PDA

View Full Version : Visit to the salon :) (pics)

marajade
March 15th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I actually had a pleasant experience at the salon!
I know, shocking!

A little back story: The lady I usually like to do my hair is a mother of a very large family so she's actually not there as much as I would like. I like her because she is very careful with my hair and very good at doing what I ask. . oh and did I mention she has hip length healthy hair? Well, I went to the salon and her sister works there now- quite young- I believe about 19 or so. Last time I went which was a year or so ago the sister was interning at the salon while she was finishing her training and she did my eyebrows and did such an awesome job! So, when I saw her this time and her older sister wasn't available I jumped at the opportunity. I got a wash/condition/deep condition- and an awesome scalp massage and a 1/2 trim of the ends and had her reshape whats left of my front layering (which will be grown out to one length eventually). Oh and I got my eyebrows done- yup she's still great at my eyebrows- they are all wonky and she always gets them even.
Before the trim:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=306&pictureid=33922
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/3358271245_2fa47ed37e.jpg

As you can see my hemline was all over the place!

After flat ironed:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3358271033_f50fcfb22f.jpg
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=306&pictureid=33927
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=306&pictureid=33928http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3606/3359088564_e4a74abbb9.jpg
So on to the pictures of the hair. I let her flat iron- hey what the heck? I haven't had any heat on my hair in a year! :p Oh the nicest thing she said was most people come in with hair that long don't look as good as my hair. A middle aged lady came into the salon and commented she hadn't seen ANYONE with hair my length in so long she couldn't remember and then complimented me :).
We had such a pleasant time especially when she did the washing/scalp massage that I asked her if I could come in once a month and have her do a wash/deep condition and have her french braid my hair and she said she would be delighted!!! :cheese:

lizzyjo
March 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM
It looks wonderful! I'm glad you had a good experience.

justgreen
March 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Oh your hair looks fantastic, but then it did when we met last December! I love the flat ironed look on you! I'm skeered of it, LOL!

ETA: Are you sure your hair isn't longer than 30.5"?

marajade
March 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Oh your hair looks fantastic, but then it did when we met last December! I love the flat ironed look on you! I'm skeered of it, LOL!

ETA: Are you sure your hair isn't longer than 30.5"?

LOL @ the skeered! Nah, its definitely 30.5-31 inches now after the trim. It was nearing tailbone before the trim. I think I have a really funny short torso because Grant says I am close to hip (like 1 inch close) but it doesn't feel that close. I measured before and I was 31.5. *shrugs*

serenitygal
March 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Oooooh, it's gorgeous! I LOVE the feeling of having someone else wash and massage my scalp; feels so pampering/luxurious.
Gorgeous hair, BTW. :flowers:

RancheroTheBee
March 16th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Your hair looks absolutely wonderful. :D And I'm so glad you had a good experience at a salon. Not too many people here seem to have them.

maskedrose
March 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM
It looks gorgeous! I love your color - such a rich golden brown :)

Aditi
March 16th, 2009, 01:36 AM
You hair is lovely and i loved your bun. Now that you have find yourself a perfect salon don't ever let it go.

Chrissy
March 16th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Yes a nice salon story!!! Very pretty. I've had the same hairdresser for years. She always does what I say. Sometimes she may suggest something but does what I ask. The flat iron look is nice. I love your waves too. Since you have been good with no heat like you said what the heck. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.

longhairedfairy
March 16th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Very nice! :)

tinabcurly
March 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! So shiny. Glad to hear you had such a pleasant salon experience.

Tap Dancer
March 16th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Some of the pics aren't working, but the ones that are look great! :flower:

tsenglish@ns.sy
March 16th, 2009, 06:59 AM
It looks lovely. I like the hemline & long layers =)

LutraLutra
March 16th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Looking good. :D

KajiKodomo
March 16th, 2009, 08:04 AM
It looks great! :D I'm glad you found such a great salon!

cindy58
March 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Your hair looks great! It's also nice when you can build a relationship with a stylist who you can count on to do just what you want!

Copasetic
March 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM
It looks great! Your hair colour is amazing.

Johanna64
March 16th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Your hair looks great and I love the color :)

HairyCarrie
March 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Another inspiration pic for me as I want to go waist length too. Love it... and what a fun, relaxing hair day.

neenerbabe
March 16th, 2009, 08:44 AM
:bowtome: Wow! It looks so soft and healthy, I'm loving it.

boukje
March 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
it looks absolutely amazing.

Is this your own haircolour? I wish mine was like that, great :hollie:

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 09:17 AM
It looks gorgeous! I think that I've already commented on these pics...probably in your profile. LOL. But my opinion hasn't changed! ;)

It's great to hear a salon story that ends in a positive experience! :D Good on ya!

Rohele
March 16th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Wow - beautiful hair, and a beautiful colour too!

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Oooooh, it's gorgeous! I LOVE the feeling of having someone else wash and massage my scalp; feels so pampering/luxurious.
Gorgeous hair, BTW. :flowers:

Thank you! :D

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Your hair looks absolutely wonderful. :D And I'm so glad you had a good experience at a salon. Not too many people here seem to have them.

Thank you very much! :p

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
It looks gorgeous! I love your color - such a rich golden brown :)

Thank you - my hair seems to be crazy when it comes to color but that description seems to fit it quite nicely! :cheese:

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:08 AM
You hair is lovely and i loved your bun. Now that you have find yourself a perfect salon don't ever let it go.

;) I hope not to!

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! So shiny. Glad to hear you had such a pleasant salon experience.

Thank you!

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Some of the pics aren't working, but the ones that are look great! :flower:

Thank you! Sometimes flickr has issues, I have to refresh sometimes.

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
It looks lovely. I like the hemline & long layers =)

Thank you- that means a lot, I was very self conscious of my hemline before- I'm very happy with the result now. :)

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Looking good. :D

Thank you!

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:12 AM
It looks great! :D I'm glad you found such a great salon!

Thank you!!!

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Your hair looks great! It's also nice when you can build a relationship with a stylist who you can count on to do just what you want!

Thank you! I'm glad I found them!

It looks great! Your hair colour is amazing.

Thank you very much!

Your hair looks great and I love the color :)

Thank you!

Another inspiration pic for me as I want to go waist length too. Love it... and what a fun, relaxing hair day.

Yes it was very relaxing :). Thank you! That is very sweet of you. :o

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
:bowtome: Wow! It looks so soft and healthy, I'm loving it.

Thank you! I'm glad its healthy! Its nice to see hard work finally pay off! :)

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
it looks absolutely amazing.

Is this your own haircolour? I wish mine was like that, great :hollie:

Yes, that is my natural hair color- when I was growing up I hated it because I thought it was "brassy" but it was more of a product issue and moisturization. As long as its moisturized it looks very pretty :).

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
It looks gorgeous! I think that I've already commented on these pics...probably in your profile. LOL. But my opinion hasn't changed! ;)

It's great to hear a salon story that ends in a positive experience! :D Good on ya!

Thank you for the compliment and pic comments too :).

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Wow - beautiful hair, and a beautiful colour too!

Thank you!

Carolyn
March 16th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Wow just wow! How wonderful you had such a nice salon experience. I like to have my hair flat ironed and blow dried when I get my high lights. I love the look and enjoy wearing it down on those days. It's OK to do fun things to your hair now and then.