PDA

View Full Version : Article on how to grow long hair

wolf girl
March 16th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Here's an article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29284081/) that was written on MSNBC about how to grow long heathy hair. They did get a few points right. I thought about emailing the writer and giving her and link to LHC so she could really find out the best way... :twisted:

enfys
March 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Some interesting things. I liked how a hair could be "up to 2 years old" the most...

It's a good start though.

Pierre
March 16th, 2009, 08:43 AM
strands can be up to two years old, depending on their length
Backwards. Length depends on age; age depends on how healthy you've been in the past few years and your terminal time.

In the shower, saturate hair with conditioner, then detangle to help knots slide out easily
Good, but knots and tangles are two different things (though a tangle can have knots). Knots have to be cut off.

$28 twice a week on hair???

lora410
March 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
A trim every 10 weeks :disgust: I wouldn't have any hair left!!!! They definitely need to come to LHC but then again thats how salons chalk up their money :rolleyes: and for the 28$ deep treatment I can for for a few cents by using Evoo. Thanks for the article though :flower:

neenerbabe
March 16th, 2009, 09:01 AM
LOL!

'before wielding your flatiron....'

Good luck with the long hair/flatiron mix!

wolf girl
March 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM
LOL!

Good luck with the long hair/flatiron mix!

Yes that was my favorite too. :rolleyes:

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for posting...I needed a laugh this morning. ;)

I too am giggling at the "before wielding your flatiron..." I imagine the best place to use the flatiron would be a duel of some sort. (although hair sticks can be quite deadly)

wolf girl
March 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
(although hair sticks can be quite deadly)

One of my co workers actually asked me if a hair stick would make it past airport security.:lol: I laughed at first but then thought hmmmm :ponder:

Radulfr
March 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM
An article that long hair is a good thing?
I thought all the general media knew was short hair "in style", long hair "out of style."

Maybe long hair really is making a comeback. :cheer:

jera
March 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I'd love to see how much those opinions would change after spending 3 months at LHC. :D Flatirons and long hair are a disaster waiting to happen.