 17th, 2009, 09:43 AM
:wethree: Congrats on three years here! How nice that you are growing out natural!:)

TammySue
March 17th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Happy Anniversay, Leni! The LCH would not be the same without you! Your hair looks as gorgeous as ever! :flowers:

LittleOrca
March 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Grats on your anniversary and your hair looks great!

Akiko
March 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Happy Anniversary, XanderGrammy!

patience
March 17th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Happy Anniversary! I love your natural color.

jojo
March 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Dear Leni AKA miss Killer braid! your hair is simply stunning, congratulations on reaching your 3 year aniversary and thank you for your friendship. xxx

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Look at all these responses! :joy: Thank you all so much! :inlove:

morningstar
March 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Leni You are one of the most beautiful people here. Your smile is as warm as your posts. When I first joined here it did not take long for me to just love you.
I always admire your beautiful hair and the love you give those around you.
Thank you for sharing your hair and your family. I hope to meet up with you someday.
:flowers: Marjorie

manderly
March 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Purdy! :D

Congratulations on your 3 years, you've been one of my favorite members since I joined here :grouphug:

Sceleste
March 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Your hair is simply beautiful. :crush:

The second picture from the top (the one that shows your current hair) made me drop my jaw, and that has only happened once before.
I'm glad you decided to stop dyeing. I love the two-toneness but it will be even more beautiful when your mane is completely virgin.

Happy anniversary!

LutraLutra
March 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Happy Anniversary! :toast: Your hair is inspirational and awesome. :blossom:

cindy58
March 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks great!

eresh
March 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Congratulations on 3 years!
I think your hair is wonderful!

GnGirl
March 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Happy anniversay! Your hair looks GREAT! Love the pictures you look soooo happy!

SilverLocks
March 17th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Happy Anniversary dear Leni! You are one of the warmest, sweetest, funniest members here. Your hair is stunning, I admire how you have let it grow it's natural color in without cutting out the old. It's so beautiful in it's thickness and wave and fairytale ends. Congratulations on your freedom from the bottle, you're an inspiration for many.

Thank you for your friendship and happy smile. It's contagious, you know? :smooch:

Many more years of happy growing to you!:flowers:

Johanna64
March 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Happy anniversary :blossom:
I love your hair,it's stunning and your braid is so thick!!

SchnauzerMom
March 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is so gorgeous!!!!

skay
March 17th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Congrats!

Such thick, wavy hair you have!

Your natural hair color & grays are progressing along nicely. Soon you'll have waves of "soft color" around you. :)

SpecialKitty
March 17th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Congratulations! I love your new growth with the natural color - and your waves are to die for!

SimplyLonghair
March 18th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Congrats Xandergrammy! You are a joy and an inspiration! :inlove:
I remember when you first came on to the boards!

Wow has it been that long/short a time?!:rolleyes:
Great growing!
:thumbsup:

EvaSimone
March 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Your hair is so beautiful and you are one of my LHC hair idols! :flowers:

tiny_teesha
March 18th, 2009, 12:52 AM
wow! I like the regrowth better too! And i only commented on your photos just yesterday i hadn't even noticed it was your anniversary! You've been a pleasure on the boards :) I hope you stay with us here forever! :) ( are you at terminal???)

Starr
March 18th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Happy Anniversary Xandergrammy! Your hair is more beautiful than ever and I absolutely love all of those sparkling silvers!

Aditi
March 18th, 2009, 01:40 AM
First, i would like to wish you Happy Anniversary Xandergrammy :toast:. Now second, WOW!!! :thud: your hair is so pretty and specially the curls they are just like my favorite fairytale Mermaid.

Ndnlady
March 18th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Happy anniversary!:bottomsup: :flowers: Your fairytale ends and salt and pepper hair have been an inspiration for me!

Heavenly Locks
March 18th, 2009, 02:49 AM
:flower:

Your hair is AWEsome :D I'm still a newbie so I haven't had as much time to get to know you yet, but I do want to tell you that you are one of my 'hair-spiration' members. I just love the way your silver looks....b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

Naava
March 18th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Happy anniversary. I love your hair!

Amoretti
March 18th, 2009, 04:06 AM
You and your hair are so beautiful, my friend. I am so happy you're a part of this community. It wouldn't be the same without you. :smooch:

JamieLeigh
March 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary!! :cheese: And thank you so much for sharing the photos of your journey back to natural color. It's amazing what 3 years can accomplish! You and your hair are both so beautiful, and I couldn't imagine this forum without you! :)

I'm so glad that you were able to find solace and friendship here after your sister passed away. This truly is a wonderful community. :flower:

coppercurls
March 18th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Your hair is so awesome! It was your hair that inspired me to stop coloring & go natural.

littlemiss
March 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM
congratulations :flowers: on your 3 years here and WOW your hair is long and looks so thick, very beautiful you give me hair envy!!

GlassEyes
March 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
CONGRATS! : D

I wonder how long it'll take for the new growth to meet the length of the old dye? o-o;;

darkwaves
March 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Look at you -- so beautiful!!!

Wonderful growth, wonderful woman.

I'm glad you're here.

spf4214
March 19th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Congratulations on your three years. Your hair is amazing.

Xandergrammy
March 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks, everyone!! :flowers:

Peggy E.
March 21st, 2009, 07:45 AM
Congratulations, Leni!

I remember when you made the decision to grow out your gray - how nervous you were, how bravely you muscled ahead. You are a strong, proud, caring and kind woman who it's been my pleasure to learn from and know.

Here's to many more years of gorgeous hair, gracious and serene living!

rags
March 21st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Congratulations! :flowers:

I always look forward to your posts, and your hair is just beautiful! You help make LHC such a wonderful place!

Tressie
March 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM
Happy Third Anniversary Xandergrammy!!! Your hair was gorgeous at the start, and is even more so today!! You are an inspiration, in many ways!! God Bless!!

Lamb
March 21st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :flowers: I always admired your wonderful thick hair and wurls. :)

EdG
March 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Congratulations Xandergrammy on three years! Your hair is fantastic. :)
Ed

Rohele
March 21st, 2009, 09:41 AM
Beautiful hair xandergrammy! I love the second picture you posted where your natural colour is coming in.

saman
March 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
You're hair is awesome and it looks very healthy.Long hair at your age is pretty unique although you're still young ;) I should join renegrays too since I've got grays and i like them because they're so natural.
wish you the best regarding to your hair and your life.