PDA

View Full Version : do you dream of longer hair?

LadyEliza
March 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
When I first got my hair cut from classic to pixie I was fine with it. But after a few months I started to have dreams where I would have my long hair back, and, in my dream, I'd say "oh, it was only a dream. thank goodness!" then I'd wake up and be sad because my hair was still short.

Now I'm growing it again. I love it the lenght it is, because it's long enought to put up and it's shiny and curly and thick and lovely. But last night I had a dream where it was waist lenght. In my dream I said "Wow, that grew fast!" and when I woke up I was a little sad because it wasn't!

Do you dream about your hair?

Omens
March 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I've dreamed about it a few times. Usually it all falling out in big huge clumps, wherein I wake up horrified and run over to the mirror to make sure it was just a dream. I've also had a few about hacking it off, then waking up and freaking out because I thought I really did it. For some reason, in my dreams it always sounds like a good idea, when in real life, it's an awful idea.

I don't think I've ever had dreams of it being longer. Hmm. Not that I recall. I wish I would though, I think that would be cool. Though I guess the waking up and discovering your hair is foot shorter wouldn't be so grand....

Just think---someday, you're going to wake up, and it will be real. :)

spf4214
March 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I've dreamt about someone cutting my hair off. I woke up in a panic.

Copasetic
March 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I have dreams about my hair, but they always involve cutting it. I can't remember having a dream where it was really long.

ecologystudent
March 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I too, cut off my hair, to a really short pixie length. It's now kind of like a bob, and I've had dreams about it being long enough to have a pony tail. I'm always so happy in the dreams, but I'm not terribly disappointed when I wake up- I'm trying to enjoy all the stages my hair is going through.

viking_quest
March 16th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I never have dreams about my hair. I can't decide if I'm lucky or not.

Finoriel
March 17th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I donīt seem to dream much in general, at least I never remember them. No hair dreams here.

jera
March 17th, 2009, 01:37 AM
It seems we dream about the opposite of what we've got. :o Usually I dream someone is trying to cut my hair or even shave my head. I wake up screaming from those. When my hair was shorter, I used to dream it was long.:p

RancheroTheBee
March 17th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Whenever I dream, my hair is longer in my dream than it is in reality. In fact, it looks like it did circa 2006; APL, red, wavy. It's like my brain took a snap shot of me in while I was looking in the mirror and was like, "Okay, she changes too much. I'll just keep this as a reference, and damned if I notice if she ever does anything else."

pdy2kn6
March 17th, 2009, 07:41 AM
haha yeah i dream about my hair alot, its a really bad feeling when you wake up and realise 'it was just a dream' lol. I often think about one day having super long hair just as i am drifting off which probly is what triggers the dreams, oh yeah and if you eat cheese close to bed time that would trigger off some kind of dream or another!!!...

bgarrison
March 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
So funny you'd ask! I just did last night. I dreamed my hair was waist length and I hadn't realized it, loL! Very pleasant and when I woke up I half expected it to be longer!

I never dream it's been cut, though.

Forever_Sophie
March 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I've had dreams that I had my hair cut (willingly, in the dream) and wake up VERY happy that it was just a dream!!

Hypnotica
March 17th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I dreamt of long hair sometime after I joined the boards and still had APL. But the last dream I had that was hair related, was that I had accidently gotten diet coke all over my hair and slept on it, which resulted in horribly bleached and fried hair.

s_tresses
March 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
hmm i day dream!
about longer, thicker and pin straight hair.

twilight
March 19th, 2009, 11:38 AM
yep, both ways: dreams where it's longer and i wake up sad, and nightmares (like i posted the other day) where it's been all chopped off and i wake up relieved!

thankfully these don't happen too often or i might go crazy with emotional confusion.

camirra555
March 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Same thing happened to me

I've dreamt about someone cutting my hair off. I woke up in a panic.

Bloodflower
March 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM
It seems we dream about the opposite of what we've got. :o

I never dream about my hair being longer, but I frequently have dreams about being a blonde ... Which is very strange because I have no desire to bleach my hair - nor would it suit me.

Lissa
March 19th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I've never dreamt about my hair as far as I can remember, but my sister once had a dream in which I had long hair, and she said it looked good on me :) That was back when my hair was shoulder length, so maybe it inspired me to grow it longer?

Jules diamond
March 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I had a dream that I still had hip length hair like I did when I was a kid. After I woke up and realized it was still chin length I decided to start growing it.

manderly
March 19th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Just last night I dreamt I was leaning over giving my BF a hug and my hair was hitting my waist......but it wasn't actually that long in the dream, it just seeeeeemed that long because of the way I was leaning or something. But I remember how wonderful it felt to have my hair down my back.

jera
March 19th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I dreamt of long hair sometime after I joined the boards and still had APL. But the last dream I had that was hair related, was that I had accidently gotten diet coke all over my hair and slept on it, which resulted in horribly bleached and fried hair.

Hypnotica, That's a gorgeous clip in your siggy pic. :)

YogaGirl59
March 21st, 2009, 11:45 AM
My DH told me this morning that last night he dreamed my hair was down to tailbone...ha ha, I guess my time on LHC is rubbing off on him!

I have had a few dreams of my hair being waist length, thick and gorgeous. Of course, in my dreams it's never frizzy or dry.

Speckla
March 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM
I dream about my hair a lot. I sometimes have longer hair in my dreams or shorter because it broke off. People in my dream are always telling me to cut it or how ugly my curls are. I think my worst feelings or fears come out while I'm sleeping.

princess
March 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM
I dream of length but I dream more of volume, circumference and even thickness.

Always that has been my dream.

helen2806
March 22nd, 2009, 04:50 AM
last night I had my first ever hair dream:

I dreamt my hair was about knee length and I had to get my sister to help me wash it with this really strong smelling banana conditioner because I couldn't reach it all...

a bit weird because that is waaaay beyond my goal (waist) so I'm not sure where it came from!

Feye
March 22nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
I've dreamed about it too, especially in the months after a big chop. I'd wake up feeling so happy that the short hair was just a dream, only to realize that the length is really gone. It's sad :(

Now my hair is BS again and the dreams have stopped. This is where my comfort length starts and going longer will simply be additional fun!

Good luck on your growth!

LovingLife
March 22nd, 2009, 06:31 AM
Actually I influence my friends and family so much with being obsessed with my hair most of them have told me of dreams where I had hip length hair!

Dreamernz
March 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Oh yes I have dreams where my hair is really long, I had one recently where I'd just been swimming and my hair hung below my hips! :D..... Then I woke up :(