PDA

View Full Version : milk for straightness

mommy2one05
April 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM
I found this hair recipe but don't know if it's worth trying. It says to put milk in a spritz bottle ( but if you don't have a spritz bottle would anything work) and apply to hair....let set for 20 minutes and then rinse and then shampoo as normal.and this is supposed to make your hair straight.

eadwine
April 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
I find that very hard to believe to be honest ;)

doodlesmart
April 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Sounds like it would just make your hair a sticky mess. The prospect of sitting around with hair down and soaked in milk for 20 minutes sounds kinda sticky and icky.

Rzilynt
April 1st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Actually Coconut milk and Lime or
any Cheapie Conditioner and 2 tablespoons of baking soda will relax the natural curl.

Many on other hair boards with Textured hair have used this instead of harsh relaxing chemicals to loosen their natural curl pattern.

I have tried them both on my adult daughter and the condish baking soda worked on her curly hair. It is not straight but her curls are much looser. :)

RZ~

mommy2one05
April 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM
so you would mix the conditioner and baking soda and let set on hair and rinse or leave in....on wet or dry hair

mommy2one05
April 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
any Cheapie Conditioner and 2 tablespoons of baking soda will relax the natural curl.

Could I make a mist with this and water to spray on my hair frequently that would help it not be as wavy or frizzy?

Xanthippe
April 2nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Regarding the baking soda and conditioner, I have used that twice to remove buildup from my hair. It actually made my hair curlier (and softer), so your mileage may vary. :shrug:

jojo
April 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
I claryify with baking soda and condish sometimes and it made my hair loads more wurly. i would think the milk would soften the hair maybe

MemSahib
April 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Could you get a protein buildup from using milk all the time?

ChloeDharma
April 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Could you get a protein buildup from using milk all the time?

I'm guessing that would depend on how your hair reacts to protein....mine loves it and i doubt that for me it would cause a problem......though i know some peoples hair hates it.
If your hair is usually ok with protein then maybe just balancing by doing very regular moisture treatments will prevent any potential problems?