PDA

View Full Version : shiny and dull

jera
March 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Some days my hair has awesome shine while on others it looks just too dull. My routine is pretty much the same, so this is confusing. What do you use to add shine to your hair? :confused: My hair is too dry to benefit from ACV rinses ad the price of broccoli seed oil is too high these days. :(

spidermom
March 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Have you considered lighting? My hair looks dull as can be if there is no direct light. Throw a light on it and it shines like the moon.

Honey39
March 16th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Weather for me - humidity makes my hair frizz up like no ones business! Plus I guess there are lots of other variables, like how I let my hair dry, what I put on it, how I comb it etc. I get the very best shine by letting it dry in a bun, but it takes too long, lol.

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Try as I might, I just can't stick to a routine. LOL, maybe after I've been here a bit longer and have tried out all of the different things that the people on this forum recommend, I'll settle into a routine and stick with it.

My hair is usually shinier, the longer I go without washing. :p

HairColoredHair
March 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
My hair is shiny when it's a bit dirty or right after a henna go 'round. :D

arabidbutterfly
March 16th, 2009, 05:13 PM
My hair is its shiniest when I rinse in REALLY cold water.

Omens
March 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I think most people's hair is that way (though some are blessed with very sparkly hair 24/7). Like spidermom said too, it can sometimes be the lighting.

I use one of those "shine" sprays they sell everywhere. I think the one I have has some jojoba oil in it. It works well enough when I feel like my hair is looking overly dull.

Ash
March 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Cold water rinsing and a very small amount of coconut oil when wet help my hair stay shiny.

RancheroTheBee
March 16th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Having any sort of conventional products in my hair sometimes dulls it, unless it's of a specific sort, or I use it very sparingly.

Katze
March 17th, 2009, 04:11 AM
my hair is only shiny when it's very freshly washed with an SMT, or when it's dirty. I figure it is part of having so many baby hairs and the frizz of being barely wavy...my sister's hair, in comparison, shines blindingly. She also has an even hemline and 1b 'straight' hair.

Treecrown
March 17th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I agree, it can depend a lot on weather, how it dries, etc, but:

My hair has been much shinier since I started using soapnuts (alternating sometimes with really diluted shampoo) and oiling with tiny amounts of coconut and shea butter. I assume that having the right amount of oil, whether it's sebum, an added oil or a combination of the two, plays a big part in shiny-ness.

I've also been doing ACV rinses occasionally, which probably helps too.

templeofvenus
March 17th, 2009, 05:25 AM
my hair always goes dull and feels all flat about that!! time of the month! wierd!:(

jojo
March 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
My hair has got more shiny since using soapnuts.